YesNoOk

Graphic contest: Buu's Absorbed forms! Trick or treat - 2016 Halloween edition (Read 731973 times)

Started by XGargoyle, October 30, 2016, 12:40:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Graphic contest: Buu's Absorbed forms! Trick or treat - 2016 Halloween edition
#241  January 14, 2018, 11:59:45 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
it better gets in,i swear if it doesn't get in......  it MUST XD
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
Re: Graphic contest: Buu's Absorbed forms! Trick or treat - 2016 Halloween edition
#242  January 20, 2018, 04:23:42 am
    • Mexico
Well it's my turn I see that the forms of raditz and nappa were missing so I improvised a bit and realized the raditz absorbed sprite by buu what do you think
#243  January 20, 2018, 01:10:31 pm
  • Fate's Persona
  • Words hurt more than blades.
Nice one!!
~ A swift blade makes monsters tame. ~
#244  May 16, 2018, 08:21:51 pm
I have a question and I hope anyone here can help me out...
I want to add more absorbed sprites to BuuZ2 for personal purposes, but I can't figure out how I can do it.
Can anyone give me a detailed explanation, please?
#245  May 17, 2018, 02:34:35 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
It's not a complicated process, but it could be intimidating if you are not familiar with mugen coding and sprite format.
The absorbed sprite has to be separated in 2 different layers, one will be palette shared with Buu's colors, and the other layer will be using its own palette. With this, the skin colors will use the same ones as the active palette, and the clothes will be unaffected by palette changes.

Once you have the 2 sprites, they have to be added into the SFF with the following sprite numbers
28xxx,0 <-- This is the sprite that shares Buu's colors
29xxx,0 <-- This is the sprite with clothes (not sharing colors)

xxx is the ID that we are going to use for the form, it needs to be the same number for both sprites. Accepted numbers go from 000 to 999, but some of these slots are already used for the other forms. Obviously, the ID you chose has to be available in order to make it work. You have the full list of used IDs in the beginning of state 4400

Now, we have to add the forms in the AIR file, by creating 2 animations
; Absorbed Base - Custom
[Begin Action 28xxx]
28xxx,0, 0,0, -1,
; Absorbed Overlay - Custom
[Begin Action 29xxx]
29xxx,0, 0,0, -1,

Even if the sprite is just a single sprite, we have to add both animations (one of them will be empty) if not, there will be a debug error of missing animation

The code that needs to be modified is located in supers.cns, in states 4400.
In state 4400 you will need to add the corresponding name triggers:
[State 0, VarSet] ;Custom form by Ricpia
type = VarSet
triggerall = !time
trigger1 = Enemy, Name = "Name of the character for your custom form, as it appears in the DEF file"
var(51) = xxx
<-- this is the same ID we have used for the SFF and AIR

That's all you need to have the custom form working in your personal mugen.
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#246  May 17, 2018, 02:53:58 pm
Ok thank you so much... I've been doing it right except for the 2 layers thing, now I'll try to add this.
#247  August 14, 2018, 05:50:07 pm
  • busy, busy....
    • Poland
Sorry for necrobumping this thread. I hope you guys are still accepting sprites for eventual further updates of Buu.

So here comes Deadbuul.

#248  August 15, 2018, 03:18:41 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
That is gold

#249  August 15, 2018, 03:25:42 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Kinda sucks it can't be animated where he winks with a little heart fluttering from the winking eye with a twisting flirty foot.
#250  August 15, 2018, 03:59:02 am
    • Canada
Pretty cool seeing updates still happening in here. Thanks everyone!
#251  August 15, 2018, 04:45:08 pm
that is really nice