YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 391099 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#3901  April 11, 2017, 01:51:16 am
Oh, so it is mostly just the US then.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3902  April 11, 2017, 02:22:03 am
  • "blablabla dont deface profiles"
i remember him also cracking a joke about how black people can't be seen in the dark. i think he's a very insensitive person.
he also has a poor choice for nicknames, that scrotum one was super hilarious, wasn't it?
#3903  April 11, 2017, 02:46:14 am
  • Moderately Kawaii
    • Guatemala
As far as I ever saw, chimp is short for chimpanzee, and I genuinely don't know what you guys are saying it's a racist connotation for. I assume it's either for Black or Asian people, one or the other, but I honestly have never seen it used in that context, personally (TBF I don't hear people talk about chimpanzees every day either, and I also don't spend a lot of time listening to how racist people commonly talk, but you get my point). I didn't get what JZ was talking about the first time.
Blacks are compared to monkeys to signify they're savages. It's an old stereotype. It didn't click with me "chimping out" was about blacks because I've also heard the expression used when whites have meltdowns and assumed it was more universal, like "going bannanas", but I don't have a problem with not using it again.
#3904  April 11, 2017, 02:53:29 am
Yeah, I get that, it's just that I also never heard that particular expression being specific to Black people (or Asians, who have also had that racist comparison, because racism).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#3905  April 11, 2017, 03:18:44 am
As far as I ever saw, chimp is short for chimpanzee, and I genuinely don't know what you guys are saying it's a racist connotation for. I assume it's either for Black or Asian people, one or the other, but I honestly have never seen it used in that context, personally (TBF I don't hear people talk about chimpanzees every day either, and I also don't spend a lot of time listening to how racist people commonly talk, but you get my point). I didn't get what JZ was talking about the first time.
Blacks are compared to monkeys to signify they're savages. It's an old stereotype. It didn't click with me "chimping out" was about blacks because I've also heard the expression used when whites have meltdowns and assumed it was more universal, like "going bannanas", but I don't have a problem with not using it again.

I wasn't trying to hate on you or anything, don't know you enough to care, it's just an expression I've only seen in places like coontown or stormfront (and I feel shitty that I have seen anything from those places at all).
#3906  April 11, 2017, 11:51:25 am
  • caiu na rede, é peixe!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - adriano_gt2005@hotmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/mortalkombatmugenkommunity/
Even though I'm white, I've been called a monkey, for simply being Brazilian .... it's that the jungles of Brazil are full of monkeys.
In fact, people like that have no argument, and they seek any cursing to offend you