YesNoOk

Z2 Compatibility Thread (Read 308752 times)

Started by Balthazar, June 19, 2011, 07:32:16 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Cybalthazar's Compatibility Thread!
#21  June 21, 2011, 04:29:59 am
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
@Cy: yeah thats cool with me man i'll gladly make COMPLETE english snd patch for goku whenever your ready bro i jus have to find some more sounds for goku and i promise i wont you guys down  ;D thanks for putting that trust in me btw lol
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#22  June 21, 2011, 07:30:25 am
    • USA
I was actually going to make CvS Compatible Sprites for this, which are for POTS characters such as Ryu, Guy, Sakura, ETC. But would anyone be willing to patch them with "Cybalthazars" Goku?
#23  June 21, 2011, 07:48:53 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
If you're willing to make the sprites, I can probably patch them. :) I'd patch Jmorphman's latest Ryu patch, obviously.
I'd only work on the simple stuff though, meaning flip knockout, broken back, chou Kmh fatality, and MAYBE Dash Collision. I won't make a patch to have Beam Collision between Evil Ryu and Goku. :P
#24  June 21, 2011, 07:14:24 pm
ALSO forgot to tell you this CY i found some really neat tag in sounds for goku and vegeta you know like Marvel vs Capcom tagging lol when goku tags out he is gonna say "you can take it from here" or "Vegeta!" and when he tags out he can call vegetas name just like in mvc3 and as for vegeta when he tags out he will call "take over" or "kakarot!"  instead of goku and for an assist he will either say "how bout some help" or "get out here now" and for DUAL HYPER if goku is calling it then he will scream "TOGETHER!" just like broly second coming and vegeta idk bout him yet still thinking about his lol

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THAT BALTHAZAR AND CYBASTER  ;D

btw im using the mvc tag system by aerogp n sludge its a good little system that make mugen a lot more fun but still very buggy  :-\
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#25  June 23, 2011, 10:38:35 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Even though you have nice tag sounds, doesn't mean he will have a tag feature XD
Well if it works good it might be worth looking into in the future. Only Vegeta is far from done, so he doesn't have a partner yet XD
Btw Cy thanks for making me browse the Readme file again, I didn't even know he won 2 more COTM awards on other forums :D!
#26  June 23, 2011, 12:01:59 pm
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Should there be a candy State number? Like when majin boo hit somebody with the ray they turned into candy... Shouldn't this be applied as well considering your working on DBZ characters?
#27  June 23, 2011, 12:30:58 pm
    • Netherlands
It's not a bad idea, i dunno how it works with the Majin Buu's out there...
#28  June 23, 2011, 05:23:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The current majin boos use Pots rare akuma code for candy change, where the candy comes in the boo character already.
#29  June 23, 2011, 07:25:32 pm
hmm good point just a suggestion lol but still working on that sound patch for ya  ;D
#30  June 25, 2011, 10:10:30 am
    • Netherlands
Nice thanks ;) Actually I've just discovered the Compatibility section in the awesome Readme of Goku that Cy made, I couldn't find it ;)
So you can find all the codes there. The thread will only be for the sprites that people make to be compatible with Goku.
#31  July 04, 2011, 06:04:38 am
    • France
Okay, here's an update to this topic, for those potentially interested. :)

Broken Back

This animation is used when Goku grabs his opponent at the end of the Broken Back Kaiyoken follow-up. When falling on the Goku's hand, the opponent gets his back broken in an ackward position, accurate to the way Goku finished Nappa in Dragon Ball series.
To make your character compatible with Goku Z2, you have to add just one sprite of your character with the back broken, with alignment based on the middle of the belt, as shown on the following picture:

Goku has two sprites instead of one, just to have show some jiggling, but this is not required. Once you have added the sprite(s) to the SFF, create Animation 5946 in the AIR file, which is the standard used for Goku Z2, and you're done. Just adding this animation will ensure that your character will use it when Goku hits him with Broken Back follow-up.
Optionally, you can separate the background arm and leg of your character, and place it as Animation 5947 in the AIR file, so that it appears behind Goku, for a more realistic display. Axis should be aligned with Animation 5946, as shown on the previous picture. Note that this background sprite is not required, it is just here to make things look better.

I'm not going to post any tutorial for Beam Collision here. You'll have to wait to get your hands on the character, and base the code from Goku Z2 while reading the tutorial in the readme file, as I mostly give explanations on how the code works, and what you have to do to make it work in your character(s). It's not a simple "copy-paste" job that can be done on any character.

However, I'll leave you with this :
Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:35:29 am by Cybaster
#32  July 04, 2011, 07:11:30 am
While I know I'm pushing it, you should make the beam struggle like it really is in DBZ, where one beam makes up half of the circle, and the other beam makes up the other half.
#33  July 04, 2011, 07:34:10 am
    • France
Yeah, I was thinking about this, but we made it the lazy way for now. It will probably get an update in the future.
#34  July 05, 2011, 05:09:14 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah the beam struggle can surely be improved upon, it doesn't feel...perfect yet ;)
Also, we NEED those backbroken sprites  :twisted: otherwise in 95% of the cases, THIS is how it'll look like :P

Doesn't really give you the feeling that their back is broken :P
#35  July 05, 2011, 05:26:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
invert it. or use the upwards hit rotated to one side.
#36  July 06, 2011, 12:04:00 am
    • France
Problem is that I'm forced to use one of the required sprites, and the way the character is changes for each character. Some chars will have their back in this position (shown by Balthazar), and other will have it in the other way, making it look "not so bad" ... I'll test on more characters and possibly change it if needed.
#37  July 07, 2011, 04:14:15 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Well if people can, I dont see why not to make the sprite for it. Its not hard to do at all. Its about four frames or less.
#38  July 07, 2011, 05:06:30 pm
    • Netherlands
Just one, really. 2 is if you wanna go fancy :P
#39  July 09, 2011, 07:10:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Problem is that I'm forced to use one of the required sprites, and the way the character is changes for each character. Some chars will have their back in this position (shown by Balthazar), and other will have it in the other way, making it look "not so bad" ... I'll test on more characters and possibly change it if needed.

use this gethit instead.
#40  July 09, 2011, 10:36:35 pm
    • Argentina
It's a pretty simple code
Thanks for explainig it.
Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 03:29:32 am by gabe555