YesNoOk

Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show (Read 190307 times)

Started by Balthazar, November 08, 2013, 10:05:13 am
Share this topic:
Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show
#1  November 08, 2013, 10:05:13 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

Alright, decided to whip up a thread like this for the whole thing, as there was some interest for it.
Gohan's very own graphic contribution thread (not contest, I don't even know why the others were called that).
This one is, obviously and as you can see in the screenshot above, for one of Gohan's intros where Kibito magically cycles through some outfits.
He randomly goes through about 3, after finally settling on the Gohan's default outfit. Then he teleports away and the fight starts.

Here's a few ground rules:

*Use this base to sprite on top of. The outfit must cover him. For example don't have some pixels on the side of his leg sticking out
 (unless you are going for a ripped/damaged outfit, obviously).
*When finished, post an image of both the custome+Gohan, AND an image of the costume seperated (every visable part of that base image cut out).
*The seperated cloth sprite image MUST have the pink background that the base image has, as well as be saved as .PNG.
 This is so that Cybaster could directly use them without me or anybody else go over them and save them properly ourselves.
*Submitting a costume sprite doesn't quarantee it'll be in the character. If the quality is not up to our standards, we'll simply ignore it.
*As such, the spriting style must also match Z2/CvS rules (concerning overall colors and color-count).
*Do not sprite a penis for him or anything like that. I will disrespect anyone who does anything remotely like that.
*Outfits can be references to any other movie or anime. Just make them have SOME connection to Gohan, not have them be too weird or pointless.
*Use this set-up and name labeling to contribute your sprites;

With that being said, have fun!
Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 03:35:25 pm by Balthazar
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#2  November 08, 2013, 10:16:15 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Could it be possible for Gohan's face to be changed ? like he does like the outfit

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#3  November 08, 2013, 10:27:27 am
    • Netherlands
I guess if you deliver a seperate sprite of the nude base, and have that face changed, it could work.
I hope not everybody does that, that will mean a heck of a lot more work for Cybaster.
#4  November 08, 2013, 10:29:50 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
The idea was to have the head with the clothes you know like the glasses on your GT outfit

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
#5  November 08, 2013, 10:44:56 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
headgear is allowed as long as it covers the whole base body. :)
Just like the glasses you mentioned.
#6  November 08, 2013, 10:55:51 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
SUSCRIBED! And now to get to work...
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#7  November 08, 2013, 11:02:34 am
Considering that helmets and bandannas are already something Gohan is known for wearing, maybe at the very least an alternate base with no hair should be available for use ? I know you already did the outfits that use the ones from the manga, but it seems reasonable to allow for that one alternate base, IMO.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#8  November 08, 2013, 11:58:39 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
What costumes have already been sprited?
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#9  November 08, 2013, 12:09:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
these

#10  November 08, 2013, 12:13:01 pm
    • Netherlands
Gohan's Buu saga outfit,
Piccolo outfit,
Piccolo outfit + cape,
Goku outfit,
Goku outfit damaged (Namek battle)
Goku outfit with black belt,
Kaioshin outfit,
Saiyan spandex,
Saiyan armor (cell saga version),
Baby Gohan outfit (adult version),
Gohan GT suit,
Toriyama Buu saga Gohan outfit,
Heroes outfit (gloved + undershirt + Piccolo shoes).

He shouldn't have any Saiyaman costume variations for this intro. He used to, but we removed them, instead those appear in his Henshin winpose.

#11  November 08, 2013, 04:45:37 pm
  • SNK is life
Do you already have sprites for his Supreme Kai Outfit? Or the civilian+bicycle outfit?

Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:49:53 pm by walt
#12  November 08, 2013, 05:00:38 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
#13  November 08, 2013, 05:02:50 pm
    • Netherlands
#14  November 08, 2013, 07:08:55 pm
  • SNK is life
#15  November 08, 2013, 09:48:30 pm
    • Mexico
HI i modified the abs a little, and the buu costume and a idea
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#16  November 09, 2013, 03:35:09 pm
  • Swan dive into the world
#17  November 09, 2013, 03:53:17 pm
    • Netherlands
I edited the abs myself, they are even better now. I changed the image in the first post.
And I did the boxers thing (this has the new abs by the way).
#18  November 09, 2013, 04:16:38 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
*Outfits can be references to any other movie or anime. Just make them have SOME connection to Gohan, not have them be too weird or pointless.
IMO, it would be cool if Gohan had a few random costumes from prominent figures within pop culture (Wolverine, Ryu, etc.)
This is Mugen after all.
#19  November 09, 2013, 04:53:55 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I edited the abs myself, they are even better now. I changed the image in the first post.
And I did the boxers thing (this has the new abs by the way).

You stole my idea D: thats what I had in mind but considering I've not worked on it yet its fine xD

#20  November 09, 2013, 04:56:49 pm
gohan as ryu or wolverine would definitely fall into the weird/pointless category. there are so many outfits that could reference dbz or other works by toriyama that would make more sense
#21  November 09, 2013, 05:11:31 pm
    • USA
Well, I'm not saying Ryu or Wolverine in particular.
I was saying it'd be cool if Gohan wore the clothing of other people outside of DBZ.

I like how Z2 implemented outside references and it'd be cool to see them do this again with Gohan.
#22  November 09, 2013, 06:22:47 pm
    • Spain
Yeah, my priority is toriyama related, i wanna make him a Chrono costume :)
Wolverine could be to much, Ryu costume may be to much but i would not mind it since its martial arts related and we are on Mugen after all.
I think these inspirations make a good guide of what could fit:

-Dragon ball costumes who Gohan weared (most of them are pretty much covered AFAIK)
-Toriyama related, from other works from toriyama who also fits with Gohan, i picked Dragon quest 8 because the colors are similar.
 (Dragon quest, Blue dragon, Chrono Trigger are some examples)
-Super sentai/Power ranger like related, Gohan is into that stuff so it could make logic, but i dont know if Balthazar want to leave the sentai things for the winpose only.
-Third party costumes that for some elaborated logic and reasoning could fit Gohan, martial arts things i think.
-Non referencial costumes, like just giving Gohan a training gear or some tuxedo

#23  November 09, 2013, 06:55:52 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah I'm all for the Toriyama references, not so much the other Marvel/Capcom stuff. And indeed, no sentai stuff, since he has his own transformation winpose for that. You can still make a Ryu outfit for him but there's a 99% chance we will simply ignore it and not include it :P So it might not be worth your time.
#24  November 09, 2013, 09:05:16 pm
    • Spain
#25  November 09, 2013, 09:13:10 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
yeah chrono
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#26  November 09, 2013, 09:58:22 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You could even add the hair to your sprite (with the eyebrows) to make it red like Chrono, I think it would look really nice like that.

Awesome work guys. :)

DW

#27  November 09, 2013, 10:23:38 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Well, I'm not saying Ryu or Wolverine in particular.
I was saying it'd be cool if Gohan wore the clothing of other people outside of DBZ.

I like how Z2 implemented outside references and it'd be cool to see them do this again with Gohan.

I have to agree with this. I don't see it anymore out of place than like what you guys did with Vegeta's stomping intro. A Goomba, Sonic, etc. Nothing to do with the DBZ series or Toriyama's various works at all. I don't see why this should be restricted.
#28  November 09, 2013, 11:25:50 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'm not sure if I agree with this, because instead of being cameos of outside characters, it would be Gohan referencing franchises that possibly wouldn't go well with him. Not that I'm saying it's wrong, but doesn't sounds that interesting to reference outside things like that through what Gohan is wearing. That might be just me, but yeah.

Also, I might contribute to this too, if I can think of something clever.

Shit
#29  November 09, 2013, 11:28:38 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Ryu and Gohan share an English voice actor, so there's that I guess.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#30  November 10, 2013, 12:07:37 am
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52
I'm not sure if I agree with this, because instead of being cameos of outside characters, it would be Gohan referencing franchises that possibly wouldn't go well with him. Not that I'm saying it's wrong, but doesn't sounds that interesting to reference outside things like that through what Gohan is wearing. That might be just me, but yeah.

