YesNoOk

FeLo's Horror Circus (Read 1072497 times)

Started by FeLo_Llop, March 22, 2009, 11:40:10 am
Re: FeLo's Horror Circus
#1241  February 28, 2017, 12:25:08 am
  • SNK is life
I did an edit
It's not exactly a vast improvement, as much as it is "a simplification". You even lost valuable detail in the chest that Felo had put in there (secondary lightsource) for volume :-/

#1242  March 04, 2017, 08:54:29 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Yooo!! Thanks for all the replies, guys! These will come in handy :D!

- Trololo: Thanks! but as Motoroach said, I still have a problem with faces.

- MotoRoach:
I erased all the quote because I'm easily distracted with letters and letters. My English is not the best around and I lose the focus so easily U_U.
· Karin's fix: Totally awesome. I love the colours you selected and the fixes you made. There's, however, something I made on purpose, and it's her smiling. Yours is serious(straight line in her mouth) while I put an above pixel in the end. Aside this, everything is wonderful in the fix you made.
· Detailing: Totally agree with you. Specially with Juli. She even seems to have testicles @_@!!
· Outlines: I though keeping the mid-knee mid tone colour just for the SFV(main), for showing like a leggin/stockings. I just did them in the main sprite, but  did not fixed it :/
· Colouring: I'm not too good choosing colours. I've always used brighter colours because I can't configurate my screen properly with this aspect, even having BIGGER contrast/lighting, I see it always darker. Either way, I'll try to keep this in mind for future sprites.
· Shading: That's mostly a problem with the main sprite. For Karin, I made a sprite which just wore shoes and a skirt, then added the jacket or the shirt with a layer above. Did not have this in mind. It feels like I rushed the sprite a bit.
· Faces: Totally right. I tend to make a last time change while spriting eyes. No matter how many times I see it OK, once I'm decided to make the FINAL one, I move one of the eyes at least one pixel. Best exemple of this is Juli's left eye. Totally out of place.

And of course, I take this as constructive critique, so don't worry! It's something I prefer to read/listen to, because I'm always open to learn from my mistakes. Lot of thanks to you. I'll consider these points for further works :).

- Balmsold: Awesome, specially the chosen colours. But I'm not too fond no taht face, it seems too childish for Juli and it somehow looks smaller than it should. GRASIAS WN QLIAO :D!!

- Walt: Best way to say it it's starting from the beginning :P!

- Paz Hatter: I didn'ttake his face in consideration at all. Wantedto go for something more serious, something like I imagine Mr.Karate should be. I feel I nailed a mixed Kazuya/Paul(Tekken2, before he became a GOOFY character), showing some strength in his eyes and mostly the lower half of his head. Aside this, what Walt said. Your fix, even it's good, loses some points of the sprite, from the muscle definition, to shadingin general. I'll post the base sprite once I can(maybe tomorrow).

Thanks for your time! Have a nice day!!

I swear there was something cool here!!
#1243  April 08, 2017, 02:20:39 am
Oh, gawd. Nearly a month D:!!

Well...pretty busy with the SF thing. Already finished SF1 within the card template, and every character coming from Alpha/Zero(except those from FF, SF2, SF3, etc that appears in SFZ), so I've got to get those inside the templates. Jesus.

Well, this is something I came up with, I always loved how magnificient Neotokyo's+Kiwi's take on Nina was, so this is my small and humble tribut for both them. The same pose(from TKN 4 artwork) with a small redesign. Mine is mostly based on Tekken 3's design(my MOST favourite design for Nina since...yes, since always!) and after a small CS...magic comes!! Not just her assassin's outfit from T3, T4 is possible, her secondary from T5(somehow) is possible and so, Blood Vengeance's too(tried secondary from T6 too, but it's terrible). So well, enough chit chat and here we go!!

Have a nice day!!
#1244  April 09, 2017, 05:05:11 pm
Damm...I wish I had enough time for developing a SF in this style...:/

Yep!! rough lines and finished sprite.

Have a nice day!!
#1245  April 09, 2017, 06:04:47 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
We'll settle for the single sprites, Felo.
#1246  April 12, 2017, 12:13:33 am
I'd like to contribute more than I'm contributing by the moment. I've got Ash stuck since...I can't even remember the last time I sprited something regarding him, what fills me with SHAAAAAAAME :/

-----------------

Well...let's do this!! I wanted to show these from the last week, but I could not because of X reasons :/. Wanted to update this topic with...my single sprites thing, Ages of Street Fighter.

So, let's start from the very begining of the legend.  Here's the explanation. Aside putting each character with a canon outift(forget about Alt/Halloween/etc costumes. As canon I mean main outfits AND story mode clothes only). Also, alphabetical and chronollogical order. And yes, just for nostalgia, added as background one of the stages they had at some point. And of course, my name on it too.

Street Fighter 1

- Adon

- Birdie

- Eagle

- Geki

- Gen

- Joe

- Ken

- Lee

- Mike

- Retsu

- Ryu

- Sagat

So...SF1 is COMPLETE!! This said, HAVE A NICE DAY!!!
#1247  April 12, 2017, 12:26:12 am
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Great job Felo!
#1248  April 12, 2017, 09:00:28 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Wow FeLo those are total boss :) !
#1249  April 12, 2017, 09:02:05 pm
This is what the street fighter 2 remix should have looked like.
#1250  April 15, 2017, 01:47:25 pm
Thanks, gentlemen!! SFZ people are finished, just have to find  a short time to put them in the cards!!

