YesNoOk

Doctor Who Thread (Read 557443 times)

Started by Nucka, January 08, 2010, 03:54:37 am
Share this topic:
Re: Does anybody like Doctor Who????
#21  November 09, 2013, 11:20:39 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
And another one.

Dat Three Doctors callback.  ^_^

I wonder what's up with Rose, though.  The trailers sort of make it seem like she's not travelling with 10, which in turn begs the question what she's even doing there.  This looks like it could be really good.
#22  November 09, 2013, 11:28:34 pm
Say, did we get confirmation that this is the meta-crisis Tenth ? With the time travels and the presence of Hurt, it's not impossible that they just picked up Tenth when he was still full Time Lord along with Rose, rather than picking up the human Tenth with one heart and Rose in the parallel world. And especially, I'm curious to know if there's any chance that we'll see more of Tennant in that role (even just in one-time specials).
That question just dawned on me because I can't remember if the meta-crisis copy kept a sonic screwdriver, and he has one in this trailer. All this time I've been assuming it was meta-crisis Tenth.
Also, since we're clearly getting the Time War, I wonder if we'll get some of Timothy Dalton's Rassilon. Was he namedropped at some point ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:41:45 pm by DKDC
#23  November 09, 2013, 11:55:40 pm
    • USA
It's hard to pin down exactly where in 10's timeline this takes place, but I don't think it's the Meta-Crisis doctor.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's post-Martha but pre-Donna.  They've already said that Queen Elizabeth I is going to figure prominently in it, so right now the popular speculation is that whatever happens here will become the reason she wanted him beheaded back when he and Martha visited Shakespeare.  They never did clarify what that was about, this could be it.
#24  November 10, 2013, 12:01:39 am
Hum... I remember seeing an episode on TV not long ago, and the Doctor made a passing comment that he was coming back from seeing Queen Elizabeth, and "let's just say she lost her nickname", her nickname being the Virgin Queen (very subtle). I think it was an episode of Eleventh. It didn't specify if that was related to what you mention though.
If Elizabeth I was said to feature, it's likely going to be about the creation of Torchwood 1, right ? Yours make sense too.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#25  November 10, 2013, 12:20:19 am
    • USA
The Doctor's relationship to Elizabeth I has become something of a running gag in the series.  The first time he met her from his perspective was the Shakespeare episode, where she orders her guards to kill him on site.  Martha asks him what he did, and he responds by saying he doesn't know because he hasn't done it yet.  Then it kept getting mentioned as a sort of recurring joke here and there, but never anything definitive.  So if she's going to be in this special, that would mean it's some time after 10 met her with Martha.  At least, that's my theory anyway.

And I think Torchwood was started by Queen Victoria, not Elizabeth.  I may be remembering that wrong, though.
#26  November 10, 2013, 12:22:17 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
10 mentioned Elizabeth 1st to the Ood in End of Time. That's why he took so long to get there. So the time period he's from might be after Waters of Mars/Before End of Time.

Also I am going to see this in the cinema. Bit sad about my girlfriend not being able to see it with me though :(
#27  November 10, 2013, 12:31:43 am
And I think Torchwood was started by Queen Victoria, not Elizabeth.  I may be remembering that wrong, though.
Apparently that's correct. I thought I remembered the episode with Shakespeare with them running away from her including a passing glance at Torchwood 1. Okay, so it has nothing to do with that then.
#28  November 14, 2013, 03:10:28 pm
    • USA
Holy shit, look who it is.

#29  November 14, 2013, 03:15:44 pm
Can't watch Youtube at work, someone spoil me please ?
#30  November 14, 2013, 03:20:34 pm
    • USA
If you insist:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#31  November 14, 2013, 03:27:44 pm
Hah ! Nice.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#32  November 15, 2013, 02:10:54 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Wow, that prequel is awesome :D and now I want to see the DW movie with the Eight Doctor to know more

Also, I don't think I could see the movie in cinemas here, in Chile was available in very few cinemas and all whovians here are already bought all tickets for The Day of the Doctor :sadgoi:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#33  November 20, 2013, 03:15:45 am
    • USA
Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 03:19:30 am by Person Man
#34  November 20, 2013, 04:19:59 am
  • Unique, just like everyone else
I can't even handle this right now oh my god

First Paul McGann shows up and out-Doctor's in seven minutes the Doctor-ness of the last three in any one series.

Now Tom Baker, who has been terminally allergic to any role regarding the Doctor since his departure, is confirmed to make an appearance.

I must go and prepare my body.  And also print out my ticket.  Get hype.
#35  November 20, 2013, 04:30:00 am
    • USA
It's definitely a surprise.  Last I heard was that he was refusing to play the part anymore because he felt he'd gotten too old and he no longer looked like he did when he was the Doctor.
#36  November 20, 2013, 09:50:05 am
Uh, Paul McGann is in the movie too ? I knew he was sighted near the studio once, but he denied he'd be in the movie, and when the web short came up I figured that was all for him. Well, I haven't seen his one and only appearance before that as the Doctor, but I liked him a lot in that web short. Haven't seen Tom Baker either for that matter (save for one series with Davros) but I know he was popular.
So now it's not unreasonable to expect Christopher Eccleston or, more importantly, John Barrowman despite their denial earlier this year.
Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:54:55 am by DKDC
#37  November 20, 2013, 03:16:30 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
So we're up to 5 Doctors? (Was McGann confirmed to be in Day of the Doctor or only Night of?)
AWESOME!
Saturday can't come sooner
#38  November 20, 2013, 10:43:42 pm
    • USA
^^  I still wouldn't count on Eccleston.  It kind of seems like he hates Doctor Who.  He wouldn't do more than a single season, he never attends any of the cons or panels he's invited to, he even refuses to talk about it in interviews.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he refused to take part in the 50th.  It's too bad though, because he really was fantastic.   :-\
#39  November 20, 2013, 10:52:35 pm
  • Portrait maker/AI coder
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
To me David Tennant was the best of them, i remember i actually cried with him when he was turning to Matt Smith and stopped watching the show cause i couldn't believe he was gone until a month ago that i started watching what i missed.
#40  November 21, 2013, 12:52:11 am
I just watched that '96 movie and wow, Paul McGann gave his Doctor more personality in the 7 minutes of Night of the Doctor than he did in that movie (which is a bit understandable because he only got to have a personality for maybe 15 minutes in that movie, what with not being there for the first third, being amnesiac for one more third, and running from the Master for the rest...)