YesNoOk

Axel Stone (Streets of Rage) (Read 168634 times)

Started by Sean Altly, February 22, 2012, 07:50:45 am
Share this topic:
Re: Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
#21  February 23, 2012, 07:21:48 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Hmm how about adding that SoR1 special where the police car comes out and launches rockets and making it like his highest level super? He looks great btw ;)

That's what Calling All Cars is:

-Calling All Cars - D,DB,B,S
    Axel receives help from his police friends, who fire a rocket launcher towards his enemy that creates a huge explosion. This is based on the Special move from SoR1.

Download Last Bout now!
#22  February 23, 2012, 09:39:06 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
That's great work, Mr. Altly!

Are you deriving his normals from all three versions of him?
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#23  February 23, 2012, 01:48:33 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Ah I see, are you going to give him any team attacks? Kinda like Captain Storm where the rest of his friends would jump in for a brief moment to assist with one big move. If you ever did weapons, I guess the best way would be the way Haggar from MVC3 uses them, where they're just part of his combos *actually if memory serves correctly I think Buckus had some moves like that for his.
#24  February 23, 2012, 05:09:05 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Awesome project!!
I love this design

For the special moves, I suggest:
-Weapon slash (katana or pipe??)
-Rush double kick (kind of huricane kick)

Also, how will be the throw system? Some SOR only mechanics or regular?

Keep up the good work.
#25  February 23, 2012, 10:46:28 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated the move list in the first post. It may change further, getting some good suggestions from you guys and I'm also waiting to see what MDD's full move list looks like.

Download Last Bout now!
#26  February 24, 2012, 12:19:25 am
Hmm how about adding that SoR1 special where the police car comes out and launches rockets and making it like his highest level super? He looks great btw ;)

I completely agree on this, police backup MUST BE a level 3 Hyper...
\\\" It`s so easy to rewrite history when the few that know the truth are made unable to speak for themselves\\\"
Alexander, the last scenario...
#27  February 24, 2012, 12:42:56 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
looks great man. can't wait to see more
#28  February 24, 2012, 02:17:23 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA

I completely agree on this, police backup MUST BE a level 3 Hyper...

Yeah I know, it's been on the movelist from the beginning. I recently switched its positioning with Grand Hook, but it's always been there. Trust me, no one has to convince me of this one, it's definitely happening.

Download Last Bout now!
#29  February 24, 2012, 02:18:59 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I don't know how you do it but yer spritework is great.  ;D
#30  February 24, 2012, 02:19:53 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Thanks man, your edits are good too. Looking forward to those Ermac sprites.

Download Last Bout now!
#31  February 24, 2012, 02:25:39 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Will he have that flip over move? *basically like Fei-Longs command grab* I remember in SoR2 you grabbed an opponent and pressed jump to get behind them...maybe something like that which can be a command grab that leads into other grabs.
#32  February 24, 2012, 02:26:04 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
yeah I sent you the a look at his first gethits. Ermac is coming along slowly but surely. but anyway yer skills are damn good. Mr.X was badass and so was Sub-Zero so I have no doubt that Axel will be awesome.

MDD

#33  February 24, 2012, 03:14:39 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Here's what I came up with so far. Not what I originally had in mind with my "dream movelist", but that was a while back and I can't remember everything. Also, I changed some of the stuff you had around. Don't be mad. :P

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

As you can see, I added some stuff from some of the enemies/bosses in as well. Give me some critique on this, as I would LOVE to add/modify/replace some moves, since this wasn't that well thought out as I hoped it would be.

Also, yes, I named some of the moves on the track names. I hope you do the same. :P
#34  February 24, 2012, 03:23:21 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, I like all that. The only thing I'm iffy about is the counter special. I know it's different than a command grab, which is good since I've been overusing those, but I also worry if having Geese-like counters would really fit into his gameplay. I also feel like I overuse the counters as well, i.e. CM Punk and a bunch of SHADEs characters (Fray, Moses Maddigan, EX Snow, Laurel, etc.). Otherwise I dig that moveset, and I like the move names better than mine. :D

Download Last Bout now!
#35  February 24, 2012, 07:19:07 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I'm going to assume EX moves probably aren't a concern right now, which makes sense since you're still laying out all the plans for him, and MDD's suggestions are all quite good :)

MDD

#36  February 24, 2012, 07:48:45 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Thanks. I was trying to fit as much SOR stuff as I could, but ultimately what I had in mind is it's really similar to your movelist.

Yeah, the counter move was really a midst of the moment attempt to give him a custom move. I have a few more ideas that could replace it, two of which involve the not-yet-used knife. Let me refine those more and i'll post them. Same with the unique tactic idea. I also have some intro/winpose ideas if you want them.

Also, I still think Break should be an EX mode for him. :P
#37  February 24, 2012, 01:13:06 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'm not digging this counter move too much honestly. But :
Will he have that flip over move? *basically like Fei-Longs command grab* I remember in SoR2 you grabbed an opponent and pressed jump to get behind them...maybe something like that which can be a command grab that leads into other grabs.
This is a nice idea. Think Yang/Yun in SF3, with a grab then flip over the opponent, leaving you time to then connect a combo.

Also, have you planned some team attack or combo grabs between Axel and Blaze when doing some Team Co-Op ?

#38  February 24, 2012, 03:03:09 pm
I say, just give him the counter. It shouldn't be overpowered for his gameplay style, (strong aggressive physical attacks,) so long as they aren't too overpowered. Have the counters only be active for a split-second, ala Rock from Garou. This way, you have to use the counter at a near-exact time of the attack, and then you have to use the right counter for the right move. It really just serves to give Axel a bit more protection, which would help, given that the majority of his gameplay isn't defensive at all.
#39  February 24, 2012, 03:05:06 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
talking about flipping move, would the flipping over > suplex combo be avaliable?
#40  February 25, 2012, 10:32:51 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
talking about flipping move, would the flipping over > suplex combo be avaliable?

+1 :)

I was talking of some "special" throw mechanics
It could be good to give Axel and Blaze special mechanics from SOR games.

Back grab thows can be a great idea!

And why not a super move with P1 holding enemy and P3 giving a huge combo. >:D
The kind of super Sakura uses in Rival School (I'm not sure...)