YesNoOk

(UPDATED) Undertale Stage [From Undertale] (Thank you for 1000 Downloads!) (Read 85215 times)

Started by Mr. Nate, November 01, 2015, 11:44:04 pm
Share this topic:
(UPDATED) Undertale Stage [From Undertale] (Thank you for 1000 Downloads!)
#1  November 01, 2015, 11:44:04 pm
  • Been toying with MUGEN since 2014
    • USA
If there are any problems, let me know. I will try to fix them as soon as possible.
Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 01:38:33 am by Mr. Nate
Re: Undertale Stage [From Undertale]
#2  November 02, 2015, 04:05:08 pm
    • USA
Made a bit of a mistake in the .def file. The music is supposed to say "EnemyApproaching.ogg" instead of .mp3. If you want me to fix the zip, let me know, but it's pretty easy to fix it yourself.
If there are any problems, let me know. I will try to fix them as soon as possible.
#3  November 02, 2015, 04:11:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Probably a good idea to correct your file even if you dont announce it, since it will reduce potential questions.
#4  November 02, 2015, 04:53:54 pm
    • USA
Zip file has been updated.

Edit: We have surpassed 60 downloads! Thank you all!

Edit 2: 86 DOWNLOADS!? WHOA!!!

Edit 3: GET HYPE!!!! WE HIT 100 DOWNLOADS!!!

Edit 4: Welp, we hit 200 Downloads! NOW THAT'S SOMETHING!!
Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 05:37:45 am by Mr. Nate
Re: Undertale Stage [From Undertale] (200 DOWNLOADS!!!)
#5  December 08, 2015, 02:48:57 am
  • Professional Amateur
    • USA
    • superfromnd.gitlab.io/
It's really cool to finally see Undertale stuff for MUGEN.
(I guess you could say it fills me with determination.)

Creator of the Ikemen GO Command List Generator and its successor, Iguana.
I also make 3D stage ports for Ikemen GO. You can find my stages here. :heart:
#6  December 08, 2015, 04:15:10 am
    • USA
    • carlosg.olitan@yahoo.com
This release... It fills me with determination. I can't wait to unleash all my special attacks in these stages.
#7  December 09, 2015, 02:34:55 am
    • USA
Welp, we hit 300 downloads. I guess people really like this stage! ;)
Re: Undertale Stage [From Undertale] (300 DOWNLOADS!!!)
#8  December 10, 2015, 02:04:59 am
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
...Did you just removed my note?

Anyway, I just said "x number of downloads" is nothing to get excited about. Don't bump your topic just to say "WOOHOO, *insert number here* Downloads has been hit!" or something like that. If you do want to bump, make sure it's something relevant (like idk.. an update).
#9  December 10, 2015, 05:13:15 am
    • USA
    • raptorkou@gmail.com
Getting downloads is totes something to be happy about, people dig your stuff; There's an ungodly amount of lurkers here on MFG. (I'm one of them)
Last stage I released here already has a count of 3,000 downloads on my DL counter. Keep workin' on new stuff and you'll be getting a lot more!

This is a killer stage and I wish you the best of luck in the future. I'm just offering my personal stats as some kinda medium.
#10  December 10, 2015, 06:40:43 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The problem is that he's bumping his thread solely to brag about the number of DLs instead of something like an update pushing down threads that are either new releases or had an update to them..

Good for him that people are interested, but we don't really need to know.

So uh...don't encourage him.
#11  December 10, 2015, 07:02:21 am
    • USA
    • raptorkou@gmail.com
The previously 5-week-old thread was bumped Monday by a separate user, and another user again. Then 2 days later, he responded, excited about his 300 downloads.
I don't consider that much of a bump, as he was editing his previous post before that.

I'm not encouraging it. Being proud of your accomplishments is a-okay. I was also stating that it's kinda normal to get that many downloads in a community that's this large.
I then downloaded the stage myself and tried it out, as not to subtract from the subject matter, and to offer my opinion on it. Calm down, friendo.
#12  December 10, 2015, 08:10:47 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Okay, now come up with a response to him removing a mod warning from a post.
#13  December 10, 2015, 08:17:15 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
And how he conveniently leaves out the fact that he bragged about hs DLs in that 5 week period by editting his post multiple times.
#14  December 12, 2015, 05:38:25 am
    • USA
Is there any chance you could make the stages areas separate, or at least help me do so myself?
#15  December 12, 2015, 07:36:56 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - karasz2009
    • http://karaszkun.deviantart.com
Now what we really need is fighting characters representing Undertale themselves. I can think of a following characters, but obvious choices would be Frisk, Papyrus, Sans, and/or Undyne.
#16  December 13, 2015, 04:23:39 pm
  • Shout out to all my fans.
Been using this stage for a while now; overall, I enjoy it. The area transitions are pretty neat, and I like Flowey's little appearance at the start of each round. There are a few problems I've noticed, however. For instance, the area transition effect doesn't cover the entire stage:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Additionally, there's a whole lot of vertical space in the stage, yet most of it is pure black; in fact, the background cuts off noticeably on Snowdin and Hotland. (This cutoff is also noticeable on Waterfall, though not as glaringly.) Only the Ruins have much to see above ground level, and even then there's still a lot of empty space; on all areas, you can't see any of the background at the highest point in the stage (not demonstrated in the screenshots below):

Finally, the Survival results screen (and I believe, by extension, the Arcade Continue/Congratulations screens) isn't properly aligned, centering well above the player:

Overall, I like the stage enough to keep it in my Mugen, and I appreciate the effort put into it, but it could use some refinement.

(I'm using Mugen 1.1 with a game resolution of 1920x1080, in case that significantly affects anything.)
#17  December 15, 2015, 12:29:33 am
    • USA
Been using this stage for a while now; overall, I enjoy it. The area transitions are pretty neat, and I like Flowey's little appearance at the start of each round. There are a few problems I've noticed, however. For instance, the area transition effect doesn't cover the entire stage:

Additionally, there's a whole lot of vertical space in the stage, yet most of it is pure black; in fact, the background cuts off noticeably on Snowdin and Hotland. (This cutoff is also noticeable on Waterfall, though not as glaringly.) Only the Ruins have much to see above ground level, and even then there's still a lot of empty space; on all areas, you can't see any of the background at the highest point in the stage (not demonstrated in the screenshots below):

Finally, the Survival results screen (and I believe, by extension, the Arcade Continue/Congratulations screens) isn't properly aligned, centering well above the player:

Overall, I like the stage enough to keep it in my Mugen, and I appreciate the effort put into it, but it could use some refinement.

(I'm using Mugen 1.1 with a game resolution of 1920x1080, in case that significantly affects anything.)

I was waiting for someone to catch any bugs. I'll see if I can fix them in the future. Thank you.
Re: (UPDATED) Undertale Stage [From Undertale]
#18  January 23, 2016, 04:19:41 pm
    • USA
The stage has finally been updated. The issues involving the screen flash have been fixed. In addition, the stage doesn't reset it's visuals at the beginning of each round.
Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 04:39:38 pm by Mr. Nate
#19  January 23, 2016, 04:56:21 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Some feedback just by reading your def file and not actual testing in MUGEN.

boundleft and boundright are respectively the left and right bounds of the stage. You should always have their absolute value being the same value. In short, you should ALWAYS have boundright = -boundleft. If you don't, your stage will not be symmetric, which means that a player will have an advantage over the other at the beginning of the fight, since one of them can be cornered more easily. This effect is less important on very wide stages, but a stage should always be symmetric, for the sake of clean coding and showing you know what you're doing.

- you have two sets of different [PlayerInfo] in your def file

- leftbound and rightbound should NOT be lowered (leftbound  = -1000 ,rightbound =  1000) and again rightbound = -leftbound for same reasons as boundright = -boundleft.

- read Cybasters Complete Stage Creation Tutorial
#20  January 23, 2016, 06:03:24 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
The DEF file bgmusic plays a .mp3, but the actual file is in fact an .ogg
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer