YesNoOk

Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show (Read 190901 times)

Started by Balthazar, November 08, 2013, 10:05:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#101  November 17, 2013, 12:11:36 am
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#102  November 17, 2013, 03:41:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。

another one by DNA
#103  November 17, 2013, 01:49:10 pm
    • Portugal
    • dbvgstories.blogspot.co.uk/
Hey guys, DNA here. Long time fan and I've been trying to keep Kanzenshuu up to date with this project.
Decided to make an account instead of asking Iced to post for me. I'm in no way a professional spriter, I did simple edits only.
I had Iced offer me input on how to make them as best as possible, especially the previous one he posted, which took me quite some time and creativity, I hope it's at least passable. :P

For the sake of completion I decided to make these as well:

I'm trying to do more but I lack the resources, I would need the other sprites Balthazar has done, if he would be so kind as to post them.

I'm in no way good enough to make stuff like these:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

There are three or four variations of that overalls one. I might try to do them myself, but like I said, I'm no pro.
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:57:50 pm by ShinDNA
#104  November 17, 2013, 02:50:59 pm
Welcome to MFG, and great edits!
#105  November 17, 2013, 03:03:48 pm
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52

hmmmm..
#106  November 17, 2013, 05:46:11 pm
Welcome DNA, everyone here appreciates your help. Great job Ramza only thing is that the folds on the shirt seem a little off.

#107  November 17, 2013, 08:00:00 pm
    • Portugal
Hello again! First off I must disclose something that I thought it would be obvious, but the polite thing to do is to say it anyway.
I've been using bits and pieces from all the sprites in this topic in order to make mine. Nearly all of it is obviously some edited form of whatever Balthazar has already done. But for example, the headband I used comes from Daeron's Crono clothes. I will probably use more bits and pieces from others but so far that's it. Most of the complex ones are heavily edited from Balthazar's. I do hope that's all fine!

Anyway, I did a few more very small edits, again, for the sake of completion.
Saiyan Arc Gohan whilst training with Piccolo, I will make a version of it with a sword.

Movie 2 Gohan, where he used a sort of cowl.

Future Gohan, I will make a special edited version of this one.

Buu Arc Gohan, Balthazar has done this one, I just recoloured it with the proper anime colours, I'm not sure if Balthazar used the dark blue or the purple that's normally used in the games.

Finally, Gohan from late GT, during the Evil Dragons Arc.

I will now try to do some more complex ones.

And RamzaNeko, great job!
Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:32:05 pm by ShinDNA
#108  November 17, 2013, 08:17:29 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
As long as you give credit, I think it's fine
Good job there

#109  November 17, 2013, 08:42:09 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Nice costumes however, most of them were already covered by me:

(notice these uses the old gohan base)

Still, i like some parts from yours better
I guess its up to Balth and Cyb to pick  between them or fuse them.

oh, i like the one with the glasses you did, think you could put a green book in her hand? would be really cool.
Like this.

#110  November 18, 2013, 01:07:11 am
    • Portugal
Well, I knew some where already made, but was unsure. I redid some so I could have the sufficient parts to edit others. Like I said, many of mine are different, but only very slightly. Thank you very much for posting yours, I hope you don't mind me using some parts to edit mine and possibly make new ones.
As for the glasses, they were taken from Balthazar's GT outfit, full credit to him, not me. I'll see what I can do concerning the book.

Edit: What if Future Gohan was reconstructed?

Edit 2: Now I've completed the training outfit.

Credit to Daeron for the base and the sword sprite. The rope was all me though. That's one gosh darn sweet rope right there.

Edit 3: Hope you're ready for more:

Gohan had this outfit, with the Nyoibo, during Movie 3. At least this makes it more distinct from the one with the headband.
Modified Daeron's sword sprite.

Gohan used the red one during Movie 7, the others are from filler episodes.
The shorts are a modified version taken from Daeron's Ackman sprite, same one I got the sword from. Everything else is either by me or heavily modified from Balthazar.
Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:44:46 am by ShinDNA
#111  November 22, 2013, 11:25:35 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hi DNA, sorry I kinda for got to reply here!
Most of those edits look very decent, and will surely be added.
Just the shorts one needs some reworking; the lightsource and detail level is kinda different from the general Z2 model,
maybe you can try to redo those shorts pants. The shirt and suspenders look fine.
It's especially the dark shade on the left side...light should hit that angle, while in your sprite, it's dark there.
Anyway, nice to see you here!
#112  November 22, 2013, 11:53:23 pm
    • USA
Any chances of getting these?
#113  November 27, 2013, 04:06:13 pm
    • Portugal
Hey there! Yes, I've been reworking the shorts, I'll give it a few more tweaks. I've got a few others I've been doing but I didn't want to keep updating the same post.

I made very small changes to all of mine to make sure they all fit the base sprite. Also took the liberty to tweak Daeron's sprites so they can fit as well. Along with RamzaNeko's.

You can view them all here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/we80qqzfm0ejfqe/jpCHukGb_g
And I will rework and update everything that needs reworking in that folder.

I'm not completely happy about the Tenshinhan one either, but I'm not too sure of what else to do with it.

Edit:
Guys help me out here if you'd please.

*still can't post images*

Sorry for the background, these are the ones I'm still editing and I need a second (or third) pair of eyes. I edited the suspenders one a bit and I would thank you guys a whole lot if you could tell me what else I can do with them.
The Crane outfit looks a bit weird, I tried to work the shadows to give it a "wavy" feel and for it to bend where legs and torso would be but it just looks like a mess now.
The Bardock one... well, you tell me! Same with the Tenshinhan one, which looks pretty much done to me but at the same time looks like there is something off about it.
The suspenders still look like they need work for me, but I'm not sure what.

So... Help?
Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 10:49:31 pm by ShinDNA
#114  December 10, 2013, 09:11:40 pm
    • Netherlands
Helping out because :)
#115  December 14, 2013, 10:51:15 pm
    • Portugal
Yay! That looks so much better than mine. T_T
Sorry for the extra work! Any suggestions for the Bardock, Crane and Tenshinhan? Are they good enough to go? The Crane surely isn't... Those shadows kill me.

In the mean time I made a new one:
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh105/ShinDNA/Hero_zps2b85fdfa.png
Beat's original outfit from Dragon Ball Heroes.

I had many other ideas for outfits but I don't think I've got enough time to dedicate myself fully to it. I might do more at a later date but by then it will probably be too late so... *shrugs* Oh well!

There are the ones I wanted to do: Oorin Temple (Kuririn's original outfit), Rabbit Gang (with rabbit ears), Granpa Gohan (complete with mask) and Broli.
Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:04:36 pm by ShinDNA
#116  December 15, 2013, 11:29:26 pm
    • Netherlands
#117  December 17, 2013, 11:56:13 am
    • Portugal
Right, I'm going to try and post all the sprites I reworked or the new ones I did:

These are reworked from ones that were done by Balthazar or Daeron, I just slightly edited them so they are more accurate to the original source, use them or not is up to you:

Also reworked Ramza's a little bit so it hides all stray pixels:

From mine, reworked these two:

And did these:

And finally, the three I'm not happy with yet:
Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:52:52 pm by ShinDNA
#118  December 17, 2013, 12:07:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I think Tien looks pretty good tbh.
#119  December 17, 2013, 12:24:39 pm

The M belt buckle seems wrongly positioned on this one? I'd move it to the left a little.

(my left and your left, not Gohan's left)
#120  December 17, 2013, 12:52:52 pm
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Damn the stuff in this thread looks fucking amazing, I really wish I knew how to sprite I would be all over this shit D: