YesNoOk

Help needed! Revamped HTML Readme template creation for Hyper DBZ (RESOLVED) (Read 27588 times)

Started by Balthazar, September 12, 2016, 07:03:59 pm
Share this topic:
Help needed! Revamped HTML Readme template creation for Hyper DBZ (RESOLVED)
#1  September 12, 2016, 07:03:59 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html

https://www.sendspace.com/file/l5zn48

A good day everyone! We can use your help with our project!
The current Readme for Hyper DBZ that we have currently isn't the prettiest, so we're aiming to have it redesigned before our next build release. The image above is how we want it to look. What we're asking for is somebody who's kind (and qualified) enough to make a HTML template for us based on that design, a template that we ourselves will be able to edit (changing text and images). Below the example image is a link to a PSD of the template design and also includes the two fonts that were used in it. Any takers? You'll really scratch our backs! When we have a working template, we'll take it upon ourselves (well, I will, most likely) to fill in all the content for each character.  A group of layers is hidden in the PSD! That contains the cut-out arrows that will be used in the command descriptions.

Does this all sound clear?  Any questions or more info needed?
Awaiting for positive responses!
Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 04:32:02 pm by Balthazar
Re: Help needed! Revamped HTML Readme file template creation for Hyper DBZ
#2  September 13, 2016, 01:45:18 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Is the top part a list of all characters in the game?
Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 02:55:22 pm by Thunderbert
#3  September 13, 2016, 01:52:43 pm
    • Argentina
I can do it! I'm a web dev
#4  September 13, 2016, 03:41:03 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
#5  September 13, 2016, 03:55:54 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Does it need to be HTML only? I think I can make a template that would be quite easy to edit using HTML + Javascript
#6  September 13, 2016, 04:15:27 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I'm very much out of practice with web building. Years ago I learned enough html, Java, and css to build some pretty nice comic sites. But I seem to have forgotten practically everything I learned. Anyway iirc isn't java a sort of baine of the net? I think I remember having to remove all Java stuff.

I might should google again to be sure. Obviously nothing in flash. Anything else should be fine.

Presubmit edit: I googled for it and couldn't really find anything so I guess it's fine now
#7  September 13, 2016, 07:31:39 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
java!=javascript
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#8  September 13, 2016, 10:47:29 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Is the "Power Mode" supposed to be just like "Special Moves"? I mean, will it be another "collection" of moves?
And what about the "Credits"? What does it look like?
#9  September 14, 2016, 12:45:38 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
There wasn't really a big discussion on it so I'm going to tag the main driving forces and summon one of them to make sure you get a correct answer.
@HQ:
@balthazar:

Sorry for not giving enough info.
#10  September 14, 2016, 07:55:21 am
    • Netherlands
Honestly I didn't think it throught TOO much, I just wanted to make sure it was more condensed and had less....fluff...than the current Read Me. The Power Mode was supposed to be a description each character's Emotion System, but I guess it could also be described under the Super Moves section. Credits would be the tab where all the creators of the character are credited (spriters, coders, contributors, etc. Also I guess relevant links to websites and whatnot).
But yeah the actual content isn't that important as we'll be the ones filling that in. Credits should just be a text field I suppose!
#11  September 14, 2016, 05:04:08 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
So far, this is what I got:

I reduced the size of every image to about 60% of the original because they looked to big on my monitor, but I can make them bigger if you want.
Overall, I think it is ok, if you want me to change anything, just tell me and I'll do it! I just need a bit more info on the "Power Mode" so I can make it easier for you to edit.
#12  September 14, 2016, 05:06:41 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Make power mode just like the specials. All it is is a unique super that gives new options and things like that can be detailed the same way with the images and text.
#13  September 14, 2016, 06:33:55 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 09:01:50 pm by Thunderbert
#14  September 14, 2016, 11:19:59 pm
    • USA
Okay, I fixed mine up today after deleting my post due to finding bugs.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/usmab8

Let me know if you need help on laying out the Credits.

I also modified the green on the L punch and kick to a Blue. This is due to color-blindness making it difficult to tell the difference between Red and Green. (and is why it's always Red vs Blue in all games).
Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:36:06 pm by sorwah
#15  September 15, 2016, 04:30:57 pm
    • Netherlands
This Help is resolved thanks to sorwah! We've chosen his work to be the main Readme HTML code.
Thunderbert, thanks a lot for your effort, but we can only choose one. You'll be credited in the new Readme anyway, if you so choose!
#16  September 15, 2016, 04:36:50 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Thank you indeed Thunderbert! I think sorwah had beat you in contacting Balth off site. They even hooked up on facebook and fine tuned it together. It's really rare these things get one volunteer. Two is amazing!

Thank both of you guys!!! You come through for folks and add a lot of positive to people's hobbies!
Re: Help needed! Revamped HTML Readme template creation for Hyper DBZ (RESOLVED)
#17  September 15, 2016, 05:28:05 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Oh, ok! Good job sorwah! o/
Re: Help needed! Revamped HTML Readme template creation for Hyper DBZ (RESOLVED)
#18  September 15, 2016, 05:41:06 pm
    • USA
Oh, ok! Good job sorwah! o/

Two different approaches enter the arena. One may survive. But I give yours mercy. It was fun practicing my web development :).

You had some interesting javascript code in there but I just wanted to try to keep it as little JS reliant as possible.
#19  September 16, 2016, 04:44:52 pm
    • USA
Worked with Balthazar to really touch up my template. Look forward to the full release. :D