YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Read 734300 times)

Started by GTOAkira, March 09, 2018, 12:23:32 am
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate
#281  June 18, 2018, 09:24:21 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Is it wrong that I think Bomberman being an Assist Trophy was the best way to implement him? He lays bombs and runs away, which works perfectly for this sort of thing.
I think for what they've done it's as good as it can possibly be as an assist trophy to his character, but with things like Bomberman Quest to draw from, there's so much more they can do to truly make him a full-fledged playable character.  Alas, not this time, it seems.  Shame, I love Bomberman and would love to play as him.

I dunno about Tails, he'd seem even more out of place with Sonic's breakdancing fighting moves pasted on top of him than Shadow would.
#282  June 18, 2018, 09:31:47 pm
Pretty sure edgy emo fanbase >>>> child furry fanbase.

edit
Sonic's fanbase is cancer. All characters. All games. There is no better side with them...
That is so not the point.
||
V
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:24:11 pm by Byakko
#283  June 18, 2018, 10:16:30 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Sonic's fanbase is cancer. All characters. All games. There is no better side with them...

Bomberman Hero, Bomberman 93', Generation, Dream Mix T.V., both 64s, Pocket, all 5 Super games, and even the first game all have things that could be used for a complete moveset. I prefer him as an assist if Smash Flash 2 and Crusade is any indication on how he would play though...
#284  June 19, 2018, 12:07:30 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#285  June 19, 2018, 12:21:04 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I hoping that the echo fighters will have more changes to differentiate them from their originals this time.
#286  June 19, 2018, 12:53:44 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Just found this compilation of Zelda's new victory poses:

I have to say, what they've done with Zelda this time looks great.   Zelda's always been the most boring character in Smash to me because she always had no personality; Her face was expressionless and all of her movements were so reserved.  But now she's more expressive and vibrant than she's ever been.

The sheer level of quality of life improvements being made to this game is remarkable.
#287  June 19, 2018, 01:50:27 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Tails has the ability to fly while Sonic doesn't. I noticed that Dillon is absent from the lineup of Assist trophies this time. I wonder if they're gonna consider giving him the same treatment they gave Little Mac...
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:03:54 am by DarkWolf13
#288  June 19, 2018, 03:01:17 am
    • USA
I'm of two minds with what they did with Zelda.  One the one hand, I enjoy all the various versions of her and what they bring to the table, A Link Between Worlds included.  However, Twilight Princess either ties with Ocarina of Time or otherwise beats it as my favorite iteration of her both for design and story purposes.  And yet, Person Man's totally on the money, they gave her a whole new breath of life with Smash Ultimate.

That said
Zelda's always been the most boring character in Smash to me because she always had no personality; Her face was expressionless and all of her movements were so reserved.
...So she was acting like Zelda?  I mean, beyond the times when she's a child, that's kinda her role as ruler.

Zelda here reminds me of the case of Olimar with Alph though, and when they already have the model on hand, why not just offer different skins for the characters?  Mario's got, like, half a dozen now.

So I just had a rather out there idea.  Not much to back it, but just considering that Mr. Saturn they left up on the key artwork for the game.  He seems to be the only out of place character in it, and as funny as it could be to image him upgraded to a full character, I wonder if instead he's a placeholder because there's another Mother character that he's supposed to be with.  Kinda like how before Ridley was announced, the Duck Hunt Dog was just kinda floating in the air, then they changed it online to have Ridley in the picture.

I would suppose then the most logical choice to keep with the protagonist theme would be Ninten, but Mother 1 didn't involve the Mr. Saturns, right?  So I wonder if instead, they're addressing the lack of villains like they did with Ridley, and might go with the Mother series most infamous opponent; Giygas.  Or more fittingly, Giegue, his physical form.

Kinda farfetched, I know, it is just the Pikmin carrying a Mr. Saturn away on there, but just imagining it now, having the psycodelic Giygas background as a stage or even better a Final Smash, I'd totally be down for it.  Could model him up as an echo character after Mewtwo, since plenty have noticed the similarities in the past.
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:47:59 am by Long John Killer
#289  June 19, 2018, 03:52:40 am
    • USA
Zelda's always been the most boring character in Smash to me because she always had no personality; Her face was expressionless and all of her movements were so reserved.
...So she was acting like Zelda?  I mean, beyond the times when she's a child, that's kinda her role as ruler.
I just mean she always looked so bored.  Even the ultra-serious type characters like Samus or Marth at least looked like they were enjoying themselves.  Zelda always looked bored out of her skull before now.