Also, made this in the meantime because...yep...because I wanted to see an improved version of my first sprite in this style:

OLD--->NEW

I'm pretty happy with the muscle definition and work, but still there's something that bugs me. Dunno what it is. Also:

Have a nice day!!
#1251  April 15, 2017, 11:20:52 pm
  • Dark Templar
For the first sprite I like more the face of the old one
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#1252  May 21, 2017, 12:59:10 pm
Raven!! It's been time...how have u been? About your reply, I thought exactly the same, but the first face looks more agressive, kinda like a Shadowlaw DOLL, which is mostly pissed off. Dunno. I do like more leg definition of the first, too.

Well...it's been a strange month for me. Had to take a harsh decission with my life and that mostly got me away of spriting, since I was more focused in other stuff.

Now that I'm half centered, started to take it again. Went with a small but detailed sprite, Viewtiful Joe. I may be retaking it again as a wip in a short-mid future, since Beximus' magnificient rips easies things A LOT. Of course, it's reduced to create a layer above a screen capture and then, go for a simple line-bland colour thing. I then open MSPaint and do magic. As I don't like how Joe's head is reduced in MvC3, I separated it and made it a bit bigger(guess it was like 1'3 it's size). Enough chit chat:

Tried to make it as clear as I could. I'm looking for old sprites of him in a USB I found, so don't discard I re-use stuff.

Have a nice day!!

PS: as always, C&C are welcome!!

EDIT: Of course, I took as reference Steamboy's Viewtiful Joe's head. I found it more comic than his MvC3 appearance, more i line with his in-origin game :D.
If this goes further for a WIP, who may be interested in the code?
Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 01:04:03 pm by FeLo_Llop
#1253  May 21, 2017, 01:30:34 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
EDIT: Of course, I took as reference Steamboy's Viewtiful Joe's head. I found it more comic than his MvC3 appearance, more i line with his in-origin game :D.
If this goes further for a WIP, who may be interested in the code?
I offer volunteer! I also wanted to work on Viewtiful Joe. :D

But not immediately.

I guess you'll need some time to make more Viewtiful Joe's sprites.

I still have several wips to finish.
#1254  May 21, 2017, 06:36:42 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Hey, I could help with codings also! Viewtiful Joe is insanely fun for me to play in TvC :D

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#1255  May 27, 2017, 01:30:30 am
Cool!!

Well, for Viewtiful Joe, I imagined something between his in-game appararance and PotS style, since it's VERY dynamic. Had been making screen captures from stuff that does appear in his games BUT not in MvC3. Maybe I'll be adding some of his enemies in the character, maybe for attacking the rival kinda as zombies, crows and etc in MvC2 Jill). I concretely thought in Cameo Leon, Big John and Bloody Rachel, but thisis something to be spoken with the possible coder. Not so much people here have played the games :/.

I'm currently working in his CS, since I still don't have a lot of sprites done and now it's easy :).

PS: A Great Saiyaman palete is available xDDD!
#1256  May 27, 2017, 09:42:13 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Well, for Viewtiful Joe, I imagined something between his in-game appararance and PotS style, since it's VERY dynamic. Had been making screen captures from stuff that does appear in his games BUT not in MvC3. Maybe I'll be adding some of his enemies in the character, maybe for attacking the rival kinda as zombies, crows and etc in MvC2 Jill). I concretely thought in Cameo Leon, Big John and Bloody Rachel, but thisis something to be spoken with the possible coder. Not so much people here have played the games :/.

Actually, me and Shinzankuro thought to code him in MVC style.

#1257  May 27, 2017, 04:16:53 pm
Cool :D!!

Now, I don't know if a sprite request could be made here, but I'd like to know if someone is able to help me converting this:

Into this:

(yeah, that's sexy!!)

It's a 9 frames stand. Don't worry about the scarf, since I have it finished from long long ago(consisting in 27 scarf sprites, loop 3 times his body and that's the trick). Before anyone says, YES, I'm using SteamBoy's head, plus some tweaks for fitting my version. Also, his body comes directly from MvC3(not SteamBoy's). I have made 5 sprites for the stand, missing four, but the movement in general has A LOT of clipping, even drawing above the GIF, directly...I'm kinda stuck with this :/.

I don't mind if it's just at outlinning with flat colours, I don't mind adding all the detail myself, what I have help with is the clipping :/.

This said, thanks for your help!!
#1258  May 27, 2017, 05:20:09 pm
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
Cool :D!!

Now, I don't know if a sprite request could be made here, but I'd like to know if someone is able to help me converting this:

Into this:

(yeah, that's sexy!!)

It's a 9 frames stand. Don't worry about the scarf, since I have it finished from long long ago(consisting in 27 scarf sprites, loop 3 times his body and that's the trick). Before anyone says, YES, I'm using SteamBoy's head, plus some tweaks for fitting my version. Also, his body comes directly from MvC3(not SteamBoy's). I have made 5 sprites for the stand, missing four, but the movement in general has A LOT of clipping, even drawing above the GIF, directly...I'm kinda stuck with this :/.

I don't mind if it's just at outlinning with flat colours, I don't mind adding all the detail myself, what I have help with is the clipping :/.

This said, thanks for your help!!

You should use Graphicsgale, Felo; it's free, it's simple and it's very useful. It's been said by one who has been using it for years and has become virtually very able in spriting. ;)

You can also rotate sprites with it.
#1259  May 28, 2017, 08:10:15 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I personally would love to be able to help with it, but I'm currently dealing with a lot of deadlined work for college, so I don't have time to even take a break anymore. Good work on Joe so far, though!

Shit
#1260  May 28, 2017, 09:52:17 pm
SNIP
Into this:
SNIP

I'm trying to get my spriting mojo back again, after some really bad RL issues, so I'll take the job.