YesNoOk

Akito CVS (choose the better history)! (Read 2628 times)

Started by Akito, June 06, 2018, 09:53:41 am
Share this topic:

Poll

History 1 or 2?

First is better.
2 (33.3%)
Second is better.
4 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 16, 2018, 09:53:40 am

Akito CVS (choose the better history)!
#1  June 06, 2018, 09:53:41 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
===> About Akito:

"So who is Akito?"

Akito is a character I created in an RPG game, and now, I had the idea of ​​passing it to Mugen, in a small personal project called Dragon Scroll. I had to adapt his story, but in short, he is a martial arts fighter who stands behind the sacred scroll that was stolen from the temple where he trains. This is the basic story, but I ended up creating another one which I think is better, so I opened a poll for you to give me your opinion.

"This Akito look, where did you get it from?"

The sprites I used the char "Ortsac", created by charmaker Ariel Castro (ArielAlexCo). This char is very good, but unfortunately the creator did not give continuity to it, and since I really like it and Akito itself has the same basic appearance, I decided to use his sprites, giving him the credits for the great editing work.

"And Kung Fu Man, what's the point of all this?"

I'm a beginner charmaker, I'm still learning how to program chars. So I used Divinewolf's Kung Fu Man, using it as a template to understand programming mechanics. This helped me a lot, and as a way to honor the standard character of the engine I've been using for so long, I decided to put it in Akito's story. It was a homage I did to Kung Fu Man.

"Right, and is he really Akito's master?"

No, that's why I put him as his "temporary" disciple. Akito already has a master, but in history, as he knows that Kung Fu Man is a veteran within the Mugen tournament, he goes after him to teach his techniques. It is for this reason that Akito has strokes and techniques of the same name, as he decided to fight in the same style as Kung Fu Man to improve his performance.

"And King Fu Girl, is she in Akito's story?"

Yes, and she helps Kung Fu Man in training Akito, eventually becoming his friend in the process.

"And the Suave Dude?"

He is also, of course, and technically Suave Dude would be the boss of the game. However, there was never actually a character of the Suave Dude with a more serious appearance, so I leave it only in the story, but without appearing. And if it were to appear, I would retain something of its original appearance, but it would change its look. It would have been a little "tacky" for him to wear the same look for so long, in my opinion, and so I would make him a char who would use more physical scams, but also using his revolver, and of course, his sunglasses (if I take this away he would not be the Suave Dude).

PS: When Elecbyte released the only existing Suave Dude sprite, it seemed to be a low-class villain, but in the history of my project, it would be a lot bigger (so there would be a need to upgrade your look) . Mugen started with the story of Kung Fu Man who has to go to a temple behind the Suave Dude who kidnapped his girlfriend. Right, and within that you can put any character inside your game, and until you reach the end, Kung Fu Man can face the most varied types of characters, games, different universes. So the idea here is that Suave Dude to do this, has something where you can "bring" these opponents to our reality, and thus, give existence to Mugen. In my story he can do this with the help of a domains crystal, opening doors to other dimensions and giving diversity of competitors within the tournament.

===> About Dragon Scroll:

- What is this, a project?

Yes and no. Dragon Scroll is the story of Akito, adapted for Mugen. I think of making Akito and some characters in the plot, like his rival and his true master. Nothing too big, just to fit them into any full POTS style game. So I will not screenpack for this, only characters with Intros and Endings to explain the story of each one inside Mugen.

- And these characters, will you schedule all of them?

I'll just do edits, get opensource chars and edit them to fit what I want.

- Do you already have any characters in view to edit?

Yes, Eliza edited by Silent Ripper and programmed by Divinewolf. If there is no basis on which she really fights, this was just an idea created apart. That one fit one of the characters in the plot, that's when I decided to use it. But I do not know if I'm going to make it public, maybe I'll just make a swap-pallet, because the Eliza's character itself is already perfect for what I want. Maybe add some chain-combos, anyway, but maybe they are not so relevant things to be worthy of me releasing and saying that she is another character.

PS: I very much respect the work done by Silent Ripper on top of the char, but honestly in my opinion, nothing that was done for her actually stayed with the character. In one of the winquotes, she says she learned to fight that way just watching everything on television, and like, I think she struggles that way with such improved techniques with the postures of an experienced martial artist, is not consistent. If it were me, I would put her to fight more like Ken, yes, it would be more plausible, precisely because she was his wife. But I repeat, this is just my opinion, anyway Eliza is a great char.

---

===> About the story:

So now comes the biggest doubt. I think it's cool but, Kung Fu Man itself has a more "comic" context, and what I'm trying to do is give more seriousness to the context of Kung Fu Man and C & A. I will post here the summary of the two stories, the first gives more focus to the Kung Fu Man and its story, the second, it appears but without many details, giving more emphasis to the universe of Capcom and SNK itself. The poll is only to decide in your opinion what would be the best, so here is the summary of the two:

First Story- Focusing on Kung Fu Man context:

Akito Kojiro is a martial arts fighter who seeks to find Reika Taishou, the killer hired to steal a sacred scroll saved by his master, Hayato Natsumoto. The parchment contains the soul of an ancient dragon, giving its user incredible powers that can become destructible depending on the person using it.

Before such a thing happens, Akito goes in search of Reika, who almost killed his Master to be able to take possession of the parchment, investigating, until receiving call from it on his cell phone. "Enter the Mugen tournament, and if I win, I'll give you the scroll back," this is what she said and hung up, with Akito not getting any more information after that.

Without options, Akito decides to enter the tournament Mugen to be able to recover the sacred parchment. As Hayato is hospitalized, I designate his disciple to train with a fighter known as "Kung Fu Man", veteran of this same tournament. Akito ends up acquiring some of his techniques, perfecting his style to face the opponents, and thus, to strive to win the tournament.

Second Story - Focusing in CVS context:

PS: This story is more complete, the Intro and Ending text is done:

# INTRO:
Akito is a martial arts fighter who joined Mugen in order to recover the sacred scroll that was stolen from his dojo. However, he does not think he has the ability to face a tournament like this, so he went after Kung Fu Man to help him acquire new techniques, and so he started to fight in style to improve his performance.

The parchment actually has a powerful dragon that is sealed inside it, being dangerous if it falls into the hands of someone evil. The suspicion is that this has already happened, so Akito has to race against time to find who has the parchment in order to recover it.

The only information is that there is a great possibility that the person with the scroll is one of the tournament participants, and infiltrating it, Akito is more likely to succeed in his goal.

# ENDING:

After winning the tournament, Akito returned to the temple and returned the scroll to his master, but he did not feel well. It was as if something was missing, he actually after all that was confused.

Some time passed, and once again the parchment was stolen. Only now, the one responsible for this was none other than Akito. Yes, he got hold of the parchment and left a note to his master, saying he had done it because the parchment was his right, and now it was clear that the dragon had seized his body.

Akito was no longer the same, for now his actions were totally turned to ambition, in search of power. It was not possible to know what would happen after that, because the dragon molded itself to the dark side that Akito always kept within itself. The end, in fact, was just the beginning of everything.

."From hero to villain." End of Act I.

PS: I'm doing a "Boss" version of Akito, which would be it after that end. I will not add too many details to this initial char, because the Boss version is where it will have more variation of things.

PS: There's not much difference, however, the second story leaves Kung Fu Man just as Akito's motive has techniques just like his, that's all. In the second story I took the character Reika (I do not know if I'm going to put it because it would extend the project a lot), maybe, just add it as a helper of some of the chars, and I also took the detail of who is the true master of Akito, not putting his name. Thus, the story is open to further details added later, giving the player the freedom to deduce what is missing from the story itself, at their discretion. And in this new story, the boss is Asura (Rugal + Gouki) char, excluding Suave Dude (I'll not make the Suave Dude in none of two history versions). =P

