YesNoOk

Everything Anime and Manga Thread (Read 2434958 times)

Started by ( ゚ o゚) It's Urza!, August 27, 2007, 02:30:58 am
Share this topic:
Re: Everything Anime and Manga Thread
#11721  May 24, 2017, 06:13:29 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
eren , armin and mikasa
#11722  May 24, 2017, 10:46:47 pm
I don't get it, apart from the muv luv connection. That ones too deep for me.

Been reading some Goodnight Pun Pun and I'm not exactly sure I love it so far , but wallowing in the despair, depression and confusion of others is always delightful. Hope life sucks a little less for our poorly dawn teenage protagonist, though. Only six (or three combined paperback) volumes in and i'm into it better than some of Asano Inio's other stuff.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-22/atto-non-non-biyori-manga-gets-new-anime-project/.116452

Also new Non Non Biyori project. Neat.

#11723  May 24, 2017, 11:59:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yeah, it took em a while to connect the characters, someone was talkign about mikasa and armin being too attached to eren ina  plot broken way, that's what got me thinking more aobut the individual characters, thenlaughing at armin actually being the normal/lame childhood friend with mikasa being teh cool one that storms into eren's life. armin's sex change is kind of fun and having mikasa be "special" just like her muvluv girl also helped.
#11724  May 28, 2017, 07:03:36 pm
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Anyone see Boruto: Next Generations Episode 8 this week? Boruto you don't have the Byukugan it's the Tenseigan, but he wouldn't know that. Also TONERI giving to Boruto it seems he gave him his one eyed Tenseigan to repay all the sins he did to give to Naruto/Hinata kid. Don't know how he did it, maybe he put a little bit of his Chakra inside Hinata before the Last Naruto film or what. Also Hyūga clan has turned soft just kidding nice to see Hinata be a great Grandfather I thought for sure he would hate his Grandkids a little bit, because they are half breeds. Hiashi Hyūga vs Boruto Uzumaki is going down next week!
#11725  May 29, 2017, 03:03:39 pm
Recreators has been great for the past few weeks. As much as I can appreciate the amount of care that went into making MC's reaction to the truth a bit more nuanced, I really just want them to give an on-screen confirmation of what happened and let the story move forward. The hesitation is starting to get to me.

Horny Dragon Girl is no more. That doesn't hurt as much because muh boi is back! Can't wait to see how things turn out now that the mismatched duo is reunited (hopefully after they visit a barber because I'm not feeling the tumorous growths on his head that he calls hair).
#11726  May 30, 2017, 07:29:55 pm
hunter x hunter is coming back on june 26
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-05-30/hunter-x-hunter-manga-resumes-on-june-26/.116676
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#11727  May 30, 2017, 09:13:36 pm
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Yeah I heard the news on Hunter X Hunter the other day.  Great to hear it, love the franchise, wonder how many chapters will we get this time around?

I mean I love the Manga, but the Anime is where it's at and hurts my heart not seeing any new Episodes that we are really thirsty for right now.
#11728  May 30, 2017, 09:23:31 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Yeah I heard the news on Hunter X Hunter the other day.  Great to hear it, love the franchise, wonder how many chapters will we get this time around?

The answer to that is typically "however many it takes to fill up another tankōbon"

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#11729  May 30, 2017, 09:28:45 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Yeah I heard the news on Hunter X Hunter the other day.  Great to hear it, love the franchise, wonder how many chapters will we get this time around
Half a dozen if we're lucky, a dozen in the absolute best case scenario.

Hiatus x Hiatus

(Postin' this just to quote it when the manga inevitably goes on hiatus again)

#11730  May 30, 2017, 09:46:04 pm
I mean I love the Manga, but the Anime is where it's at and hurts my heart not seeing any new Episodes that we are really thirsty for right now.
at this pace? it's probably gonna take atleast 10 years worth of material to make a second season.
#11731  May 30, 2017, 11:49:16 pm
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
at this pace? it's probably gonna take atleast 10 years worth of material to make a second season.

Lol I'm nearly 30 now and I might be 50 by the time the series get finished up. It's sad to see because the Staff who does the Animation for the show is just wonderful. You see how great their team was the  Chimera Ant started man those fights and battles were amazing to look at especially towards the end.
#11732  May 31, 2017, 04:04:23 pm
would love it , if togashi just go full on novel on hxh and hire some illustrator instead. tbh togashi's drawing skill isn't that good anyway. that way he could save alot of time and just focus on the story.
#11733  June 01, 2017, 03:54:08 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
would love it , if togashi just go full on novel on hxh and hire some illustrator instead. tbh togashi's drawing skill isn't that good anyway. that way he could save alot of time and just focus on the story.

Yeah he has to do something and trust people, because this franchise is too damn good just to give us new stuff here and there. Now I know he's had problems with his back I think right? If their was any reason to start trusting people, relief that stress do it now when Anime is very popular these days. I think Hunter X Hunter can change the game when it comes in Anime.
#11734  June 01, 2017, 04:02:03 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Togashi's psyche is as fucked as his back. He probably suffers from writer's block when he can't draw.
#11735  June 01, 2017, 07:01:00 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
there's also the problem of haivng to split his payment by  half if he gets an associate.
#11736  June 01, 2017, 08:19:43 pm
not necessarily, artists are struggling to find work there. im sure they can find someone who'd be fine with getting a monthly salary or something.
as for togashi, i don't think he has any back problems at all. he's just a lazy douchebag. if he did have back problems he would've treated them right away, dude is rich.
also, he was witnessed in conventions promoting his doujinshi somewhere between 2008 and 2009, so yeah if you have time to write and draw a doujinshi and get yourself to convention to sell it then i have a hard time believing you have health issues that can't let you even leave your bed.

#11737  June 01, 2017, 08:31:01 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I think every successful mangaka has a point where they decide whether the workload is worth it

For guys like Oda, they can handle it with maybe one or two vacations a year

Guys like Togashi, not so much, especially when you factor in his kids
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#11738  June 01, 2017, 09:29:22 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Doesn't he have like chronic back pain? If I had that I would do nothing but lounge around for the rest of my days. For that his work rate is totally understandable. Shitty, but understandable.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#11739  June 04, 2017, 01:45:36 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#11740  June 04, 2017, 05:20:19 am
no she isn't.