YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 18349397 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle/One Minute Melee
#1501  June 15, 2017, 03:01:28 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
DBZ Drinking game:  Take a shot every time a character comes back "10 times as strong as the last time we fought!!" and then proceeds to have the exact same fight but with a slight advantage.

Be dead of alcohol poisoning by the end of the Frieza saga.
#1502  June 15, 2017, 01:42:34 pm
    • UK
Called it, seth debunked already
#1503  June 16, 2017, 12:29:49 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
That guy's not inherently wrong in his debunking videos, but he's such a narcissistic jerk in his reproach so often it's hard to really support.  We get it, Screw Attack is pretty bad at being accurate, they're not scum of the Earth.  I get mad at their nonsense sometimes too but chill.

Minus the attitude, he briefly mentions a few things that I had mentioned as well that I figured SA would forgo like the crossing Namek feat and their extreme downplaying of blasts in DBZ, plus the new puzzler of energy absorption which just isn't a thing for her so yeah...his take is a bit more accurate, if less professionally presented.  Regarding SA's possibly wrong information on Carol though, it seems Seth here is using Binary's stats prior to her losing the form and it taking a deep permanent dive in power, so it seems pointless?  Not to mention maybe cracking the speed of light limit is still so way slower than 18 it doesn't matter, like, at all?
#1504  June 16, 2017, 12:35:59 am
    • USA
That looks and sounds like some opportunistic dickweed trying to score free views by pandering to fans of whichever side lost the last Death Battle.  Why should anyone believe that this gaggle of nasally nobodies is any more well-researched or less biased than Screw Attack?
#1505  June 16, 2017, 02:51:08 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
New Superpower Beatdown

#1506  June 16, 2017, 11:11:52 pm
    • UK
That looks and sounds like some opportunistic dickweed trying to score free views by pandering to fans of whichever side lost the last Death Battle.  Why should anyone believe that this gaggle of nasally nobodies is any more well-researched or less biased than Screw Attack?

but dude, he covers both sides capabilities equally. this isn't fanboy rage, he's legit calling out SA on their flaws in research. unless....you actually think 18 is as strong as she was in the android saga only... he also makes analysis videos on how strong characters are and how well they'd be against others( taking actual character mentality into consideration instead of SA's "they must have a blood lust")
#1507  June 17, 2017, 06:39:20 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Yeah.. I dunno if it's his mic or if it's just his voice but I cudnt listen more than 5 minutes... not to mention their whole delivery of their research comes across incredibly prudish
#1508  June 17, 2017, 06:52:52 am
  • how a neko rolls
    • www.nekoarcchaos666.webs.com
Their opening alone sorta triggers me. Given how he complains about 18 flinching to boulders doesnt make it any better.

Besides, its not like Carol has alot of fans right now anyway so no one is gonna really rage about it.
#1509  June 19, 2017, 11:29:09 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
So, while it's still not the way I would have gone about finding their speeds, Screw Attack opened up and admitted to their calculations being wrong on 18.  It's a pinned comment in the video itself, but I'll just leave a quote here just in case.

Uh oh! We realized we didn't calculate Android 18's speed correctly.

- SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!! -

She's actually much faster! While this doesn't affect the results, we'd still like to address this. She can actually travel over 15,300,000 miles per hour.

Time to show our work! In Dragon Ball, measurable feats are few and far between. For "Goku VS Superman" we developed the Gravity Formula to determine Goku's potential based on gravity training at certain points in the series. It's not perfect or exact, but it's the closest we could get to something concrete while avoiding vague speculation. In the Buu saga near the end of DBZ, Goku at base wears weights equivalent to 586x gravity, so we can apply that as comparison for feats related to other gravity training periods. His flight over Snake Way after 10x gravity training clocked him at 6,800 mph. Thus, after training on Earth (1x gravity) before training with King Kai, he could theoretically move up to around 680 mph. If that seems slow to you, remember this is travel speed & not reaction time.

In order to determine 18's speed, we can apply the same ideas. She's shown to be physically equal to Vegeta in first-grade Super Saiyan 1 form. She's likely superior, but the difference isn't very apparent and she primarily wins by tiring him out while relying on her unlimited energy source. While we are wary of rudimentary & unrestrained power scaling, Goku & Vegeta are clearly similar enough for us to directly compare without much concern. Prior to fighting 18, Vegeta's training capped at 450x gravity. (We can reasonably assume further gravity increases can be applied to second grade & full power SSJ1 forms, but that's unrelated to this.) Also, a Super Saiyan 1 transformation is well documented to increase a Saiyan's power 50 times that of their Base Form for the duration of the new form's use.

Therefore, the formula is "680 mph x 50 x 450"
(Base Saiyan speed at 1x gravity) x (Super Saiyan increase) x (Vegeta's max gravity training at the time)

And this gives us the answer that Vegeta, during the Android Saga, could travel at least 15,300,000 miles per hour. (24623000 km/hr) Thus, Android 18 should be  similar. Keep in mind that the formula obviously takes a simplified look at DBZ physics to avoid presumptuous complications, and the conclusion is ultimately an estimation. Vegeta could be slower than this and 18 is likely faster to some degree. We don't have enough data to pinpoint the exact number. However, we're working with numbers so large at this point that a couple additional ten-thousand-miles-per-hour here or there doesn't really change much, and this is as far as we can get without relying on speculation and assumption. We'd like to apologize about accidentally misrepresenting 18's speed. It certainly wasn't our intention. Luckily, this error doesn't affect the result, which is probably why it was missed in review. We know many fans appreciate their favorite characters being represented correctly, and we'll continue to make that a priority. If you have further questions, we'll answer what we can here or you can direct them to @BenBSinger on Twitter. We should cover this on this week's Death Battle Cast as well. Thank you for understanding, and we hope you enjoy our next episode!

While I still am highly against their formula, at least that's something good on them.
#1510  June 21, 2017, 07:30:12 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
Metal Sonic
#1511  June 25, 2017, 02:59:11 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA

#1512  June 28, 2017, 11:13:34 pm
    • USA
Objectively cooler robot:

#1513  July 01, 2017, 08:27:27 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009

And with this, season 5 of OMM starts:

#1514  July 01, 2017, 08:36:00 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Damn, that was legit. Good trading, kept me guessing who was gonna come out on top.

Don't like the new show intro, though, the old one had better music and was straight to the point
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1515  July 01, 2017, 09:42:18 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
^Pretty much what I was going to say. Great fight, but the new intro kinda sucks.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#1516  July 01, 2017, 10:09:10 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
I see Shovel Knight and Shantae in the roster!!! Can't wait to see them fight someday!
#1517  July 05, 2017, 01:43:28 pm
    • UK
Shantaes probably gonna fight fillia from skullgirls what with the hair
and meta knight for shovel knight......since....knights
#1518  July 05, 2017, 04:02:32 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
hmm Vergil vs Sephiroth rematch? that would be awesome
and Guts vs Kirito......I want Guts to murder his ass so bad lmao

as for the gohan vs superboy fight It was intense I wasn't sure who was gonna win but I am happy about the outcome also the Kamehameha and heat vision was dope
#1519  July 05, 2017, 05:17:04 pm
  • Suika cute
    • sites.google.com/site/roysquadrocks/
Shantaes probably gonna fight fillia from skullgirls what with the hair
and meta knight for shovel knight......since....knights
I really doubt it. Since Shantae and Shovel Knight are the two most popular indie characters in the series, it's most likely that there will be a Shantae vs Shovel Knight match some day. *crosses fingers*
Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 05:31:46 pm by RoySquadRocks
#1520  July 05, 2017, 09:18:45 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Eggman vs Wily rematch

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty