YesNoOk

Hatter's Stuff. (Read 650251 times)

Started by hatter, August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
Re: Hatter's Art Vault.
#881  February 01, 2017, 09:45:16 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It's nice to see people adding to urien's sprite sheet. Thanks for the napalm art as well

Thank you. Hopefully the next time I decide to draw any of your characters, it'll be better than the last attempt.

That Urien animation looks real promising so far! Making sure parts of his body aren't to static in the end will be the tricky part.

I'll make sure to handle that. Just to be sure, are you talking about the part where his fist collides with the earth?

I would still recommend finishing the entire animation's lineart first, at least. It's going to be a pain in the butt if you end up stuck in a situation where you have to simply re-do a completed frame just because it doesn't quite flow correctly into one of the frames you haven't drawn yet.

It honestly doesn't make a difference to me. I honestly dont think finishing the entire line art will help, but that's just me. I'd rather stick to what I'm comfortable with at the moment, maybe I'll switch it up for my future projects. Thanks for having my back, I do appreciate it, really.

I got his general movement down, and now its enough lolly-gagging. If I go at this two frames per day, I might get this done in 8 or 9 days. Then a day or two for fixes and what not.

So.. time to bring the A-Game in.

This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:57:50 pm by Paz Hatter
#882  February 01, 2017, 10:19:26 pm
  • SNK is life
(How come you aren't working with source-rips where he is already nekkid?)
#883  February 01, 2017, 10:26:16 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Is there a video of him doing the Dominant Crush without the cinematic camera angle? The only ones I found have him with the suit.
#884  February 01, 2017, 11:26:51 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Be happy :) (It's on the start of the video) - Oh, I didn't noticed you wanted without suit

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#885  February 01, 2017, 11:28:44 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I already have that one and that's the one I used in my animation. I was asking if there was one in his 3rd Strike attire. That's what I couldn't find.

I don't think it'll honestly make a difference anymore, I mean I already shrunk the needed frames, lol. Thank you, regardless.
Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:31:58 pm by Paz Hatter
#886  February 03, 2017, 05:22:29 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
#887  February 03, 2017, 05:33:54 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Thanks, I'll use em down when I get to that point. :)

Might as well show this, since this is how far I've got:

#888  February 05, 2017, 02:34:16 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Update on Urine Urien's Dominant Crush anim:

I decided to follow the Denjin Hadouken model for animating the charging part of the Dominant Crush, because why not, both characters are charging a projectile. Its still not done, because there is a third part to it but still, thought I'd show you all.
#889  February 06, 2017, 06:14:04 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Noice, cant wait to see it done
#890  February 07, 2017, 02:21:27 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Miniscule progress too? ;D

So the Denjin-ish charge up is done. Only the 5 custom frames remain, and the editing of the last 3 frames before the crouch > idle so that his arm matches the position of the other ones. So one more week of Urien, and then.. SPEEDOM (and an MVP award plz).
#891  February 07, 2017, 09:02:13 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Rewatching the video, I noticed he's actually facing the opponent while pressing his arm against the ground, not the viewer.

Just thought I'd mention it before you work on the final shading.
#892  February 07, 2017, 09:39:29 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'll do a horizontal flip when I finish the new frames and edit the ground hit frames. Thanks for letting me know.

I misread. I'll just edit the heads in the final two frames to have 'em  facing the opponent.
Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:57:17 pm by Paz Hatter
#893  February 08, 2017, 12:34:39 am
    • Argentina
It's not just his head, though. His whole body is facing the viewer. Something like this:

(Sorry for the ugly quick-ass drawing. I'm in the middle of something else right now :P).

EDIT: At the beginning of the flame pillar, he's still holding his right arm with his left hand. It's at the end (where I took the screenshot because it was less obscured) that he moves his left arm away.
Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 12:38:14 am by Graphicus
#894  February 08, 2017, 12:39:55 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I used those frames to avoid more drawing, because I'm not confident enough in my own drawing skills to draw new frames for Urien without making a mess out of them, plus they flowed well with the animation, right now... his back looks uncomfortably twisted in that one frame..

I honestly want to keep to what I'm using because they flow well in terms of animation and anatomy, but.... I'll think about it when I get to that final part.
#895  February 08, 2017, 12:56:03 am
    • Argentina
That's fine then, no worries. You can take some artistic license.

For what it's worth, the supers were never meant to be seen without the fancy angles anyway so the way the character was posed might've had more to do with practicality rather than the devs intending for him to be facing a specific way (this is especially true when you see that some of the animations have the characters telepoting all over the place, which makes no sense when the camera isn't following them like it should).
#896  February 10, 2017, 03:36:59 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I would have replied to you sooner, but at the time, my neck and back were so sore I couldn't concentrate.

I've decided to keep to what I was going with. I know that SF3 has weird anatomy and all, but.... I really don't want to draw wack anatomical poses. Plus it feels better in motion in my opinion.

So yapping aside, here's where I am with Urien:

If the dominos fall where I want them to and stay dilligent enough, I should be done with it next Tuesday.

Feel free to point out any errors you see thus far, I'm sure I missed something.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#897  February 11, 2017, 08:38:28 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Gonna take the silence as "Good, move along". then.

Gonna start working on the requests of Xenomic and Likiji. Will be trying new things with em. Pandas request will be redone after I finish Whip's.
Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:41:54 pm by Paz Hatter
#898  February 13, 2017, 03:23:22 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Thoughts? Anything I might have missed?
Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 04:29:04 am by Paz Hatter
#899  February 13, 2017, 11:05:55 am
  • Dance the night away!
    • Australia
Hmmmm.....
The only thing odd to me is that kyo looks sad and that he may be a bit too chubby. Other than that its lookin good
#900  February 13, 2017, 11:51:21 am
    • Netherlands
Kyo isn't as muscled as, say, Guy, Cody or Ryu. In terms of proportions he's be more in line with Sakura or Yun/Yang.