YesNoOk

MVC Stage Collection 2018 by Mazemerald (Read 67393 times)

Started by Inactive user, June 09, 2018, 08:39:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcomnator's MVC Stage Collection 2018
#61  June 13, 2018, 01:48:58 am
  • www.soundcloud.com/acemillion
Capcom u are a beast!
#62  June 13, 2018, 04:18:00 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
It just seems weird that they're all only for 1.1 when at first glance none of them appear to have any 1.1-exclusive features.  Unless the sprites use 32-bit colors, that would make them 1.1-only.

As it is, you either move on to 1.1 or miss out on these stages.

I took a look at one and saw neither 32-bit sprites nor 1.1 exclusive features... hell not even a mugen version label for 1.1. So there isn't really any reason for the 1.1 label (1.0 at best)
#63  June 13, 2018, 04:20:59 am
thank you all like them, i really don´t understand the reason some guys use the 1.0 when already exists the 1.1 and it works with chars and stages 1.0 and 1.1 normally.
you have the possibility of shades,filters and no pixelation sprites beyond to be a modern engine.

i really cheering for the 1.2 soon....
#64  June 13, 2018, 04:23:58 am
It just seems weird that they're all only for 1.1 when at first glance none of them appear to have any 1.1-exclusive features.  Unless the sprites use 32-bit colors, that would make them 1.1-only.

I took a look at one and saw neither 32-bit sprites nor 1.1 exclusive features... hell not even a mugen version label for 1.1. So there isn't really any reason for the 1.1 label (1.0 at best)

these stages are 1.1 only because they don´t work on 1.0, the engine 1.0 doesn´t get to read the palette system without the new files found only into the 1.1 implements.
#65  June 13, 2018, 04:29:02 am
i really can´t understand the prejudice about mugen 1.1 if it´s more modern and stable,am i the only person in the world that use it perfectly,what´s the problem to mugen 1.1, can someone to say it for me?
#66  June 13, 2018, 04:51:58 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

these stages are 1.1 only because they don´t work on 1.0, the engine 1.0 doesn´t get to read the palette system without the new files found only into the 1.1 implements.

I see what you mean, but at the same time the problem is so easily fixable in ff3. You just apply the transparency colour in the image editor in ff3. (which you're using the transparency colour that's assigned to it in any spot and mugen before 1.1 uses the transparency on the top left hand corner) The only thing I see that makes this remotely 1.1 at all is the fact you saved it in sffv2.1 format. You can just save it under the sffv2.0 format aka 1.0 format under ff3 and fix the palettes.

i really can´t understand the prejudice about mugen 1.1 if it´s more modern and stable,am i the only person in the world that use it perfectly,what´s the problem to mugen 1.1, can someone to say it for me?

Not to bog down the thread but I can say a lot of what's wrong with mugen 1.1 but I can give a quick summary of what I've seen

• Mugen 1.1 assumes the user has a good enough PC with decent amount of VRAM (Most office level PCs have only 128mb of VRAM because you only really need the minimum for such work which 1.1 tends to crash a lot due to lack of VRAM. Trust me I had such a computer before it sucks)
  • It crashes randomly (not as bad as winmugen does but still)
  • Batch command launch support is axed
  • Round, KO, DKO, Fight animations stay present in the menu if you immediately exit the match while on the animations (Not sure if it also applies to text displayed however)
#67  June 13, 2018, 04:53:08 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I only use 1.1 cuz I feel it's more stable than 1.0 since 1.0 closes on me with an error after a while, also my project is 1.1 only and I have no plans on ever using 1.0 again.  And 1.1 has NEVER crashed on me with the proper adjustments.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#68  June 13, 2018, 05:10:42 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I only use 1.1 cuz I feel it's more stable than 1.0 since 1.0 closes on me with an error after a while, also my project is 1.1 only and I have no plans on ever using 1.0 again.  And 1.1 has NEVER crashed on me with the proper adjustments.

wait your vs style debuts full game is 1.0? is your full game gonna be 1.1 as well, or as it already been 1.1?
#69  June 13, 2018, 05:27:51 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
it's 1.1 only
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#70  June 13, 2018, 06:41:56 am
  • The other Indian
    • India

Not to bog down the thread but I can say a lot of what's wrong with mugen 1.1 but I can give a quick summary of what I've seen

• Mugen 1.1 assumes the user has a good enough PC with decent amount of VRAM (Most office level PCs have only 128mb of VRAM because you only really need the minimum for such work which 1.1 tends to crash a lot due to lack of VRAM. Trust me I had such a computer before it sucks)
  • Round, KO, DKO, Fight animations stay present in the menu if you immediately exit the match while on the animations (Not sure if it also applies to text displayed however)

None of what you mentioned has ever happened to me, not even once. I have a good setup so point number one won't affect me but other issues should but they haven't. There are many other users here who are 1.1 only users and don't face those problems. Add004 uses batch command launching and works perfectly well.
#71  June 13, 2018, 08:22:33 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA

None of what you mentioned has ever happened to me, not even once. I have a good setup so point number one won't affect me but other issues should but they haven't. There are many other users here who are 1.1 only users and don't face those problems. Add004 uses batch command launching and works perfectly well.
I'm not. For me, projectiles in 1.1 does not appear with certain characters, has compatibility issues with older M.U.G.E.N stages, and is still a beta. I have no plans to switch if there are issues like these.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#72  June 13, 2018, 08:25:57 am
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org

Looking at it again the batch commands do work, but I've had everything else happen to me (especially the first one when I had my old laptop). Still though there isn't really any reason why capcomnator has these 1.1 exclusive when it take little to no effort to down convert them to 1.0 (hell with enough effort you could run this stage in winmugen)

Sure the palette is a bit bugged, all you have to do is reassign the colour that is supposed to the transparency colour in ff3 with the image editor

Not that hard to do honestly. I mean I use 1.1 but that doesn't mean that these stages need to be (which for the most part, are edits, hell Dormmamu's stage is just Genesis from world heros perfect with a dungeon fighter online dragon in it  ¬_¬ )
Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 08:30:46 am by Amidweiz
#73  June 13, 2018, 10:11:12 am
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/

Not me  ;D
#74  June 13, 2018, 10:20:49 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Just wanted to say congrats on all your stage releases.

lui

#75  June 13, 2018, 10:27:03 am
    • USA

with some quick editing it's totally possible for these stages to work in 1.0 or regular screenpacks with no issues whatsoever.

i can make patches for em to work in 1.0 and regular screenpacks perhaps
#76  June 13, 2018, 11:50:25 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Such edits would be appreciated, provided there's enough demand for them to make them worth doing.
#77  June 13, 2018, 12:09:12 pm
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil

with some quick editing it's totally possible for these stages to work in 1.0 or regular screenpacks with no issues whatsoever.

i can make patches for em to work in 1.0 and regular screenpacks perhaps

Pleeeeease.
Lasagna
#78  June 13, 2018, 05:25:41 pm
why are the sprites filtered and blured ? whats the point they just look washed out, if they were not stages would be much better. as for 1.1 and 1.0, 1.0 runs at 30 fps for me 1.1 runs smooth and ive never experinced any of the issues mentioned here
Hsien-ko Stage - Crystal Ruins - DARKSTALKERS
#79  June 13, 2018, 07:26:53 pm
Hsien-ko Stage - Crystal Ruins - DARKSTALKERS

a stage based on Darkstalkers series and CPS2

animated = yes
mugen = 1.1 only
resolution = 420,240
fake widescreen = yes
super jump = yes
delta = yes
parallax = yes

enjoy and having fun!!!

Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:43:08 am by Mazemerald.
Sagat Stage - Mekong River Temple - STREET FIGHTER ALPHA
#80  June 13, 2018, 07:51:28 pm
Sagat Stage - Mekong River Temple - STREET FIGHTER ALPHA

a stage based on STREET FIGHTER Series and CPS2

animated = yes
mugen = 1.1 only
resolution = 420,240
fake widescreen = yes
super jump = yes
delta = yes
parallax = yes

enjoy and having fun!!!

Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:46:04 am by Mazemerald.