YesNoOk

MoleBox Help (Read 12883 times)

Started by Taffy, April 24, 2017, 07:34:46 pm
MoleBox Help
#1  April 24, 2017, 07:34:46 pm
  • X u X
  • A virus?
    • Kenya
I'd like some help MoleBoxing my game for my own reasons, could someone either link me to a good tutorial or walk me through it?
Re: MoleBox Help
#2  April 24, 2017, 07:46:32 pm
    • USA
Use molebox pro. There is a freeware version.
This is what I used, even if you don't understand the language the instructions are clear.
#3  April 24, 2017, 08:07:21 pm
  • Don't copy code if you don't understand it.
    • USA
    • a13rown@hotmail.com
Well based on some new information I've read in this forum, molebox may not be as secure as it used to be. However, I could be wrong.
#4  April 24, 2017, 09:47:30 pm
    • USA
It's not, but someone would have to have a hard-on to go out of the way to unmolebox it.
#5  April 24, 2017, 09:59:21 pm
An earlier thread has a new demoletion thing which is pretty easy to unmolebox with.
#6  April 24, 2017, 10:25:01 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Takes 5 seconds to unpack your moleboxed game.....
try zipping your chars with a crazy password it might
Offer better protection, mugen will read a char in a zipped
Format
#7  April 24, 2017, 11:35:41 pm
    • USA
Even for virtualization studio??? No
Point is I seriously doubt anyone would care enough to do it, but either way.
#8  April 25, 2017, 12:42:41 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Even for virtualization studio??? No
Point is I seriously doubt anyone would care enough to do it, but either way.

Check out that demoleition, its pretty good! Someone would
Unpack it just for fun or if there's exclusive sprites like bexamis
Capcom universe, I dont know why yall asleep on zip chars, long
Crazy password and fighter factory can't read a zip.
Ive tried it, it works.
#9  April 25, 2017, 02:49:17 pm
    • Indonesia
Just try enigma virtualbox.
It is freeware.
#10  April 27, 2017, 03:56:00 am
The whole molebox idea is complete ass to me, If  you dont want people to fuck with your shit, do not release it, plain and simple, + 95% of the moleboxed stuff is crap anyway, the only reason I see for someone to molebox shit, is to hide something, I will never download a moleboxed game fuck that.  You have to be a complete nerd to molebox your shit anyway. The best stuff is open source and is freely available, and I am glad thats the case. If POTS/Jman/DW or any other great creator decided to molebox shit these nerds would not have learned anything.

Not to mention most of the people that molebox shit their work is 90% based on other people's work so yeah.

Its so counterintuitive it blows my mind.
Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:08:20 am by PeXXeR
#11  April 27, 2017, 03:58:57 am
Kof wing and Capcom Universe are good moleboxed games. Though I don't know why Capcom Universe is moleboxed but it seems like they'd probably release assets when it's done.
#12  April 27, 2017, 04:15:05 am
I never played neither of them but why would I risk downloading lets say KOF wing, when I have Vans, KoopaKoot and KOD stuff ?
Proves my point, best stuff is open source.
#13  April 27, 2017, 04:19:29 am
Kof Wing is like Zillion but a bit more polished. That's all because this is derailing things. Also moleboxing is pretty useless I mean KOFM tried it. Then proceeded to get torn into and having a billion (not so good) kofm edits SPEWED all over the place. So yeah moleboxing doesn't really matter much.
#14  April 27, 2017, 04:42:35 am
Kof Wing is like Zillion but a bit more polished. That's all because this is derailing things. Also moleboxing is pretty useless I mean KOFM tried it. Then proceeded to get torn into and having a billion (not so good) kofm edits SPEWED all over the place. So yeah moleboxing doesn't really matter much.

Proves my point again, most of the moleboxed stuff aint that good, Thanks for the info dude, I was interested in the KOF Wing stuff but now I wont waste my time.  To clear things up, its nothing against the OP, you have your reasons more power to ya, this is more of a general opinion.

For new creators use Z2 as an example, its pretty much the best mugen game out there, guess what, its open source.
#15  April 27, 2017, 06:19:50 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
literally all the best games are not open source... like all the once that we rip sprites and data from.

Open source is nice but it's silly to not try a game because it's closed. It's silly to not try a character by one creator just because the same character was made by another creator.

Back on topic... there's nothing wrong with protecting your work. I'd experiment with this one. You should still be able to molebox it to keep it tidied up if it's a full game too.
Format

Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:26:59 am by ink
#16  April 27, 2017, 07:09:32 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Memo already said in another thread that this method doesn't work, mugen won't read the def file if the zip file has a password.
Lasagna
#17  April 27, 2017, 07:22:06 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Memo already said in another thread that this method doesn't work, mugen won't read the def file if the zip file has a password.

Yup, it will read if the char is zipped but if it has a password
Mugen says it cant locate the def file. So that's no good either
for protection.
#18  April 27, 2017, 07:07:51 pm
literally all the best games are not open source... like all the once that we rip sprites and data from.

Open source is nice but it's silly to not try a game because it's closed. It's silly to not try a character by one creator just because the same character was made by another creator.

Back on topic... there's nothing wrong with protecting your work. I'd experiment with this one. You should still be able to molebox it to keep it tidied up if it's a full game too.
Format

O really ? welp, imma give you an example I downloaded Zelgadis's TMNT NES tournament fighter game, its OLD as hell to this day when I unrar it, avast, eset nod32 a legit copy, both of em that Ive used through all these years delete the exe asap with no exe you cant start a game. I  dont care for false positives I am not gonna let another one of my GPUs burn cause of a bitcoin miner that starts working when I leave my PC on for 15 minutes.

If you want to protect your work do not release it plain and simple.

I dont want to sound like an ass dude, but when you get burned you kinda look at it from a diff angle.
One more thing I am more of a  guy if have the chance to learn from the creators I love I would take it asap.
Its opinions I guess.
We can improve on each other's work and make it better for the community as a whole.

As a creator dont you want to be recognized and respected for your work like lets say POTS/Jman/DW /Vans etc ?
Just look at what Vans did, his projectile code was great, and a lot of legit creators updated their stuff, if vans had not put it out for us to use  ..(cant explain myself with my shitty english) yeah you get the idea, thats why I say hats off to creators like that.

Raaja's Urien pretty much the BEST 3rd strike char out there, people can learn from that and bring more chars like that, and its all available for you and me to study from and improve if we can.

Tatsu released them sexy ass stages, and more people are coming up with the same style so more awesome stages for us, tatsu did not molebox or do any kind of shit, and people love him for that.

Real talk, the only legit reason I see to molebox is if you dont want those MA mofos to get your shit and reupload it, but thats another thing all together.

Who said I am not gonna try another char by anorher creator ? I did not even imply that, do what you want I am gonna give you props if its awesome I dont care what it is.
Fuck, Knuckles has released only  Iori so far and he is one of my fave creators here.

For me as  fan of all these guys, POTS/Jman/DW/Knucks/Vans/KoopaKoot/KOD/Chazzanova/SeanAlty/Victorys/Rajaa/Z2 Team/Tatsu,Froz,Vyn, I can go on and on, is open source, I can study that stuff, edit that stuff how I want, and they will have my respect always. 

Sorry for the long post, if you read the whole thing you are awesome.
Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:41:04 pm by PeXXeR
#19  April 30, 2017, 05:02:48 pm
  • For the Murder!
This thread has derailed into a molebox debate...
But I agree with pexxer, the most respected authors who always get the dick strokes whenever they release anything are the open source ones, and no one will mess with their work because they're almost always good,  aside from details here and there, but they are always open to feedback and fix them. If someone releases an edited version, expect it to be sub-par compared to the original. 
However the authors who molebox their things are relatively unknown or despised most of the time (look at zelgadis and his legion of haters), and other people are always ready to crack their molebox and release their own version because either the original was crap or to just mindfuck the author showing how their oh so beloved creation is being desecrated by dirty editors.

I,  for my part, don't see the point of moleboxing things, if you don't want people to have access to it, don't release it. Look at Vnix, he always makes pretty cool shit, but never shares, and he doesn't have a legion of haters for that.
Lord Noble Eye of Dezeroff; High Commander of the Reconnaissance Division, Airborne Corps; Fifth Seat in the Murder's Council; and Duke of Corvus
Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:20:32 pm by Duke of Corvus
#20  May 01, 2017, 02:14:17 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917