YesNoOk

Graphic contest: Gohan's special outfit show (Read 190290 times)

Started by Balthazar, November 08, 2013, 10:05:13 am
Share this topic:
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#21  November 09, 2013, 05:11:31 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Well, I'm not saying Ryu or Wolverine in particular.
I was saying it'd be cool if Gohan wore the clothing of other people outside of DBZ.

I like how Z2 implemented outside references and it'd be cool to see them do this again with Gohan.
Re: Gohan Z2: Kibito presents; Gohan's special outfit show (contribution thread)
#22  November 09, 2013, 06:22:47 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Yeah, my priority is toriyama related, i wanna make him a Chrono costume :)
Wolverine could be to much, Ryu costume may be to much but i would not mind it since its martial arts related and we are on Mugen after all.
I think these inspirations make a good guide of what could fit:

-Dragon ball costumes who Gohan weared (most of them are pretty much covered AFAIK)
-Toriyama related, from other works from toriyama who also fits with Gohan, i picked Dragon quest 8 because the colors are similar.
 (Dragon quest, Blue dragon, Chrono Trigger are some examples)
-Super sentai/Power ranger like related, Gohan is into that stuff so it could make logic, but i dont know if Balthazar want to leave the sentai things for the winpose only.
-Third party costumes that for some elaborated logic and reasoning could fit Gohan, martial arts things i think.
-Non referencial costumes, like just giving Gohan a training gear or some tuxedo

#23  November 09, 2013, 06:55:52 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Yeah I'm all for the Toriyama references, not so much the other Marvel/Capcom stuff. And indeed, no sentai stuff, since he has his own transformation winpose for that. You can still make a Ryu outfit for him but there's a 99% chance we will simply ignore it and not include it :P So it might not be worth your time.
#24  November 09, 2013, 09:05:16 pm
    • Spain
#25  November 09, 2013, 09:13:10 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
yeah chrono
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#26  November 09, 2013, 09:58:22 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
You could even add the hair to your sprite (with the eyebrows) to make it red like Chrono, I think it would look really nice like that.

Awesome work guys. :)

DW

#27  November 09, 2013, 10:23:38 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Well, I'm not saying Ryu or Wolverine in particular.
I was saying it'd be cool if Gohan wore the clothing of other people outside of DBZ.

I like how Z2 implemented outside references and it'd be cool to see them do this again with Gohan.

I have to agree with this. I don't see it anymore out of place than like what you guys did with Vegeta's stomping intro. A Goomba, Sonic, etc. Nothing to do with the DBZ series or Toriyama's various works at all. I don't see why this should be restricted.
#28  November 09, 2013, 11:25:50 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'm not sure if I agree with this, because instead of being cameos of outside characters, it would be Gohan referencing franchises that possibly wouldn't go well with him. Not that I'm saying it's wrong, but doesn't sounds that interesting to reference outside things like that through what Gohan is wearing. That might be just me, but yeah.

Also, I might contribute to this too, if I can think of something clever.

Shit
#29  November 09, 2013, 11:28:38 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Ryu and Gohan share an English voice actor, so there's that I guess.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#30  November 10, 2013, 12:07:37 am
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/ramza.neko.52
I'm not sure if I agree with this, because instead of being cameos of outside characters, it would be Gohan referencing franchises that possibly wouldn't go well with him. Not that I'm saying it's wrong, but doesn't sounds that interesting to reference outside things like that through what Gohan is wearing. That might be just me, but yeah.

Also, I might contribute to this too, if I can think of something clever.

boring
#31  November 10, 2013, 04:05:53 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
I'm gonna teach you a lesson Balthazar.
Spriting is hard.
#32  November 10, 2013, 04:26:13 am
    • Spain
If that lesson involves giving Gohan a Bluestreak costume, im hyped for that lesson :D
#33  November 10, 2013, 04:46:47 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
That's what I was thinking.
#34  November 10, 2013, 07:14:20 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Think again
Spriting is hard.
#35  November 10, 2013, 07:20:22 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
 :stare:
#36  November 10, 2013, 09:45:02 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Thank...you...Diepod  :gonk:!
#37  November 10, 2013, 09:46:15 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Diepod wins... flawless victory!!!  :haw:
Chilling
#38  November 10, 2013, 09:52:45 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#39  November 10, 2013, 09:59:52 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Spriting is hard.
#40  November 10, 2013, 10:05:25 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Well... It doesn't unrape my childhood but I guess its fine.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States