Also, I might contribute to this too, if I can think of something clever.

boring
#31  November 10, 2013, 04:05:53 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
I'm gonna teach you a lesson Balthazar.
Spriting is hard.
#32  November 10, 2013, 04:26:13 am
    • Spain
If that lesson involves giving Gohan a Bluestreak costume, im hyped for that lesson :D
#33  November 10, 2013, 04:46:47 am
    • USA
That's what I was thinking.
#34  November 10, 2013, 07:14:20 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Think again
Spriting is hard.
#35  November 10, 2013, 07:20:22 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
 :stare:
#36  November 10, 2013, 09:45:02 am
    • Netherlands
Thank...you...Diepod  :gonk:!
#37  November 10, 2013, 09:46:15 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Diepod wins... flawless victory!!!  :haw:
Chilling
#38  November 10, 2013, 09:52:45 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

#39  November 10, 2013, 09:59:52 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Spriting is hard.
#40  November 10, 2013, 10:05:25 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Well... It doesn't unrape my childhood but I guess its fine.

#41  November 10, 2013, 12:25:12 pm
    • Netherlands
What's the lesson here? I've always displayed Bluestreak nothing more then a total badass  :gonk:

This is just insulting for Gohan. How could you do this? I would never ever give him something that would insult his character that much! Ever!

::)
Gotta have 'dem dragon Pyjamas.
#42  November 10, 2013, 12:26:47 pm
    • France
LOL these costumes! I'm sure I can find some use for them, as a special intro. :)

I'm trying to think about a neat costume from Toriyama's universe, but am kinda failing.
Maybe the Toriyama robot himself (as he pictures himself in mangas) ?
Can't think of any Dr Slump related costume. Maybe somehting for Sand Land, but dunno what.
Magus (from Chrono Trigger) could be nice, but I'm not sure it'd fit Gohan's persona (and we already have Chrono).
#43  November 10, 2013, 12:32:49 pm
Dress him as Arale! :XD:
#44  November 10, 2013, 02:28:03 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#45  November 10, 2013, 04:00:33 pm
    • Spain

GO GOHAN ACKMAN

How about Ackman Cybaster?   im not sure if it fits, would fit better for Trunks since they are similar XD
Btw loving those costumes guys haha

Another idea could be Roid from Pola & Roid
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:13:16 pm by Daeron
#46  November 10, 2013, 04:28:46 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba

I have no regrets!
edit:I forgot to add he details to the belt :I
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 04:58:18 pm by balmsold
#47  November 10, 2013, 04:42:01 pm
    • Spain
All this crossplaying its going to make Gohan look part of the Okama Way XD

#48  November 10, 2013, 06:33:45 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK

Hopefully It's worth looking at, Color separated version is in-case people would want to make palettes for it so it just wouldn't be White Bomber all the time.

Your choice though.
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:55:17 pm by Sire Hyogo.
#49  November 10, 2013, 06:49:46 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
What's the lesson here? I've always displayed Bluestreak nothing more then a total badass  :gonk:

This is just insulting for Gohan. How could you do this? I would never ever give him something that would insult his character that much! Ever!

The lesson is never give people the chance to do dumb shit with your sprite projects.
Spriting is hard.
#50  November 10, 2013, 06:55:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
it worked well so far with rare akuma, vegeta, goku, ssj goku and even freeza.  I dare say he has more experience in this than you.
( well rare was from pots but it was the first time i remember doing those community getogethers )

Thanks for the funny clothes tho.
#51  November 10, 2013, 07:01:21 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Spriting is hard.
#52  November 10, 2013, 07:12:04 pm
the lesson is that if you make a thread where people can do dumb shit with your sprite, someone might do dumb shit with your sprite, and you're not really forced to use it anyway so it was a waste of time for whoever did the sprite

what
#53  November 10, 2013, 07:14:03 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
I was just goofing with balthazar mod guys. Chill out. (we're friends remember?)
Spriting is hard.
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 07:22:10 pm by Diepod
#54  November 10, 2013, 07:16:50 pm
    • Netherlands
I did say we hold the right to chose which one we'd include, and which ones to ignore and not include.

These contribution threads do always both entertain and irk me, but they've become somewhat of a tradition for each Z2 char.
So obviously I was fully prepared to see some dumb things, but I just sift through them so only the good ones remain  :eaugh:.

And yes I do like me some messing with Diepod.
But as usual I dig too far in it and totally kill the joke.
#55  November 10, 2013, 07:35:04 pm
  • StormEX
    • USA
I'd like to see this. :)

Natsu Gohan!!! :D
Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:36:57 pm by DragonSlayerEX
#56  November 10, 2013, 10:22:47 pm
  • Я Россия сука!
sorry, I couldn't help myself,

it's my first attempt at Z2, don't expect much
I'm a sick man :(
#57  November 10, 2013, 10:23:29 pm
    • Netherlands
Ghuhu nice one, guys :)

DW

#58  November 10, 2013, 10:28:30 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Soooo... It's OK for Gohan to cross-dress, but not OK for him to be put in another guy's attire...? :confused: Anyway, like this one here....

Bomberman ftw.
#59  November 10, 2013, 10:49:40 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#60  November 10, 2013, 10:59:08 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
#61  November 10, 2013, 11:39:21 pm
    • Netherlands
Actually, keep in mind the customes aren't supposed to be animated, I don't intend to work on that.
So that would exclude flying drapes and capes. You can have capes but they should be in a windstill position, if you understand.
If you would include an animated cloth, it would be weird if his hair was still in all the other ones.

Also, I would like to have a config. to disable all these 'special' ones. Just so that when somebody wants to play the char without any outside-of-DBZ references in it, they have the option to. I hope you understand my intention, this is not ment to be offensive towards the work you contribute here.
#62  November 10, 2013, 11:42:32 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Soooo... It's OK for Gohan to cross-dress, but not OK for him to be put in another guy's attire...? :confused: Anyway, like this one here....
Bomberman and Gohan can relate slightly, Not ALOT but in some ways.

-Bomberman & Gohan have saved their home planets various times (Okay, Bomberman would relate to Goku a tad more but eh.)
-Bomberman being an Explosives expert and Gohan's Ki-Blasts being able to explode? I dunno, I think the first one can easily relate more.

Also you gotta admit, It'd be unexpected, It'd be nice to see it in the release but all I can do is hope, Just glad I attempted to contribute for once.

Everyone Else's entries are looking really good though!
#63  November 11, 2013, 01:25:07 am
    • USA

DW

#64  November 11, 2013, 01:36:42 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
*stuff*

That part of my comment wasn't directed at you :P It was directed at people saying it wasn't beffiting of Gohan to wear like, a Gi based off Ryu or something. Yet, it seems fine to have him cross-dress... Regardless if Bomberman or Gohan have anything related/in common, I like what you did with that. I'd like to see the alt version with him wearing the helmet as well. :)
#65  November 11, 2013, 01:38:53 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
that Natsu suit was awesome, I say YES to outside DBZ references, and IDK about crossdressing

#66  November 11, 2013, 01:46:33 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
Thanks, I'm glad you like the natsu idea. I still need to work on my spriting skills if I'm to be as good as the rest. :yes:

and the cross dressing is funny, but not quite sure... if.. it's a good idea. >_>
#67  November 11, 2013, 01:48:26 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Hey EX, what about a Grey or Gajeel costume?
OR ICHIGO... PLease someone make a Ichigo costume

#68  November 11, 2013, 01:50:31 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I sincerely don´t have any problem with crossdressing, you guys idolize Gohan too much :smug:

Chilling

DW

#69  November 11, 2013, 01:52:58 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
and the cross dressing is funny, but not quite sure... if.. it's a good idea. >_>

TBH, the only one that's funny is the SaiyaWoman one done by Balmsold IMO. I could see that being a joke, like Kibito puts him in that costume on accident. The rest are pretty meh...
#70  November 11, 2013, 01:54:54 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Yeah, the Marylin one... nah

#71  November 11, 2013, 01:57:49 am
  • StormEX
    • USA
#72  November 11, 2013, 02:00:03 am
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba

DW

#73  November 11, 2013, 02:04:19 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Oops lol! I thought it was SaiyaWoman... My bad.
#74  November 11, 2013, 08:23:55 am
Why does it matter if he crossdresses? As long as it's funny, I don't mind.
#75  November 11, 2013, 09:11:13 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I was just goofing with balthazar mod guys. Chill out. (we're friends remember?)

lol only im  a mod, titiln isnt and that wasnt even anything mod related.

All I was saying was that he did it before and it worked out .
Besides, like i said, this

was hilarious
#76  November 11, 2013, 09:52:28 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The crossdressing is fucking funny.  Remember this is the same guy who was the Great Saiyaman so I think Gohan is a bit looser with his personality than you think.
#77  November 11, 2013, 10:25:44 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
besides kibito is having a hard time making the right costume appear, so dressing him weirdly is funny.

Still waiting for scuba diver gohan, hip hop gohan, flavor flav gohan and gohan phd of kickass
#78  November 11, 2013, 10:49:46 am
    • Netherlands
#79  November 11, 2013, 11:42:13 am
Someone make Tuhan Sonkur
#80  November 11, 2013, 11:55:25 am
    • France
How about a Batman or Nightwing costume, as a defender of justice or something ?
#81  November 11, 2013, 01:15:06 pm
    • Brazil
#82  November 11, 2013, 01:31:00 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#83  November 11, 2013, 02:37:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#84  November 11, 2013, 02:49:36 pm
    • USA
#85  November 11, 2013, 03:10:38 pm
    • Brazil
***original by Daeron

Daeron just tried adding the hair to see how it looks : p
#86  November 11, 2013, 03:15:49 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
That part of my comment wasn't directed at you :P It was directed at people saying it wasn't beffiting of Gohan to wear like, a Gi based off Ryu or something. Yet, it seems fine to have him cross-dress... Regardless if Bomberman or Gohan have anything related/in common, I like what you did with that. I'd like to see the alt version with him wearing the helmet as well. :)
Oh don't worry, I was just saying that Bomberman and Gohan do the same thing >:U I dunno, I've tried to enter Bomberman for Frieza's soldier's thread too.
But yeah, going out of character can be kinda funny too.

I just tried doing the helmet over Gohan, I'd have to do some editing to Gohan to get his face to fit in right, Too lazy to do it right now.
#87  November 11, 2013, 04:23:09 pm
    • Spain
***original by Daeron

Daeron just tried adding the hair to see how it looks : p

humm... needs to be a lot bigger,  like gokus sice, and the form doenst convince me a lot, but its great, not a fan of giving Gohan wigs thou...
#88  November 11, 2013, 04:36:13 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK

Updated Colors and sprite a little, Nothing major, made him abit more..."Anime"
#89  November 11, 2013, 06:09:26 pm
    • Argentina
I think you've already done the Saiyan Armor... If I didn't read wrong but well I finished my version and I wanted to share it though. Also it's my frist try on Z2 Style, if you want to edit or change something do it please, I think it doesn't look good at all :)

I updated it again (I changed the boots, they're those Balthazar did for Saiyaman and I fixed some other parts)

(The white colors are from Saiyaman)
Spoiler: Old Saiyan Armor (click to see content)
Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:01:27 am by Lt. Hades
#90  November 11, 2013, 06:11:55 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
That looks awesome. But isn't that armor supposed to include those shoulder pads, like Vegeta's armor??

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#91  November 11, 2013, 06:13:07 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio

#92  November 11, 2013, 06:17:40 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+

#93  November 12, 2013, 08:56:57 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
???

Official artwork btw
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#94  November 12, 2013, 09:35:47 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

#95  November 12, 2013, 12:01:15 pm
    • Argentina
I did the armor when Goku trains Gohan in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and yep, it's on the Cell Saga
#96  November 12, 2013, 01:18:38 pm
    • Netherlands
Never fear, I did the other one as well:

Lt. Hades; your armor sprite isn't too bad, the only thing that looks off is the ab armor, it's too triangular shaped.
Eh looking at my own sprites, they are the same! Well I didn't really touch that part, that's from Daeron :O
#97  November 12, 2013, 01:22:31 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#98  November 13, 2013, 08:47:17 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba

because super heroes!
#99  November 13, 2013, 10:11:49 pm
    • Brazil
Hien

And one from C4ncel art from the Freeza thread : p
I love C4ncel work, hes my fav overall spriter
Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:52:57 pm by RamzaNeko
#100  November 16, 2013, 11:55:45 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
friend sent me this one

Credit to DNA
#101  November 17, 2013, 12:11:36 am
#102  November 17, 2013, 03:41:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

another one by DNA
#103  November 17, 2013, 01:49:10 pm
    • Portugal
    • dbvgstories.blogspot.co.uk/
Hey guys, DNA here. Long time fan and I've been trying to keep Kanzenshuu up to date with this project.
Decided to make an account instead of asking Iced to post for me. I'm in no way a professional spriter, I did simple edits only.
I had Iced offer me input on how to make them as best as possible, especially the previous one he posted, which took me quite some time and creativity, I hope it's at least passable. :P

For the sake of completion I decided to make these as well:

I'm trying to do more but I lack the resources, I would need the other sprites Balthazar has done, if he would be so kind as to post them.

I'm in no way good enough to make stuff like these:

There are three or four variations of that overalls one. I might try to do them myself, but like I said, I'm no pro.
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:57:50 pm by ShinDNA
#104  November 17, 2013, 02:50:59 pm
Welcome to MFG, and great edits!
#105  November 17, 2013, 03:03:48 pm
    • Brazil

hmmmm..
#106  November 17, 2013, 05:46:11 pm
Welcome DNA, everyone here appreciates your help. Great job Ramza only thing is that the folds on the shirt seem a little off.

#107  November 17, 2013, 08:00:00 pm
    • Portugal
Hello again! First off I must disclose something that I thought it would be obvious, but the polite thing to do is to say it anyway.
I've been using bits and pieces from all the sprites in this topic in order to make mine. Nearly all of it is obviously some edited form of whatever Balthazar has already done. But for example, the headband I used comes from Daeron's Crono clothes. I will probably use more bits and pieces from others but so far that's it. Most of the complex ones are heavily edited from Balthazar's. I do hope that's all fine!

Anyway, I did a few more very small edits, again, for the sake of completion.
Saiyan Arc Gohan whilst training with Piccolo, I will make a version of it with a sword.

Movie 2 Gohan, where he used a sort of cowl.

Future Gohan, I will make a special edited version of this one.

Buu Arc Gohan, Balthazar has done this one, I just recoloured it with the proper anime colours, I'm not sure if Balthazar used the dark blue or the purple that's normally used in the games.

Finally, Gohan from late GT, during the Evil Dragons Arc.

I will now try to do some more complex ones.

And RamzaNeko, great job!
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:32:05 pm by ShinDNA
#108  November 17, 2013, 08:17:29 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
As long as you give credit, I think it's fine
Good job there

#109  November 17, 2013, 08:42:09 pm
    • Spain
Nice costumes however, most of them were already covered by me:

(notice these uses the old gohan base)

Still, i like some parts from yours better
I guess its up to Balth and Cyb to pick  between them or fuse them.

oh, i like the one with the glasses you did, think you could put a green book in her hand? would be really cool.
Like this.

#110  November 18, 2013, 01:07:11 am
    • Portugal
Well, I knew some where already made, but was unsure. I redid some so I could have the sufficient parts to edit others. Like I said, many of mine are different, but only very slightly. Thank you very much for posting yours, I hope you don't mind me using some parts to edit mine and possibly make new ones.
As for the glasses, they were taken from Balthazar's GT outfit, full credit to him, not me. I'll see what I can do concerning the book.

Edit: What if Future Gohan was reconstructed?

Edit 2: Now I've completed the training outfit.

Credit to Daeron for the base and the sword sprite. The rope was all me though. That's one gosh darn sweet rope right there.

Edit 3: Hope you're ready for more:

Gohan had this outfit, with the Nyoibo, during Movie 3. At least this makes it more distinct from the one with the headband.
Modified Daeron's sword sprite.

Gohan used the red one during Movie 7, the others are from filler episodes.
The shorts are a modified version taken from Daeron's Ackman sprite, same one I got the sword from. Everything else is either by me or heavily modified from Balthazar.
Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:44:46 am by ShinDNA
#111  November 22, 2013, 11:25:35 pm
    • Netherlands
Hi DNA, sorry I kinda for got to reply here!
Most of those edits look very decent, and will surely be added.
Just the shorts one needs some reworking; the lightsource and detail level is kinda different from the general Z2 model,
maybe you can try to redo those shorts pants. The shirt and suspenders look fine.
It's especially the dark shade on the left side...light should hit that angle, while in your sprite, it's dark there.
Anyway, nice to see you here!
#112  November 22, 2013, 11:53:23 pm
    • USA
Any chances of getting these?
#113  November 27, 2013, 04:06:13 pm
    • Portugal
Hey there! Yes, I've been reworking the shorts, I'll give it a few more tweaks. I've got a few others I've been doing but I didn't want to keep updating the same post.

I made very small changes to all of mine to make sure they all fit the base sprite. Also took the liberty to tweak Daeron's sprites so they can fit as well. Along with RamzaNeko's.

You can view them all here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/we80qqzfm0ejfqe/jpCHukGb_g
And I will rework and update everything that needs reworking in that folder.

I'm not completely happy about the Tenshinhan one either, but I'm not too sure of what else to do with it.

Edit:
Guys help me out here if you'd please.

*still can't post images*

Sorry for the background, these are the ones I'm still editing and I need a second (or third) pair of eyes. I edited the suspenders one a bit and I would thank you guys a whole lot if you could tell me what else I can do with them.
The Crane outfit looks a bit weird, I tried to work the shadows to give it a "wavy" feel and for it to bend where legs and torso would be but it just looks like a mess now.
The Bardock one... well, you tell me! Same with the Tenshinhan one, which looks pretty much done to me but at the same time looks like there is something off about it.
The suspenders still look like they need work for me, but I'm not sure what.

So... Help?
Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:49:31 pm by ShinDNA
#114  December 10, 2013, 09:11:40 pm
    • Netherlands
Helping out because :)
#115  December 14, 2013, 10:51:15 pm
    • Portugal
Yay! That looks so much better than mine. T_T
Sorry for the extra work! Any suggestions for the Bardock, Crane and Tenshinhan? Are they good enough to go? The Crane surely isn't... Those shadows kill me.

In the mean time I made a new one:
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh105/ShinDNA/Hero_zps2b85fdfa.png
Beat's original outfit from Dragon Ball Heroes.

I had many other ideas for outfits but I don't think I've got enough time to dedicate myself fully to it. I might do more at a later date but by then it will probably be too late so... *shrugs* Oh well!

There are the ones I wanted to do: Oorin Temple (Kuririn's original outfit), Rabbit Gang (with rabbit ears), Granpa Gohan (complete with mask) and Broli.
Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:04:36 pm by ShinDNA
#116  December 15, 2013, 11:29:26 pm
    • Netherlands
#117  December 17, 2013, 11:56:13 am
    • Portugal
Right, I'm going to try and post all the sprites I reworked or the new ones I did:

These are reworked from ones that were done by Balthazar or Daeron, I just slightly edited them so they are more accurate to the original source, use them or not is up to you:

Also reworked Ramza's a little bit so it hides all stray pixels:

From mine, reworked these two:

And did these:

And finally, the three I'm not happy with yet:
Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:52:52 pm by ShinDNA
#118  December 17, 2013, 12:07:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think Tien looks pretty good tbh.
#119  December 17, 2013, 12:24:39 pm

The M belt buckle seems wrongly positioned on this one? I'd move it to the left a little.

(my left and your left, not Gohan's left)
#120  December 17, 2013, 12:52:52 pm
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Damn the stuff in this thread looks fucking amazing, I really wish I knew how to sprite I would be all over this shit D:
#121  December 17, 2013, 12:58:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
nothing prevents you from giving it a go with easy stuff first, get him a hat or a moustache. :)
Even a red bow on one of those already made.
#122  December 17, 2013, 01:16:38 pm
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Haha, yeah I suppose I could at least attempt :P
Spoiler: But I warn you (click to see content)
#123  December 17, 2013, 11:23:26 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
that never stopped me. :P
#124  December 19, 2013, 12:56:23 pm
    • Portugal
Hey, I had no clue what I was doing, I just... Did it. And most of them seem to have turned out decent.

About the Majin one... I noticed when I was posting but I lazyed out and was hoping no one else would notice xD I'll give it a fix soon, maybe this weekend.

Posted: December 22, 2013, 08:07:30 pm
Okay guys, gave it a little fix, does it look better now?

Also, since apparently the Tenshinhan one is finished, here it is:

Posted: December 27, 2013, 04:08:03 pm
Late Christmas present, I hope you guys like this one, it was exciting doing it! :D

Posted: January 13, 2014, 02:11:24 am
Well, no one has been answering here :C
But anyway I fixed these three a while ago:
Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:11:24 am by ShinDNA
#125  January 15, 2014, 12:15:33 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I really like the space suit.
#126  January 15, 2014, 12:34:31 am
Late Christmas present, I hope you guys like this one, it was exciting doing it! :D

Very well done!

If you want to bump a topic with useful info (but don't overuse it!) uncheck the merge option that appears when you're posting, under the postbox.
#127  January 15, 2014, 02:22:13 am
i still fucking hate that feature. look at all the awesome sprites that went unseen because of it.
#128  June 12, 2014, 03:00:57 pm
    • Portugal
Hey guys! Sorry for the very long hiatus, I've been very busy studying.
Anyway, I found some time and will to do a few more outfits, I hope I'm not too late! Well, even if I am, I did most of this mainly to fuel my personal OCD :P
Unfortunately, most of these are boring edits and variations. The cool ones will take longer.

Here's the original Blue outfit and it's variation from the movies. Both had been done already, decided to keep them both now and show the comparison.

The one where Gohan is fighting against Goten in GT, after taking away his jacket and tie. Also included a small variation to try and make it more distinct, after he's been possessed by Baby.

Okay, this one is from Balthazar's suspender shorts outfit. Gave him shoes and made all the other variations we see from the end of the Freeza Arc up to the Artificial Human arc. Also movie 7.

The one with the shoes and socks he used in New Namek, I included the original for comparison.

School outfit.

Training outfit, this is after he took the original chinese outfit whilst training with Piccolo, before getting the orange gi with a sword.

Yamu's outfit. Because I like it and it's a simple variation, I guess.

I hope you at least like some of these. Critiques for tweaks are welcome. More outfits to follow... Hopefully soon, but if not, see you in a few months, like I said, the really cool ones will take me a bit longer to do.
#129  June 12, 2014, 03:43:37 pm
    • Netherlands
Can't really find obvious faults with any of them, they're nice! I'm sure Cybaster will add them to the character, it's still possible :)
#130  June 12, 2014, 05:12:05 pm
    • France
Yeah, some are really nice.
I'll add a few of them, but unless you have some super awesome idea, I think we're pretty much done. He has more than 30 outfits already ! :o
#131  June 12, 2014, 05:55:49 pm
    • Spain
wow 30 already? we are stepping into Barbie´s territory.

Also i love specially the white and green piccolo training costume ^_^
#132  July 11, 2014, 02:27:10 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
I guess I´m late to the party (it lacks nick tho)

#133  July 11, 2014, 02:44:45 pm
#134  July 11, 2014, 03:00:48 pm
  • I'll be back...
    • Cuba
Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:06:45 pm by balmsold
Re: Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show
New #135  June 26, 2017, 03:12:45 am
    • USA
I need to stop posting these so late into development

Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 05:15:03 am by ultimate yash
Re: Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show
#136  June 26, 2017, 03:22:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/