So I just had a rather out there idea.  Not much to back it, but just considering that Mr. Saturn they left up on the key artwork for the game.  He seems to be the only out of place character in it, and as funny as it could be to image him upgraded to a full character, I wonder if instead he's a placeholder because there's another Mother character that he's supposed to be with.  Kinda like how before Ridley was announced, the Duck Hunt Dog was just kinda floating in the air, then they changed it online to have Ridley in the picture.

I would suppose then the most logical choice to keep with the protagonist theme would be Ninten, but Mother 1 didn't involve the Mr. Saturns, right?  So I wonder if instead, they're addressing the lack of villains like they did with Ridley, and might go with the Mother series most infamous opponent; Giygas.  Or more fittingly, Giegue, his physical form.

Kinda farfetched, I know, but just imagining it now, having the psycodelic Giygas background as a stage, I'd totally be down for it.  Could model him up as an echo character after Mewtwo, since plenty have noticed the similarities in the past.

Much as I'd love another Mother character, I think it's supposed to be a joke that the pikmin are mistaking Mr. Saturn for Olimar because of its bald head and big nose.

But now that you mention it holy shit what I wouldn't give for a Cave of the Past stage with the Giygas battle theme as the BGM.
#290  June 19, 2018, 04:00:39 am
    • USA
I kinda imagine Zelda would be bored, being the surrogate of Wisdom itself, knowing all.  I dunno, seemed in character to me.

And yeah, I edited my post before you finished.  I figured it could just boil down to that, a sight gag at the Pikmin carrying something similar to Olimar.  But we got months to theorize and I'm throwing my ballot into the ring.
#291  June 19, 2018, 04:05:09 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Yeah, so apparently this is happening.

#292  June 19, 2018, 04:31:10 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
How much of the Waluigi sperging we've seen in the last few days is just memes and how much is genuine fanboyism?
#293  June 19, 2018, 04:37:16 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
Alright, say you only had 5 more newcomers. Who would "You" want to see?

Mine;
- King K. Rool. (DK)
- Dixie Kong. (DK)
- Lip. (Panel De Pon)
- Black Shadow. (F-Zero)
- Isaac or Geno. (Golden Sun/Super Mario RPG)

here's mine:

any gen 7 pokemon capable of being playable, like decidueye
simon belmont
crash bandicoot
any other member of the kong family like dixie kong
any digimon like renamon
Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 05:20:56 am by drewski90
#294  June 19, 2018, 04:41:28 am
    • USA
#295  June 19, 2018, 04:50:15 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
#296  June 19, 2018, 05:05:03 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Blast it all! Seeing Princess Zelda from The Legends of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds makes me pant after her Lorule counterpart, Princess Hilda.
#297  June 19, 2018, 05:06:52 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Yeah, so apparently this is happening.

Man, and I thought those Ridley fans are bad. This is nuts.

Although, did something like this happens the last time there is a Smash game in the works?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#298  June 19, 2018, 08:29:37 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Just found this compilation of Zelda's new victory poses:

I have to say, what they've done with Zelda this time looks great.   Zelda's always been the most boring character in Smash to me because she always had no personality; Her face was expressionless and all of her movements were so reserved.  But now she's more expressive and vibrant than she's ever been.

The sheer level of quality of life improvements being made to this game is remarkable.

I'm just hoping Zelda is actually viable now because she's a fun character to use until you remember that her recovery move is stupid punishable if you don't immediately grab a ledge and Side-B puts her in a helpless fall state for some reason.
#299  June 19, 2018, 11:47:40 am
Gee, again with this Waluigi as assist BS...
Just be glad that he's in the game and you can knock these assists down. When I saw that moment and I wasn't surprised on that. Good thing that his hands aren't blocky anymore he had in Brawl and Wii U/3DS. All I can say is this:
Once a Assist Trophy, always a Assist Trophy.

Previously on Smash Bros Wii U/3DS
Seadragon77 said:
Another thread is about how the pic of the day made his little brother cry. I shit you not.

I bet he's crying again.

#300  June 19, 2018, 01:20:20 pm
    • USA
Today's blog post about the black hole item has what looks like the new Final Destination in it as well: