YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 122214 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#221  September 24, 2019, 01:34:21 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
A defensive bull otherwise known for its offensive use in gen 1 and weird access to the like of higher-tier attacks like Blizzard and whatnot would be a rather unusual I'd say.  Dunsparce would be more believable but is that breed of snake or similar mythology even found in the U.K. to expect it to be in the game?

Because, you know, we have to deal with that stupidity now with the cut roster.

Not that I wouldn't mind something new for Tauros, just I don't picture it being the opposite of Farfetch'd.  Oh right, and Tauros already has a pairing, it goes with Miltank.  Anything new pertaining to Tauros would probably involve Miltank as well.
Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 01:44:09 am by Long John Killer
#222  September 24, 2019, 01:58:20 am
    • Brazil

I really don't want Dunsparce to get an evolution, I want by baby weakling to stay my baby weakling. Also, while a Pokémon most likely will get an evolution as a counterpart of Sirfetch'd, I wouldn't discard other old gen Pokémon getting evolutions regardless of version.
#223  September 24, 2019, 06:15:08 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Oh right, and Tauros already has a pairing, it goes with Miltank.  Anything new pertaining to Tauros would probably involve Miltank as well.

Then explain why Slowbro got a Mega Evolution while Slowking didn't? :smirk:

Anyway, glad to see that they're finally taking cross-gen evolutions seriously again and not just a one-off thing like what they did with Sylveon in gen 6.
#224  September 24, 2019, 06:59:00 pm
    • Brazil

Speaking of which, I wonder if Eevee will get another evolution.
#225  September 24, 2019, 09:56:08 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Probably a Steel type. Or Poison.
This is fate.
#226  September 24, 2019, 10:27:16 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I want these Pokemon to either get a Galarian form or an evolution: Mightyena (Either), Dunsparce (Evo), Cherrim (Galarian), Sudowoodo (Evo), Smeargle (Evo), Arcanine (Galarian), Luvdisc (Evo), Druddigon (Galarian)
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#227  September 25, 2019, 12:01:03 am
    • USA
Then explain why Slowbro got a Mega Evolution while Slowking didn't? :smirk:
Huh?  Slowking is an alternative evolution branch, not a pairing.  A pairing would be rivaling pokemon not of the same species, like Pinsir and Heracross are.  That said, it was bizarre Slowking never got a Mega evolution, and now that they've dropped it for a Super Mushroom mechanic, kind of a bit late now.
#228  October 05, 2019, 12:20:26 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
There's a 24 hour stream going on right now for SwSh.  It's being presented as one of those nature-cam videos with a static camera pointed at a region in Galar.  What that practically amounts to is that they've been streaming for 10 hours and have shown approximately 3 minutes worth of actual footage.

Although they've been teasing what is clearly a Galarian Ponyta that straight up looks exactly like Princess Celestia, so that's pretty cool.

:EDIT:  Oh my gosh it's so freaking cute!

Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 03:02:42 pm by Person Man
#229  October 05, 2019, 06:18:43 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Imagine spending 24 hours staring at almost nothing with the only thing actually notable is a new form of an old Pokemon. Real nature streams actually have something that's constantly happening even if it's mostly nothing interesting. That's how nature works. Staring at a 3d space that they didn't even bother animating besides some rare Pokemon that appeared is not even remotely comparable.

Also when will they stop teasing Impidimp? We already knew about it for months.
#230  October 05, 2019, 06:37:56 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Imagine spending 24 hours staring at almost nothing with the only thing actually notable is a new form of an old Pokemon. Real nature streams actually have something that's constantly happening even if it's mostly nothing interesting. That's how nature works. Staring at a 3d space that they didn't even bother animating besides some rare Pokemon that appeared is not even remotely comparable.

wow gotta hand it to ya, i didnt think anyone would find a way to complain about this, but you did
#231  October 05, 2019, 06:43:45 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I mean, he's not entirely wrong.  I was intermittently checking out the stream and they really would go 30-45 minutes with literally nothing happening other than maybe an audio clip of Morelull's cry.  It was a novel concept, but not terribly effective in practice.

On the other hand, we got rainbow unicorns now which are just objectively delightful.  I hope Galarian Rapidash turns out to be an alicorn.
#232  October 05, 2019, 06:54:02 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
On the other hand, we got rainbow unicorns now which are just objectively delightful.  I hope Galarian Rapidash turns out to be an alicorn.

How much you bet G´Rapidash is a Fairy type, which is basically all needed to be useful since already have 105 speed base {if don´t change it} aka faster than most Dragons.

... Not into this, but a pegasus would be kinda neat.
#233  October 05, 2019, 06:57:10 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
From the looks of it, it's going to be a Fairy-type most definitely, but I wonder if they'll keep the Fire-typing or either straight up remove it, or replace it with some other typing. I'd say they'll remove it, but I'll wait and see.

Nice to see the Ponyta line be appreciated, hopefully they'll make a new Galarian evolution for the line as well.
This is a generic forum signature.
#234  October 05, 2019, 07:00:59 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/

wow gotta hand it to ya, i didnt think anyone would find a way to complain about this, but you did

Even Joe, the huge Gamefreak shill that he is, was complaining about this pointless livestream. I'm not some unique individual who's the only person in the world who found this stupid. The stream itself had more than 12000 dislikes back when I checked during the stream.
#235  October 05, 2019, 07:15:36 pm
    • Brazil

Maybe some things have good reasons to be complained about. A 24h stream and all we got was a Galarian form, even though there was potential for several other reveals in such a long time. Nice concept, shit execution.
#236  October 05, 2019, 08:09:01 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Honestly, i can see where Mgbenz is coming from.

On the one hand, its a interesting way for a reveal(which follows the Sirfetched reveal) and kudos of GF of trying to jazz up their reveals this time.
On the other hand, it was around 23 hours of fucking Nothing

If they really wanted to make it interesting, they would of added some more Pokemon, maybe some battles etc.
Instead we got a 24 hour screensaver with only 1 thing of note.

Shoutout to the people who actually made it through 24 hours though. I barely made it past 20 mins
#237  October 05, 2019, 08:26:10 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
From the looks of it, it's going to be a Fairy-type most definitely, but I wonder if they'll keep the Fire-typing or either straight up remove it, or replace it with some other typing. I'd say they'll remove it, but I'll wait and see.

I hope they keep it, Fire/Fairy, you know, to get rid of Steel-types.
The only problem is the stats, 100 Atk vs 80 S.ATK, and theres not a powerful physical Fairy-Type move outside of "Play Rough" which is just base 90.
#238  October 05, 2019, 08:37:56 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
They'll probably buff it like they did the Alolan forms(iirc didnt Ponyta get buffed in Lets Go?)
#239  October 05, 2019, 09:54:47 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
#240  October 06, 2019, 12:03:22 am
    • USA
Oh darn, I wanted to throw my two cents on how stupid the stream ended up being but we've already got it covered.

If anything my first thought on the new Ponyta was less MLP and more the rainbow diamond horse from Borderlands.  But pick your poison, either or it's nice for something new for the pokemon.  The rainbow thing turning on and off however immediately gave me Typhlosion flashbacks to how piss-poor its transition to 3D completely neutered its cool look by removing its flame collar except when attacking.  Hopefully they keep the horse lit up in battle, we've already seen coloration and lighting differences between wild pokemon/pokemon-amie and their battle forms with the likes of Xerneas.

Also I don't know about you guys but leaving that stream running up in the background of doing other things, the music to that forest sounded much like the opening to FF VII, but only, like, the first minute and a half of it prior to the trumpets coming in.

Kept instinctively expecting footsteps somewhere in the stream when the music looped.
Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 12:12:31 am by Long John Killer