YesNoOk

gaming news that don't deserve their own thread (Read 2587427 times)

Started by Titiln, October 30, 2011, 05:13:58 pm
Share this topic:
Re: gaming news that don't deserve their own thread
#8561  November 14, 2017, 04:13:01 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
https://www.gamespark.jp/article/2017/11/14/76810.html

ZUN confirms that, depending on how well the Steam version of Hidden Star in Four Seasons sells, he will be porting to Steam all previous windows Touhou games starting with Impossible Spell Card and onward, including the unreleased Gold Rush bonus game (no Steam release of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil to Double Dealing Character, unfortunately).

He's also confirmed that none of the Steam releases, with the exception of Antinomy of Common Flowers, will have any english or other foreign language localizations, similar to what was done when Double Dealing Character was released on Playism a few years back,
Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 04:18:14 pm by Ricepigeon
#8562  November 18, 2017, 05:52:06 pm
    • Germany
#8563  November 20, 2017, 06:05:30 am
#8564  November 20, 2017, 01:49:10 pm
Batman: The Enemy Within Episode 3 comes out tomorrow, as does Apollo Justice for 3DS. Just so y'all know.
#8565  November 21, 2017, 03:42:55 am
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
and also world of final fantasy on steam.
#8566  November 26, 2017, 12:10:33 am
    • Germany
#8567  November 26, 2017, 12:25:10 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I miss Bungie when it was in charge of Halo.

Not that that helps this situation, just it was nice when they were on a streak of great games and had fun with their own community, rather than this ongoing mess that I keep hoping out for to get better that Destiny turned out to be.  I haven't touched the sequel yet, but these hidden tactics were present in the first game and not surprising now.  Just disappointing.
#8568  November 26, 2017, 05:59:06 pm
  • Arbiter of Novel Trivia
    • USA
#8569  November 28, 2017, 05:42:53 am
A Hat in Time is coming out on consoles Dec 6.

#8570  November 28, 2017, 07:43:03 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
You know, I was about to write a post mid-watching how this is good, I was not up for playing it on PC and would rather play it on console, after watching some of Vinny play it, only to see among their apparent top accolades is one of his direct quotes?  I like the guy, generally has good opinions, but I wasn't exactly expecting his approval to be a selling point.  Especially as he broke the game at least a couple of times. (Not that that can really be held against the game, it's in Vinny's blood to break any game he finds)

But now I'm looking forward to Sega's Bass Fishing revival sponsored by Joel, so I guess there's that.
#8571  December 04, 2017, 08:22:46 pm
#8572  December 04, 2017, 08:30:50 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh hell yeah.
#8573  December 04, 2017, 09:16:32 pm
Megaman 11... Looks good. Don't be cancelled again like all the other Megaman games back in the past.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#8574  December 04, 2017, 10:05:48 pm
X1 to X8 are also all coming to PS4, Switch, XBO, PC. I don't remember Capcom bringing back the X series too often, isn't it usually mostly regular Megaman that they reissue on all consoles every now and then ? I only remember one or two X games coming out on Nintendo's Virtual Console, obviously Maverick Hunter on PSP, and that's about it.
I just might get them all on Switch, I never got a chance to really play most of them (yes, I know emulators are a thing, I just never bothered). If only because I like the X style a lot more than regular Megaman.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8575  December 04, 2017, 10:15:27 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
They made X3, X4, and X5 available as PSone classics, but that's it.
Yay for a new Megaman.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#8576  December 05, 2017, 02:44:36 am
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Yay for the X series being avaiable for the current gen! I'm actually surprised by this.

As much as "Mega Man 11" sounds kinda wacky, I'm just glad people are trying to revamp the classic series again. Hey, too soon to wonder if the X series gap can be filled this time?
#8577  December 05, 2017, 03:02:23 am
  • I am a little editor of pixel art
    • Brazil
    • felipexavier.stuart@gmail.com
What the... I am reading... a NEW MEGA MAN GAME?!??!?!?!?!??!? I know Capcom said something about a great surprise for Next Rockman Anniversary, but a new game, its just wow, hope they don't fuck up this game like in the past .-.
#8578  December 05, 2017, 04:10:35 am
X1, X2, and X3 are available on WiiU virtual console. X4 and X5 (apparently X6 is Japan-only?) are available on the PS3 virtual console.

I'm really, really happy for the ability to get my hands on X8 again. In my opinion it's one of the most underrated games ever. Definitely not greatest games ever, but I feel like it's one of the better games in the X series and it never gets any love. I'm good with my virtual console copies of the others, though.

As for 11, I'm really skeptical, but hopefully it turns out better than... you know.
#8579  December 05, 2017, 04:14:47 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I'm just glad it's not another retro 8-bit game. Keep Megaman moving forward please.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#8580  December 05, 2017, 04:20:29 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
I'm really, really happy for the ability to get my hands on X8 again. In my opinion it's one of the most underrated games ever. Definitely not greatest games ever, but I feel like it's one of the better games in the X series and it never gets any love.

X8 would be the best of the X series if the levels designs weren't so boring and lame.
Lasagna