YesNoOk

CVTW2 Ryu 24 December 2017 update (Read 465492 times)

Started by Memo, March 01, 2017, 07:52:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: CVTW2 Ryu 29april2017 update
#101  May 01, 2017, 07:06:40 am
Dudes... understand, please... understand the reason why i am saying these... "CVTW2"?

THE FIRST IS NOT EVEN FINISHED! :(

I believe Sean Altly is done with CVTW unless he randomly feels like adding anything else to it it's basically done.
Also what you're saying is coming out of nowhere
Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:07:34 am by Memes never die
#102  May 01, 2017, 07:10:19 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Dudes... understand, please... understand the reason why i am saying these... "CVTW2"?

Ok, that's kinda rude. Memo named the game like this for reasons, reasons you can ask him yourself in a polite pm. Besides, he got Sean Alty's blessing to make the sequel, meaning maybe one day he'll come back to finish it. Who knows?

lui

#103  May 01, 2017, 07:57:47 am
    • USA

its as finished as it needs to be. sean's done with mugen for now and he already gave memo the permission to make a 2. its quite rude to be like this
#104  May 01, 2017, 08:06:15 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

I had nothing to do with the first one, it still needs chars sprited
And I'm not sure what Sean had planned for the final boss so
I cant help there. 

It was the first mugen project that got me interested in coding
Chars so I have a love for it and decided to make a sequel.

You've jumped projects before without finishing previous stuff
Chill out and enjoy the chars, ill finish this one.
#105  May 09, 2017, 01:47:03 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Check this out, I was messing around with the
Ink fxs coded as helpers instead of explode.
What you think, do they look better?

Tatsumaki is still work in progress
#106  May 10, 2017, 04:10:22 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Tatsumaki Ink FX
#107  May 10, 2017, 05:07:02 am
Man its so cool you guys on 1.0 got reshade working with it, I knew it was possible, but peeps told me back then, that mugen 1.0 uses directX5, later I learned about the openGLscreen thing, anywho.

Ryu looks great man, watching your videos I figured out a couple of combos and he plays dope as hell, good shit.
Tatsu ink effect still needs some tweaking though, maybe lower the opacity ? dunno, its looks good, just need to tweak it a bit.
Or dunno if this is possible make the effect go behind ryu as he spins ?

one more thing, the ink effects themselves need more detail or depth.
Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 05:19:21 am by PeXXeR
#108  May 10, 2017, 05:18:21 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Man its so cool you guys on 1.0 got reshade working with it, I knew it was possible, but peeps told me back then, that mugen 1.0 uses directX5, later I learned about the openGLscreen thing, anywho.

Ryu looks great man, watching your videos I figured out a couple of combos and he plays dope as hell, good shit.
Tatsu ink effect still needs some tweaking though, maybe lower the opacity ? dunno, its looks good, just need to tweak it a bit.
Or dunno if this is possible make the effect go behind ryu as he spins ?

That first combo ryu does after the tatsumakis I just added, I discovered it in sfv lastnight.
I'm thinking of putting some of the ink behinds ryu to make it look more full like he's in it lol.
Yea man he has a lot of combo potential, he feels like he's ready for any situation he's got something.
Thanks for the feedback.

After a couple tweaks to his gameplay, some tweaks being done to the damage dampener
And FX  shit I should have the new update up then I'm going to redo sagats ink fxs and code them
As helpers, some balance updates and he's next. Shimos almost ready for a new beta with all
Her attacks, and she needs ink fxs I'm on it got sfv playing and taking im screenshots of
Ink fxs I like so I can use them for her.
#109  May 10, 2017, 07:49:59 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
random pics of Ryu and changes I made to his tatsu ink fx.
I cut the sprites in half so they appear in front and back
as if ryus in the middle.

And hitsparks for projectiles

Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:02:10 am by Memo
#110  May 10, 2017, 05:56:08 pm
Fire.
#111  May 28, 2017, 10:07:21 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Hey Memo, has Ryu been updated with these new effects? Also wanted to point out that your characters start moving around before the round starts. Is this something you implemented or is it something that my add004 patch is messing up?
#112  May 28, 2017, 10:35:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Hey Memo, has Ryu been updated with these new effects? Also wanted to point out that your characters start moving around before the round starts. Is this something you implemented or is it something that my add004 patch is messing up?

I plan on releasing the new update sometime today, he's supposed to walk
During that state like mvc2 ill post instructions on how to disable it incase
You want to disable it, its not complicated just some code to delete in statedef -2
#113  May 28, 2017, 11:14:49 am
  • The other Indian
    • India
Yea bro. Would like to delete it, you know to keep stuff uniform with my current set up. Do share the code i gotta delete.
#114  May 28, 2017, 11:56:59 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Yea bro. Would like to delete it, you know to keep stuff uniform with my current set up. Do share the code i gotta delete.

open SYSTEM.st and in the statedef-2 section on the bottom youll see

Code:
[State -2, Remember the last Position (X)]
type = VarSet
triggerall = RoundState < 2
trigger1 = stateno = [0, 21] ;Enable after Intro
fvar(3) = Pos X
[State -2, Set the actual Position when match begins]
type = PosSet
trigger1 = RoundState = 2
trigger1 = fvar(3) != 0
trigger1 = prevstateno != [191, 192]
x = fvar(3)
[State -2, Reset PlaceHolder Var]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = RoundState = 2
fvar(3) = 0
[State -2, Pre-walking state]
type = ChangeState   <THIS RIGHT HERE CHANGE TO null;ChangeState, OR DELETE ALL THIS STUFF IM SHOWING
;triggerall = !var(59)
trigger1 = prevstateno = [9889, 9890] ;Enable after Intro
trigger2 = RoundNo != 1              ;Enable If Round Number is > 1
trigger2 = RoundState = 1           ;RoundState < 2 and
trigger2 = stateno = 0              ;Current state is 0
value = 21
ctrl = 0
Re: CVTW2 Ryu 28may2017 update
#115  May 28, 2017, 08:38:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Ryus new update is up for download.

