Guilty Gear Xrd (Read 887537 times)

Started by LurkerSupreme, May 19, 2013, 03:27:57 pm
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- : New 3D Guilty Gear
#21  May 19, 2013, 05:00:55 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
So I work a fighters event all weekend, I come home and see this.  Fuuuuuck.
#22  May 19, 2013, 05:01:28 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Anyway I don't really like Guilty Gear, but I hope they didn't chop the game up into an easy mode mess because I would feel really bad for all the GG fans who waited forever for a new game while Blazblue was the current thing. 
I don't really see why they would do that. Their market is almost entirely in the people who like their old games.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#23  May 19, 2013, 05:04:14 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Well this news is entirely good to wake up too.

Not a big fan of the wide look of the characters but I might warm up to it eventually.

EDIT: I saw Sega's name in the trailer. I thought they no longer had to rights to GG (Arc bought them back if I recall, unless it's just distribution rights).
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: May 19, 2013, 05:47:14 pm by Roman55
#24  May 19, 2013, 05:07:23 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
Anyway I don't really like Guilty Gear, but I hope they didn't chop the game up into an easy mode mess because I would feel really bad for all the GG fans who waited forever for a new game while Blazblue was the current thing. 
I don't really see why they would do that. Their market is almost entirely in the people who like their old games.

they wouldn't need a reason if they want new ppl to play, that don't know how to read an instruction manual lol
#25  May 19, 2013, 05:21:25 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Also that topic title is EXTREMELY misleading, the game is 2.5D, NOT 3D.
#26  May 19, 2013, 05:27:28 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Or just put "new fighter announced" :P

Anyways, I hope they won't "import" too much elements from Blazblue. Some improvements are a must and honestly I'd be a idiot if I'd demand it to play exactly like the previous games.

But well, just keep it Guilty Gear.
#27  May 19, 2013, 05:35:31 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Holy shit, this is great.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#28  May 19, 2013, 05:41:34 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
...but I hope they didn't chop the game up into an easy mode mess because I would feel really bad for all the GG fans who waited forever for a new game while Blazblue was the current thing.
Everyone needs to realize that sequels(more specifically from older games) are made for a few reasons. A big one being that they want to make something the fans of the previous games are going to be happy with. But as far as the company is concerned, the major reason for games like this is to get new people to play that hadn't had the chance before.  We need to know that the "hard for the new, easier for the old" mindset is pretty much gone from games of this age.  So chances are, there will be an easy mode that will allow new players to do very basic BnB combos/setups that will be annoying to mid level players, but won't be a problem for high level players.  I only hope they disable it for online play.

For the record, this isn't directed at you, MC2.  This is, more or less, a general observation.

EDIT:
Forgot to add:
HOLY SHIT
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
Re: Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- : New 2.5D Fighting Game
#29  May 19, 2013, 05:45:40 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
its about time...
#30  May 19, 2013, 05:50:45 pm
Changed redundant and misleading thread title. Sorry :P

It doesn't look too bad visually (the increase in character width only bothers me a bit). Surprised they went this route because I thought they were going fullpseed ahead with a completely new project, not that I'm complaining. Wasn't really into GG and I don't think that'll change for now ,yet I'm happy they still think there's a bit of life in it.
#31  May 19, 2013, 05:59:52 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
To think these characters are actually fucking 3D.
I kinda predicted a 3D GG would happen but I didn't imagine it would look this fucking good HOLY SHIT.
Spoiler: Wishlist (click to see content)

Also, Unreal is meant to run games at 30FPS (Things get wonky at 60FPS) so I don't know if that was a good choice or not.
Not when your arcade board is PC-based. Think about it.
#32  May 19, 2013, 06:44:15 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
I think it looks really great. I'm hyped even though I'm horrible at GG. :)
#33  May 19, 2013, 07:14:17 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
I'm already hyped at that cool comeback.
I just hope that almost everyone, who appeared before, appears there as well.
And maybe finally a nerfed Justice, which is playable from the start (though that would never happen, knowing ArcSys).
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#34  May 19, 2013, 07:18:48 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
AC+R says hi.
#35  May 19, 2013, 07:38:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Changed redundant and misleading thread title. Sorry :P

if it were not for that other guilty gear game that would not matter.

Posted: May 19, 2013, 07:40:59 pm
To think these characters are actually fucking 3D.
I kinda predicted a 3D GG would happen but I didn't imagine it would look this fucking good HOLY SHIT.
Spoiler: Wishlist (click to see content)

Also, Unreal is meant to run games at 30FPS (Things get wonky at 60FPS) so I don't know if that was a good choice or not.
Not when your arcade board is PC-based. Think about it.

thinking about it, is it still for the typex2 or there is a typex3 now ?
#36  May 19, 2013, 07:42:15 pm
    • USA
Wow they really fooled me for a second with those 3D models, they totally looked like sprites. Also Eddie is still alive or what? o_0
#37  May 19, 2013, 07:45:44 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#38  May 19, 2013, 08:15:00 pm
  • If you want peace...Prepare for War
    • USA
This game looks awesome, but I'm sorry, Ky Kiske looks like a woman. If I didn't already know he was a guy, it would be really hard to tell. Not surprising though, because 80% of male characters originating out of Asia all look like women for some unknown reason, it's just really frustrating. Just look at one of the SF fan favorites, Poison. He/she literally is a transvestite. WTF? Call me old fashioned, but I miss the days when men actually looked and acted like men. I'm excited for this game, but I'd still love to slap the character designers that decided it was a good idea to make men look like cross-dressers who wish they were born real women. Ryu should come and rip that stupid ass pony tail off of Ky's head and strangle him with it. Also Ky, men don't wear shoulder pads, woman do in their dresses. I'm scared to see how womanly they're going to make Anji look.
#39  May 19, 2013, 08:17:48 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
How is this new? Ky has always been a prettyboy and one dumb ponytail does not make him look any more like a girl. It just kinda makes him look like a douche.

I don't really see how using pretty men as characters could induce so much anger in you.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#40  May 19, 2013, 08:22:00 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Wow they really fooled me for a second with those 3D models, they totally looked like sprites. Also Eddie is still alive or what? o_0

Zato-1,the guy,is dead.The black thing,Eddie,is alive and is controling his dead body.
Poor Venom,he really wanted to stick his pool stick into Zato-1s black hole,and the guy dies

Posted: May 19, 2013, 08:23:14 pm
This game looks awesome, but I'm sorry, Ky Kiske looks like a woman. If I didn't already know he was a guy, it would be really hard to tell. Not surprising though, because 80% of male characters originating out of Asia all look like women for some unknown reason, it's just really frustrating. Just look at one of the SF fan favorites, Poison. He/she literally is a transvestite. WTF? Call me old fashioned, but I miss the days when men actually looked and acted like men. I'm excited for this game, but I'd still love to slap the character designers that decided it was a good idea to make men look like cross-dressers who wish they were born real women. Ryu should come and rip that stupid ass pony tail off of Ky's head and strangle him with it. Also Ky, men don't wear shoulder pads, woman do in their dresses. I'm scared to see how womanly they're going to make Anji look.

Its a good thing you dont know Bridget is a guy then