YesNoOk

Interactive exploding objects in stage? (Read 3169 times)

Started by ShiroTori, October 12, 2017, 07:54:47 am
Share this topic:
Interactive exploding objects in stage?
New #1  October 12, 2017, 07:54:47 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Hey everyone, recently I've been working on a stage and the person I'm coding it for wants interactivity added to it.

Is it possible to have items in the stage that explode and damage characters after getting hit a certain amount of times? If so I would love to know how I can accomplish this.
Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:12:28 am by ShiroTori
Re: Interactive exploding objects in stage?
#2  October 12, 2017, 08:44:42 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You can only interact with a stage via a character. With the stagevar trigger you can at least confirm that you're on the right stage, however all interactivity needs to be done with helpers. One player, generally player 1, spawns a bunch of helpers in the right places. These are what you can interact with.

If all they need to do is blow up when players are close that's pretty easy. If they need to blow up when hit that is much harder because by default the player that spawned them is a "friend" and can't hurt them without code changing inside every hitdef, or customisation for states so it knows what it's parent is doing.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  October 15, 2017, 09:39:36 am
    • Canada
Do I need to put the sprites into the character's sff in order for it to work? Also, I should point out that I'm coding this for 1.1.
#4  October 16, 2017, 01:14:50 am
  • Robotics Engineer
    • USA
    • altoiddealer@gmail.com
The sprites, anims, and CNS for the objects must all be in the character

#5  October 16, 2017, 11:11:45 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
If its a full game you can use fightfx.air and .sff as well as the common1.cns for common helpers. If however you are just making a stage for this guy you're out of luck and can't do what he wants

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  October 22, 2017, 10:09:31 am
    • Canada
Yeah, this seems like too much trouble than it's worth. I feel bad that I won't be able to fulfill part of the request, but this stage is meant for normal Mugen use and I want people to enjoy it without hassle.

Thanks for the help nonetheless though guys!