YesNoOk

Vans's wip thread of everything (?) (Read 2978 times)

Started by Vans, February 05, 2017, 02:18:11 pm
Vans's wip thread of everything (?)
#1  February 05, 2017, 02:18:11 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
You may know me as the person that never finishes things!

Give me suggestions as to what to post about. I sit on things because I feel like they're not ready for the public eye, but I sometimes wonder if it would be interesting to show them.

shoot.
Re: Vans's wip thread of everything (?)
#2  February 05, 2017, 02:33:05 pm
I think you were making a Cell with small (super butouden sized) sprites, what happened to that? Did GokuThePower finish the set?
#3  February 05, 2017, 02:56:28 pm
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
I believe he did, I began preliminary work on him and had a very good idea of how the flow should work.

If I recall there was one particular feature I was not too comfortable about, it had to do with computer controlled Cell Jr. Ever since I saw this problem I decided to study before attempting anything else. Chizuru happened because of this.

I have a very huge problem when I plan to make things: if I identify a potential problem, then I don't make any progress until I am fully confident I have mastered solving this problem.

Many of the characters I've made (Chizuru, Athena, Iori, Jhun, Angel) were made precisely so I could learn how to solve a problem for a different project. I usually get bored once I solve the problem I wanted to solve and have issues finishing the rest of the details.

It's my curse. :/
#4  February 17, 2017, 08:02:40 pm
  • SNK is life
Why is your code so hard to understand? Rarely I've seen a move that is straight-forward, and I suspect that's why people refrain from using your stuff :P

SO MANY && AND VAR(S)  :grrr:
#5  February 17, 2017, 08:20:25 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
mugen, not being able to use named variables and having such a small amount of variables are a very bad combination for code clarity; you have to de-optimize code way too much to achieve a decent level of clarity.
#6  February 17, 2017, 08:22:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Indeed. And to get most simple things to work like consumer games do you have to do 30+ work arounds due to MUGEN limitations
#7  February 17, 2017, 08:23:44 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
oneof the first things I did for the engine I made was have unlimited named variables toa void ahivng any mugen-like headaches.