I'll put the link here of the beta of Evil Akito char (90% complete). Every martial artist who focuses a lot on being stronger, may end up going to the dark side, like Ryu, for example. Soon I put here the Intro and Ending of the Evil version, there I update the post.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0ib6uji7jxin37/Evil%20Akito_CVS%2006-06-2018.rar (all feedbacks are welcome)

I'll post here the all progress of Akito char here.
For now, I just wanted you to give opinions and ideas, thanks for your attention!
Sorry for my bad english, I'm using translator for this.
Re: Akito CVS (choose the better history)!
New #2  June 21, 2018, 12:06:26 pm
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
Okay guys, the second story wins, and, I added more details:

[_ Dragon Scroll - Akito's profile _]
"You want fight with me?"

Name: Akito Kojiro
Nickname: "The Elegant Dragon"
Height: 1.85
Weight: 90 kg
Personality: Serious
Temperament: Calm
Style: Elegant
Nacionality: Japanese
Job: Waiter
Favorite color: Blue
Deslikes: Drunk people.
Hobby: Train, play saxofone and write stories.
Favorite food: It has varied tastes, but its favorites are those that have strong seasonings.
Forte in sports: Soccer
Favorite music: Jazz and Rock
Fighting Style: Ryu no Seirei (original style)

Biografy:

Akito is a 30-year-old man who works as a waiter, but trains martial arts in his spare time. He intends to become a master, and thus, to make a dojo for himself in the future. He is a calm, centered person who seeks to follow a philosophy of inner and outer balance, and because of this he thinks that drinks and cigarettes are not something to be credited for his personal growth. He has had many problems in the past, and because of that he has a serious personality most of the time, but he is very polite (especially with women).

Powers:

Sense - can sense people nearby through their ki.
Energy Attacks - can infuse his attacks with ki energy.

Skills:

Musical Instrument - Akito plays saxophone very well, usually plays when he is alone to calm his moods.
Sports - Akito likes to play soccer, although he does not have much time to do it.
Write Stories - Since child Akito writes stories, using it as a hobby. If he does not succeed as a fighter, he wants to become a writer in future.
Fighting Style - Ryu no Seirei, or "Spirit of Dragon" is a style created by Akito's master, that unites karate and kung fu in a unique style.

Act I: Capcom vs Snk- Mugen Edition

After stealing a sacred parchment from Akito's master dojo, he enters a martial arts tournament for recover it, created by the companies of Ken Masters and Robert Garcia, the "Capcom vs. SNK-Mugen Edition". This year, the tournament had something that brought competitors of other dimensions, being bigger than the previous editions.
   However, he does not think he has the ability to face a tournament like this, so he went after Kung Fu Man to help him acquire new techniques, and so he started to fight in style to improve his performance.
   Now, the only information is that there is a great possibility that the person with the scroll is one of the tournament participants, and infiltrating it, Akito is more likely to succeed in his goal. The scroll actually has a powerful dragon that is sealed inside it, being dangerous if it falls into the hands of someone evil. Maybe is that this has already happened, so Akito has to race against time to find who has the parchment in order to recover it.

EDIT: Just to explain one thing: Ortsac is a work done originally by ArielAlexCo, being a char that I always liked to have in my Mugen. I did Akito as a way to honor that work, and also, because this character came out in a RPG game I created, and the looks of Akito and Ortsac are very similar, so I used his sprites to produce this character for or Mugen.

PS: As far as I knew, Ortsac was going to be made for a full game project created by ArielAlexCo. He would be a sub-boss, or something close to that. But the information about this project went public before the creator officially released, so Ortsac was left without a "Place" to exist. Then it ended up being released, alone, and it has been around for 5 years that there is no news of ArielAlexCo, nor of whether it will continue to update Ortsac or not. Considering this, I have not seen any problem in doing a char using their sprites, since Ortsac's "presence" is only kept in the past, maintaining respect for the original sprites creator, because it's a great job.

PS: The idea of history is this:

Options:

It's my personal screenpack project, for Mugen 1.1 (thanks OldGamer)!
I'll release soon in my site, thanks for all are voted in this poll.
Osu! =)
Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 07:14:23 am by Akito