Ink effects are now coded as helpers so the can um.. grow n shit I guess have more life to them.
New sparks added for projectiles, edited version of my released vs style sparks.

new command normal, I changed the command for his standing close medium punch(uppercut)
to Hold back medium punch.

Solar Plexus Strike can combo into medium punch like in SF5 so you can cancel it into his
Jodan combos.

And some other stuff I forgot since I'm terrible of making notes of my updates

check the vid to peek the nw FXs and combo in ryu

#116  May 31, 2017, 01:19:31 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
You guys like the ink FXs coded has helpers? And what about the tatsu EX ink?
Drop me some feedback I forgot to mention the focus attack
And minds eye parry has new FX too.

ROS

#117  May 31, 2017, 07:14:26 am
  • Mind's Eye gets rid of multi-hit projectiles after the first parry instead of having to parry the rest of the fireball.
  • You also can't parry multihit moves like f.HP or f.MP. Like after the first parry, you are in a set recovery and cannot parry the next hit. I'd lower the amount of recovery after a successful parry from 13 frames to something smaller like 4 frames. Maybe even adjust the pausetime for the opponent aswell.
  • LP Shoryu doesn't have fall set aswell so the opponent just flips into recovery after hit.
  • Also can't seem to get both hits of EX Shoryu to hit after LK Tatsu, only the first hit
  • Hop Kick hits high and is invincible to all crouching moves (even cr.HP). Would change it to where the hurtbox is small like this and low profile moves whiff and not just have all moves in the crouching state whiff due to the NotHitBy. Hop Kick should also hit mid like the source.
Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 08:06:42 am by Filthy Casual
Re: CVTW2 Ryu 25June2017 update
#118  June 25, 2017, 10:41:04 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
  • Mind's Eye gets rid of multi-hit projectiles after the first parry instead of having to parry the rest of the fireball.
  • You also can't parry multihit moves like f.HP or f.MP. Like after the first parry, you are in a set recovery and cannot parry the next hit. I'd lower the amount of recovery after a successful parry from 13 frames to something smaller like 4 frames. Maybe even adjust the pausetime for the opponent aswell.
  • LP Shoryu doesn't have fall set aswell so the opponent just flips into recovery after hit.
  • Also can't seem to get both hits of EX Shoryu to hit after LK Tatsu, only the first hit
  • Hop Kick hits high and is invincible to all crouching moves (even cr.HP). Would change it to where the hurtbox is small like this and low profile moves whiff and not just have all moves in the crouching state whiff due to the NotHitBy. Hop Kick should also hit mid like the source.

I'm late to reply but lets get to it..

the minds eye multi hit projectile I'm gonna leave as is for now because it will require me
to recode those states and I'm not doing that anytime soon.

the parrys frame data is from SFV I'm not touching that but maybe I can make it faster
without compromising the animation timing.

LP shoryuken does not cause fall I posted that on the first page when he was released,
in fact sagats LP tiger upper cut, terrys LP burn knuckle and one of shimos light attacks
wont cause knockdown. 

you can now do EX hado into EX tatsu into EX shoryu but your enemy must be in the corner
and you can hit with both hits if timed correctly.

did some changes to senpuu kyakuu

Ryu got updated, its the most significant update he has had so far so go ahead and DL it.

biggest thing youll notice is fall down animations got fixed.
a pause screen got added, currently its just the CVTW2 logo but it will be a movelist in
the future.  JNP's command buffer system got added so his commands behave more
like a real fighting game lol no more bugs when you hope over your enemy and your
command is reversed like mugens default system does. A ton of little tweaks got done
to rebalance ryu, ground and hit velocitys got adjusted on a bunch of stuff. I wish I could
remember to keep logs of my changes for you guys to know whats up but I'm forgetful.

Enjoi and report bugs if found especially with the pause system, try to break it for me please
I want to be sure it works right.

AND if..you want to nominate him for cotm of June go ahead its whatever, honestly this
is the char that I would love to win with and since you nominate updated chars, heres ryu.

fuck I forgot to add JNP to the readme credits so ill post it here until the next update

;- CREDIT TO JNP FOR THE COMMAND BUFFER SYSTEM
;- CREDIT TO INK FOR HELPING ME FIX BUGS IN THE PAUSE STATEDEFS
#119  June 25, 2017, 05:47:37 pm
  • The other Indian
    • India
AND if..you want to nominate him for cotm of June go ahead its whatever, honestly this
is the char that I would love to win with and since you nominate updated chars, heres ryu.

You don't have to mention this. Those who like him will vote for him. You have my vote anyway. He plays real solid now and the tweaks made a big difference although I dunno why you reduced him in size cause hes now a midget compared to other cvs characters and increasing his y - constant misaligns his hadouken which is pretty agonizing.
#120  June 25, 2017, 05:52:10 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

You don't have to mention this. Those who like him will vote for him. You have my vote anyway. He plays real solid now and the tweaks made a big difference although I dunno why you reduced him in size cause hes now a midget compared to other cvs characters and increasing his y - constant misaligns his hadouken which is pretty agonizing.

Awe crap lol I changed his size for The game and forgot to revert it, ill fix it tonight