Z2 Inspired stages! (Read 448393 times)

Started by Daeron, December 11, 2012, 05:37:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Z2 Inspired stages!
#61  January 17, 2013, 12:18:54 am
Awesome!!
#62  January 17, 2013, 12:47:12 am
That is so great man. You should consider adding Chi-Chi raising her hand while she yells or screams to give a expression similiar like "hey don't fight! Gohan is studying!" İcarus could also watch Gohan's room outside the window.
#63  January 17, 2013, 01:22:05 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
What if a Gohan is one day made in Z2 style. It would look awfully stupid to have two Gohans on the same stage, but I do like the "Chichi going nuts" idea. Also, Gohan's pet dragon? Maybe flying around, cheering the fight on or sitting in the tree?
Anyways, excellent work. I love your stages.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#64  January 17, 2013, 01:32:08 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Same issue is present with Chi-Chi was with Gohan Z2, though, as she's present in Goku Z2's win pose and opening.  Best option would be multiple versions, ones with and without her and/or Gohan, but only if you're up for it.

Looks like you've got a good start on them, they look great.  I'd suggest having Piccolo on the roof, either out watching the horizon or watching the fight, but I don't know if he's still a possibility for a character down the line...
#65  January 17, 2013, 02:49:01 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I don't think Daeron will put anyone on the stage because the Time Chamber could of had a handful of people in the background, but went for none instead. So, I'm sticking with Gohan's pet dragon as a perfect idea.
Also, different weather could be nice. Maybe a calm winter version or an autumn version.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:52:31 am by Noctis
#66  January 17, 2013, 07:56:35 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
 :foreveralone:  it's beautiful, what a wonderful suprise :)
#67  January 17, 2013, 10:58:05 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain

Moar progress, Ikarus seems a good choice yeah :D
#68  January 17, 2013, 11:05:40 pm
    • dbdrummer7@gmail.com
That looks really nice Daeron, looking forward to it! :)
#69  January 18, 2013, 12:22:01 am
    • Netherlands
I'm simply amazed, man :) We're proud to have you on the team :D
#70  January 18, 2013, 12:26:57 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
;_; why can't I find people this awesome to do stages for my game. Your stages have been so amazing. Makes me cry when I think about what I'm going to do for stages ;_;

Keep up the good work though.
#71  January 18, 2013, 08:48:56 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA

Moar progress, Ikarus seems a good choice yeah :D

I love you so damn much.  :qq:
What about a slightly fucked up version? Like when someone came looking for Goku in World's Strongest?
#72  January 18, 2013, 08:53:07 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
maybe more random dinosaurs would be nice too. I dunno if you can find them. but like a t rex randomly running in the background or that pterodactyl family from the end of z would be cool. And for a night version, maybe a tub. with chichi soaking in it :3 or you could have her out doing laundry too.
#73  January 18, 2013, 08:57:38 pm
Maybe a barrel of water ontop of an open fire would be cool.
#74  January 18, 2013, 09:01:44 pm
    • Netherlands
A simple smoke animation coming out of the chimney. 
You could probably do lots of fun and random things that come out / pop up from the waterwell.
Will there be another hill in the background, or just sky? Maybe in the background you can even do the field where Goku grows radishes/leek (as seen in the Jump Special).
Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:05:36 pm by Balthazar
#75  January 18, 2013, 09:02:55 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Man Daeron...I don't think I've seen such BG spriting talent since Kiwi and Shin Otaru made that Thundercats stage so long ago.

You are definitely a rare creator to come across and the community is very lucky to have you sharing all this amazing work!

Keep up the awesome buddy.  :2thumbsup:
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#76  January 18, 2013, 09:37:11 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
You could probably do lots of fun and random things that come out / pop up from the waterwell.

i agree! and maybe what about a pterodactyl flying in the back or something like dende in namek... :P awesome stage by the way i always wanted one like this!!!
#77  January 18, 2013, 09:51:41 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Will there be another hill in the background, or just sky? Maybe in the background you can even do the field where Goku grows radishes/leek (as seen in the Jump Special).

Goku the Radish Farmer! :P

What about the stream with the Giant Fish jumping out?

OOOOOOOOOOR you could put the Giant Fish over a fire roasting. Fuck I'm hungry brb.
#78  January 18, 2013, 10:00:56 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
Thanks for the kind words people, i thought about Pterodactyls from the start, i have some dino sprites from Namco x capcom that fits here, but ill try to edit them to look more cartoony.
T-rex would be awesome(i have another from a wolverine stage), but i dont know how it would look  in my stage, some ground shaking as he crosses the screen would be epic.

No chichi was planed, as she appears in  z2 goku´s intro/winpose   BUT i will put something from her :D (its a secret for now)
I could put Goku powerfull staff next to the door, a little fire with some meat cooking its required.

The next layer will be close mountains, you know, that kind of asian mountain:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Oh, and the pics im using as reference:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#79  January 18, 2013, 10:45:53 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Your spritework is wonderful. Thanks for using your talent to provide magnificent stages for Z2 chars to fight on, and more especially for the whole community. :)
#80  January 18, 2013, 11:26:20 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
^ seconded, These stages have been one of the bright spots in my collection of db based stages.