YesNoOk

Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show (Read 190292 times)

Started by Balthazar, November 08, 2013, 10:05:13 am
Share this topic:
Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show
#1  November 08, 2013, 10:05:13 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

Alright, decided to whip up a thread like this for the whole thing, as there was some interest for it.
Gohan's very own graphic contribution thread (not contest, I don't even know why the others were called that).
This one is, obviously and as you can see in the screenshot above, for one of Gohan's intros where Kibito magically cycles through some outfits.
He randomly goes through about 3, after finally settling on the Gohan's default outfit. Then he teleports away and the fight starts.

Here's a few ground rules:

*Use this base to sprite on top of. The outfit must cover him. For example don't have some pixels on the side of his leg sticking out
 (unless you are going for a ripped/damaged outfit, obviously).
*When finished, post an image of both the custome+Gohan, AND an image of the costume seperated (every visable part of that base image cut out).
*The seperated cloth sprite image MUST have the pink background that the base image has, as well as be saved as .PNG.
 This is so that Cybaster could directly use them without me or anybody else go over them and save them properly ourselves.
*Submitting a costume sprite doesn't quarantee it'll be in the character. If the quality is not up to our standards, we'll simply ignore it.
*As such, the spriting style must also match Z2/CvS rules (concerning overall colors and color-count).
*Do not sprite a penis for him or anything like that. I will disrespect anyone who does anything remotely like that.
*Outfits can be references to any other movie or anime. Just make them have SOME connection to Gohan, not have them be too weird or pointless.
*Use this set-up and name labeling to contribute your sprites;

With that being said, have fun!
Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:35:25 pm by Balthazar
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#2  November 08, 2013, 10:16:15 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Could it be possible for Gohan's face to be changed ? like he does like the outfit

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#3  November 08, 2013, 10:27:27 am
    • Netherlands
I guess if you deliver a seperate sprite of the nude base, and have that face changed, it could work.
I hope not everybody does that, that will mean a heck of a lot more work for Cybaster.
#4  November 08, 2013, 10:29:50 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
The idea was to have the head with the clothes you know like the glasses on your GT outfit

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
#5  November 08, 2013, 10:44:56 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
headgear is allowed as long as it covers the whole base body. :)
Just like the glasses you mentioned.
#6  November 08, 2013, 10:55:51 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
SUSCRIBED! And now to get to work...
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#7  November 08, 2013, 11:02:34 am
Considering that helmets and bandannas are already something Gohan is known for wearing, maybe at the very least an alternate base with no hair should be available for use ? I know you already did the outfits that use the ones from the manga, but it seems reasonable to allow for that one alternate base, IMO.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  November 08, 2013, 11:58:39 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
What costumes have already been sprited?
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#9  November 08, 2013, 12:09:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
these

#10  November 08, 2013, 12:13:01 pm
    • Netherlands
Gohan's Buu saga outfit,
Piccolo outfit,
Piccolo outfit + cape,
Goku outfit,
Goku outfit damaged (Namek battle)
Goku outfit with black belt,
Kaioshin outfit,
Saiyan spandex,
Saiyan armor (cell saga version),
Baby Gohan outfit (adult version),
Gohan GT suit,
Toriyama Buu saga Gohan outfit,
Heroes outfit (gloved + undershirt + Piccolo shoes).

He shouldn't have any Saiyaman costume variations for this intro. He used to, but we removed them, instead those appear in his Henshin winpose.

#11  November 08, 2013, 04:45:37 pm
  • SNK is life
Do you already have sprites for his Supreme Kai Outfit? Or the civilian+bicycle outfit?

Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:49:53 pm by walt
#12  November 08, 2013, 05:00:38 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
#13  November 08, 2013, 05:02:50 pm
    • Netherlands
#14  November 08, 2013, 07:08:55 pm
  • SNK is life
#15  November 08, 2013, 09:48:30 pm
    • Mexico
HI i modified the abs a little, and the buu costume and a idea
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#16  November 09, 2013, 03:35:09 pm
  • Swan dive into the world
#17  November 09, 2013, 03:53:17 pm
    • Netherlands
I edited the abs myself, they are even better now. I changed the image in the first post.
And I did the boxers thing (this has the new abs by the way).
#18  November 09, 2013, 04:16:38 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
*Outfits can be references to any other movie or anime. Just make them have SOME connection to Gohan, not have them be too weird or pointless.
IMO, it would be cool if Gohan had a few random costumes from prominent figures within pop culture (Wolverine, Ryu, etc.)
This is Mugen after all.
#19  November 09, 2013, 04:53:55 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I edited the abs myself, they are even better now. I changed the image in the first post.
And I did the boxers thing (this has the new abs by the way).

You stole my idea D: thats what I had in mind but considering I've not worked on it yet its fine xD

#20  November 09, 2013, 04:56:49 pm
gohan as ryu or wolverine would definitely fall into the weird/pointless category. there are so many outfits that could reference dbz or other works by toriyama that would make more sense