YesNoOk

Z2 Inspired stages! (Read 448534 times)

Started by Daeron, December 11, 2012, 05:37:11 pm
Share this topic:
Z2 Inspired stages!
#1  December 11, 2012, 05:37:11 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Well, by popular demand ill start this topic about the z2 inspired stages im going to make for the z2 chars.

Currently, these are my stages that are Finished/Released:

Desert stage:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/desert-dragon-ball-z-capcom-style-144706.0.html

Desert (stormy) stage:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/desert-stormy-dragon-ball-z-capcom-styled--145393.0.html

Namek:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/namek-dragon-ball-capcom-style-146401.0.html

They will be hosted on the z2 download page along with Noz stages too!

The purpose of this topic is to recieve feedback and ideas while im making new stages.
The one im working currently is the Hyperbolic Time Chamber.

For the moment, the stage will have transsitions between different weathers:

-Normal White (Anime/manga inspired)
-Aurora Nigth  (Budokai series inspired)
-Extreme heat       
-Extreme cold

screenie of the progress so far:

Normal white and Aurora modes are mostly completed, also the transsitions are smooth and works well.
The problems comes with Heat and Cold mode, they are empty at the moment (just the coloured background)

It would be nice to find some nice Fire effects (capcom style) to put in the Heat mode
about cold mode, maybe some snow? blizzard? could somebody pass me some info about how that appears in the manga/show?

Well, for now the sandclock its animated, (needs animation in the other one, and also a wall clock)

Btw, please dont talk to much about music because everybody can change that and its a waste of posts! Wizzy´s music is an exception and you can talk about it as much as you like because hes awesome XD

Re: Z2 Inspired stages!
#2  December 11, 2012, 05:57:50 pm
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Good to have this topic up.
The chamber is progressing nicely I see, and what a beautiful sky!

I think that you should position the characters a little higher in the stage, they don't look quite good IMO where they stand right now.

As for the cold mode, it's in the beginning of this video. A  blizzard is blowing and the place is filled with ice pillars/mountains popping out everywhere(you could add those in the background and even some in front of the characters).

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Nrp-rpW-RnM#t=40s

Good luck man!
#3  December 11, 2012, 06:02:59 pm
  • He can break those cuffs!

Feel free to use it as an idea for the Lookout stage. That is, if its in your plans ^_^
#4  December 11, 2012, 06:13:08 pm
    • Spain
I think that you should position the characters a little higher in the stage, they don't look quite good IMO where they stand right now.

Wups thats the screenie, there is more space for the shadow (the same as the other stages), i just messed it up cuting the image XD
Thanks for the video btw! ^_^
Didnt remembered that scene, glad to see some mountains, they will add more taste to the stage for sure, i guess ill need to make them pop up.

Koju! the Lookout sure is on my plans too, but i would like to avoid making it symmetric.
That Kami sprite is just to damn good, i would try to use it for sure :P
#5  December 11, 2012, 06:31:50 pm
  • Did you say something?
    • Sweden
    • www.youtube.com/Garaliru
Both Desert stages seems to be down. Intentional? Since they're going to be uploaded to the Z2 page (hopefully) soon enough.
Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 06:40:26 pm by Garaliru
#6  December 11, 2012, 06:51:10 pm
    • Spain
well i did not put them down, maybe the link just expired or something.
Ill refresh the link in a few hours, sorry for the inconveniences :P
#7  December 11, 2012, 06:58:00 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
I'll try to upload all Z2 stage on my website this weekend. I really have a lot of stuff going on right now.

The chamber stages look superb. :D
For the floor, it would be cool to see some gradient in old-school style, with only a few colors used, but with this sort of grid pattern, if you see what I mean ?
Do the sand clocks have some delta between them and the background, as it would really add more depth to the stage ?
#8  December 11, 2012, 07:04:47 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
nice dude... progress is looking awesome!..  i'd really like to see kami's look out too... by the way i don't know if this could be of any help to you but... babidi's spaceship would look really nice on your style... :P again... fantastic job!! :D
#9  December 11, 2012, 07:28:57 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
DAT TIME CHAMBER SCREENSHOT. Oh my god I want it so bad! All I request is that you PLEASE make separate versions for those that want it to STAY normal.
#10  December 11, 2012, 09:22:43 pm
    • Spain
For the floor, it would be cool to see some gradient in old-school style, with only a few colors used, but with this sort of grid pattern, if you see what I mean ?
Do the sand clocks have some delta between them and the background, as it would really add more depth to the stage ?

Yeah, i know what you mean, for now im focusing on dealing with the transsitions and stage effects. Ill try to make it look more old school later :D
For the delta thing, not for the moment, but should not be a problem to separate them and the weird crystal spheres later.
The chamber sprite itself needs more details, specially the interior and the window.

Seems like people are enjoying to much the Aurora version. So what do you think about two versions?

Version 1- Aurora + some training props
Version 2- Anime white + Heat mode + Cold mode

This way will be more easy for me to deal with transsitions.
#11  December 11, 2012, 09:23:34 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Sounds good. :)
#12  December 11, 2012, 09:36:52 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I like Version 1. I'd use both honestly.
#13  December 11, 2012, 09:38:12 pm
Yes, I agree with two versions.
#14  December 11, 2012, 11:02:38 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I love you Daeron ^^
I'll be incorporating your stages into my own Mugen page as well, if you're down with that ;)
Time Room looks very sexy already!
And Babidi's spaceship looks like an easy one for you as well, but you'll probably finish it waaayyy before Majin Vegeta :)
Just keep doing what you're doing, this is golden!
#15  December 12, 2012, 12:08:48 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Congrats on a quick yet well deserved contributor star. Your stuff is awesome, and I'm glad to see a WIP thread as well.

I never followed the DBZ saga too closely due to my die-hard friends who told me all about it back in the day. However, I appreciated the characters and their designs, so seeing your stages come to life is a big treat when mixed with any well done DBZ character.

Perhaps within time, you could also make Dr. Gero's mainframe, or something Cell related?? Other ideas that come to mind with my limited knowledge are:

Namek's destruction.
Dragon Road... Or whatever its called... When Goku traveled across that gigantic dragon. Am I right here??
The Tree of Might
That "palace" of sorts
Frieza's ship

Just brainstorming. But the point is applying your talents to iconic DragonBall locales and transforming them into stages with your signature style.

Keep up the great work man. You got talent. :lugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#16  December 12, 2012, 12:17:26 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Are you basically making Z2 inspired versions of the the standard stages that came with the DBZ games, that's pretty cool? Either way I really like your work, it's very nice :D
#17  December 12, 2012, 01:35:10 am
    • Spain
Thanks everybody!
The initial idea was to make a "home" for the z2 chars.

Desert stage was meant to recreate Goku vs Vegeta from the Saiyajin saga.
And stages related to the z2 chars cast are top priority  (for example No cell games stage planned since there is no Cell saga related character)

These are mostly all stages ive planned, and it would be great if each one would have a variation:

-Desert / Desert stormy  (Done)  (for Goku vs Vegeta)

-Namek                         (Done)  (for Frieza and possible piccolo)

-Time Chamber/ Time Chamber Night  (in process)  (for neutral, training stage)

-Namek last minutes      (Planned) (for Ssj Goku vs Frieza)

-Sayajin´s Landing         (planned) (for Secret)

-Goku Home                 (planned) (for Goku)

-City                             (planned) (for Gohan z2 if ever happens :P)

-Kami´s Look out            (planned) (for piccolo if ever happens :P)

This does not mean i will make them all, ill see what i can do as time passes, these are mostly my plans rigth now, and they can change XD

DW

#18  December 12, 2012, 01:36:36 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
These stages are really nice. Got the ones released and looking forward to future projects. The HBTC looks great.
#19  December 12, 2012, 01:50:27 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
That's a great list. Best wishes to your endeavors. It'l be awesome to see them in motion!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#20  December 12, 2012, 09:04:27 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Thanks everybody!
The initial idea was to make a "home" for the z2 chars.

Desert stage was meant to recreate Goku vs Vegeta from the Saiyajin saga.
And stages related to the z2 chars cast are top priority  (for example No cell games stage planned since there is no Cell saga related character)

These are mostly all stages ive planned, and it would be great if each one would have a variation:

-Desert / Desert stormy  (Done)  (for Goku vs Vegeta)

-Namek                         (Done)  (for Frieza and possible piccolo)

-Time Chamber/ Time Chamber Night  (in process)  (for neutral, training stage)

-Namek last minutes      (Planned) (for Ssj Goku vs Frieza)

-Sayajin´s Landing         (planned) (for Secret)

-Goku Home                 (planned) (for Goku)

-City                             (planned) (for Gohan z2 if ever happens :P)

-Kami´s Look out            (planned) (for piccolo if ever happens :P)

This does not mean i will make them all, ill see what i can do as time passes, these are mostly my plans rigth now, and they can change XD

Look like I've got a lot of Z2 homework ahead of me...
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME