YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 2542117 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2261  March 18, 2018, 07:48:42 pm
    • USA
Uhm, hello there. I generally go by Alicia, and I'm sort of new to the whole M.U.G.E.N. thing. Though, I'm a little afraid to say anything more then that. The last forum I spoke in banned be for attempting to respectfully disagree with an event they were holding that singled people out... and that's sort of soured my view of all of this so far. I'm hoping being here will help change that view point though.
#2262  March 24, 2018, 09:11:32 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
What's the best way to get better in M.U.G.E.N?  its just literally fun trying to learn the game mechanics.
@JavierR100: You'll want to use 1 vs 2 mechanic. Go into Team Arcade and pick single for you and simul for the cpu. You should be able to beat 2 cpu characters with enough practice and a decent character.

For the other guys that got banned on the other forums. We do ban people that dont follow the rules. Just read the sticky topics in each of the sub-forums to make sure you're following them. We don't like people who talk trash. This is a forum for helping people make mugen awesome. Do that and you'll enjoy it here. =]
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#2263  April 02, 2018, 04:41:16 am
    • USA
Hi, I'm just a guy.  I made some stuff for Mugen a long time ago.  For some reason I'm making stuff again.  I've been a fan of Mugen 1.1 since the alpha leaks.  I have no idea how people live without hardware scaling, much less the AILevel trigger.

My mugen resume:
A couple of bonus stages
A couple of Fatal Fury 3 stages
Jotei Senki 4 stage pack
Several CPS beatemup enemies
Conversion of Fred's AOF2 Mr. Big into AOF1 Mr. Big
Crappy 4-button KOF-ish edit of RB2 Krauser
Demongorne's CVS AOF1 Ryo/Mr.Karate made to resemble a playable character
Really boring screenpack
...and probably much more tripe, but I can't remember.

Also, post count +1

S1N

#2264  April 07, 2018, 05:33:51 am
  • Noob
    • USA
Do I have to reintroduce myself again? I already did in mugenfreeforall.com ? I go by the name of DragNDrop you could hear my story from there since now im part of this community ive downloaded over 3000 stages and characters and i cant wait to have a laptop to create 500 chars! Which is my epic goal...
I have already over 100 character sprites and about 40 stages still in development..
#2265  April 08, 2018, 10:33:04 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
S1N I feel the same way. I have 19 or so characters that need attention but right now I'm focusing on 2 or 3. I personally dont go to MFFA that often. It's up to you if you feel like reintroducing yourself. Most people wont know 2 different user names are the same person.
#2266  April 20, 2018, 09:42:02 pm
    • USA
Yo, my name is Jaysen and I have been a fan of M.U.G.E.N for a long time. I actually have had a MUGEN fighting game years ago but I lost everything and looking to start over. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
#2267  April 22, 2018, 01:53:17 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@jaysenfoster78: This will become your best friend for a while.
http://network.mugenguild.com/guild/start.html
Explore it a bit. You may notice some people on the forum have little trophies under their avatar. Depending on what it's for you may want to pay attention to the developer that has it. When you look for characters in that link you'll know they're a little higher quality if the dev has made more than 1 character. Character of the Month lists some of the best characters to come out. http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/character-month-march-2018-nominations-183413.0.html
Keep an eye open and see if a character sparks your interest. It's another good way to find great characters. CotM suggestions and voting are usually linked at the "top" of the forum's main page.

Another thing you can do is head over to the Releases and click on Character or Screen Pack or whatever you're looking for.
#2268  April 23, 2018, 06:32:57 am
    • USA
Hello people of MFG im Skilli and Ive started playing mugen for 5 years. Right now im a beginner coder and spriter and im currently working on future character projects.
#2269  April 23, 2018, 07:22:08 am
  • El Chanfle
  • Latino Americano, Young Generation & Drawist
    • Mexico
Hello people of MFG im Skilli and Ive started playing mugen for 5 years. Right now im a beginner coder and spriter and im currently working on future character projects.

Same for me dude! Wish you luck with your future projects.

"Survival of the fittest is nature's way!"

S1N

#2270  April 23, 2018, 04:59:17 pm
  • Noob
    • USA
Thanks man either way.
#2271  April 29, 2018, 01:44:01 am
  • I am Valor! I am Strength!
  • Whats going on eerybody its ya boy keith!
    • USA
Whats going on everyone! Its ya boy Keith here finally getting off my lazy butt and diving head first into the world of game design. I have loved fighting games since i was playing Mortal Kombat 2 at six,  and Street fighter 4 molded that love into a roaring inferno. I have seen the rise and fall of capcom in recent years so i want to mix up the scene a little bit and do what i can to support and build the community. My final goal would be becoming a game publisher so I can oversee production and design since I'm not the best at coding or drawing; if any of my senpai's could email me some tips or stories of where they tried then failed/succeeded i would be very appreciative. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and if your ever in the mood for a fighterZ match my psn is keithusnma. Arigatou Gosaimasu (Twitch too btw ;) )
So we Throwing hands or what? (Twitch.tv/keithusnma)
#2272  May 01, 2018, 07:14:41 am
    • molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
Hi there, I only got into Mugen recently, but I've fallen very deep into the rabbit hole to the point where I'm now trying my hand as a creator. I've been aware of its existence for a few years now, but never imagined myself getting this invested in it. Especially since I never grew up playing fighting games in the first place.

I first got very interested in Mugen when a Youtuber called Joel from Vinesauce had a fan Mugen game created for him by a creator called Brergrsart. I thought it was overall hilarious. When I looked up Brergrsart and found his webpage, he mentioned that all this characters are showcased in a Twitch Streaming website called Spriteclub. I ended up visiting that stream regularly because I liked seeing thousands upon thousands of different Mugen characters from all sort of creators duke it out in various matchmaking arenas.

As I started to mingle and become more familiar with the community, I started to get more and more interested in trying my hand at making a Mugen character myself. Once I got an idea to make a series of characters based on an web game I play often, that's when I really got into it. I looked up various tutorials online and got help and feedback from the veteran creators of the Spriteclub community (and even from Brergrsart himeself), and after about a month in time, I was able to create and release a character to showcase on Spriteclub stream.
It isn't the most sophisticated character or anything like that, but it was interesting for viewers to watch. It was a well received debut and an overall great success that made me really happy. So I'm already looking forward to making more Mugen content in the future (and I'm already nearly finished with a 2nd one.)

I plan to make a release post on these forums soon for it. I hope to receive some feedback that will make future content a lot more interesting for the future!
A website I use for keeping track of Mugen Content I uploaded:
https://molomowmugen.wixsite.com/fkgmugen
#2273  May 13, 2018, 06:06:38 pm
    • USA
Hey everyone. I am a new member here and plan to contribute in whatever way I can.  :8):
#2274  May 23, 2018, 06:34:59 pm
    • USA
Hello! I am QuarterMain HeroBlast!

I am an avid gamer and a budding artist and writer, and I am hoping to use MUGEN as a starting point in a career of video game or fighting game development. I feel I have plenty of ideas that I wish to share, and feel that I'll fit right in!
#2275  May 23, 2018, 07:40:00 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
@MoloMowChow: Post in Projects when you get your characters going. Make sure you read the sticky on what should be in projects first. If you need any technical help with making them, post in Dev Help.

Welcome to the forum guys!
#2276  May 24, 2018, 12:38:21 am
    • USA
Hello all I’m Ryan and I remember using mugen like 20? Years ago. I’m back into it because I’m a life long martial artist and I’ve always wanted to create my own fighting game. I have zero talent and know nothing when it comes to creating mugen stuff. So I just end up changing characters display names, height, width, and stats. Pretending they’re my characters LOL!

I run a business and mugen is a great stress release!

I also enjoy openbor!

#2277  May 29, 2018, 02:08:45 pm
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Well Its been awhile peeps don't know if any of you guys remember me.

N_N

#2278  June 24, 2018, 02:09:59 am
  • ViktorVaughN_N
    • USA
Hello everybody! I've actually been here before (about 7 years ago), but because of me losing my password and the e-mail for the account being long dead, I've decided to come back.

that, and my original account was full of nothing but regret
#2279  June 24, 2018, 12:55:51 pm
    • Brazil
    • https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100074220240917
Hello everybody! I've actually been here before (about 7 years ago), but because of me losing my password and the e-mail for the account being long dead, I've decided to come back.

that, and my original account was full of nothing but regret

hi hi-yo
#2280  July 05, 2018, 10:50:34 pm
  • ?
    Hi Mugenguild,

• Mugen fan, would like to create new content
    • Mostly play Street fighter (SFA3,SF3S,SFV).
    • Learning Dota2

I really seem to enjoy...
    • (Charlie/Nash)P.O.T.S
    • (Evil Ken)Reuben Kee
      • (The World of Mugen)Spectra/Toxic
      • (Lifebars)Devon

Here's to looking forward to being part of the Mugen community! Cheers!!!

Clip of me playing Gen SFA3. skip to 1:44.
[/list]