YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1085928 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#5001  April 18, 2017, 07:15:09 am
  • Winmugen FTW
    • El Salvador
Logan- Better than i expected. Lots of emotion. More than most of the previous Xmen related films.  Id say hugh jackmans best performance in an xmen film. The gore and violence was a lot but was to be expected with the R rating. All in ALL id say my favorite Xmen to date.
#5002  April 18, 2017, 08:05:45 am
Logan

Might be my favorite movie ever. I don't watch movies much and it kinda blew my mind, definitely the best superhero movie in my opinion. I saw other people praise Hugh but I really have to give it to Patrick Stewart. Might have been the performance of his career.

Shit's real good. I cried unmanly tears.
#5003  April 18, 2017, 11:35:16 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
The Fate of the Furious

I'm not a big movie watcher anymore and I've only seen the first two FnF movies (which I really enjoyed way back when) so I'm not too versed in this series. That said, this movie was an absolute hoot.

Two things I wanted coming out of this though:
1. A Hobbs/Shaw odd couples movie
and
2. A Mr. Nobody movie, because Kurt Russell is awesome and needs some action scenes, or at least some cool spy scenes come on.
#5004  April 22, 2017, 06:49:55 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
Split

Finally got to see this movie, I was so excited since Shyamalan nas been making a comeback as of late and this new film of his proves that that comeback is real. I loved plenty of things about it, James McAvoy is excellent in it and he portraits each of his alternate personalidade well and convincingly and Anya Taylor Joy was fantastic too.

One of the main things I liked about the movie was how the characters were great and had depth to them, they don't feel like cardboard cut out characters or anything.

As for issues, the beginning is probably a bit slow as well as some of the middle, but even then the characters are well written to the point where you become invested in them.

Also, the post credits scene is, no exaggeration, the best one I've seen in a while (spoilers below).

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

8.5/10
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
#5005  May 10, 2017, 02:09:02 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
Alien: covenant

scary movie mainly because the crew of this space expedition are completely unbelievable... 
#5006  May 10, 2017, 03:00:29 pm
  • SNK is life
Suspension of disbelief aside, is it any good?

I'mma watch it anyway, I just want to have reasons to be excited :P
#5007  May 11, 2017, 03:00:33 am
Suspension of disbelief aside, is it any good?

I'mma watch it anyway, I just want to have reasons to be excited :P

did you ask me walt?

if so then, yes, it is scary, and pretty gory.
but... well since you probably have watched the trailer anyway, the landing crew to this unknown planet are less equipped than probably a national geography expedition to africa... none wear helmet or at least gloves, and the weapon are pretty conventional (abysmal)
 http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Alien:_Covenant
which is strange since it is a sequel to prometheus, after a failed expedition like that I think it is only logical if the next one would be less naively prepared.

a random new kind of flu could wipe off the entire crew
#5008  May 11, 2017, 04:56:11 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
I already talked about this for far, far too long in the MCU thread, but I'll just add this: I do not care about Baby Groot and almost every scene involving the character could've been removed (except that one involving him fetching the various objects, that one was good)  and the movie would've been better for it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of regular Groot, but Baby Groot is a whole bunch of nothing. How's about giving Gamora an actual character instead?

Batman & Bill
I didn't know this movie existed until I saw it on the Hulu homepage, a few days after it premiered on the very same site. (it's available right here!). And boy oh boy am I glad I came across it, cuz it's good as hell. It's a documentary about Bill Finger, the co-creator of Batman, and how he got stiffed out of money and credit by the other co-creator of Batman, Bob Kane, a complete and utter hack who didn't actually contribute anything besides the name "Bat-man". It's a very sad story (Finger died penniless and alone in the early 70s, while Kane parlayed his creation to relatively great fame and fortune), a story that I thought I knew the basic details about. But this documentary continued to shock me with newly uncovered revelations and other surprises. I was either on the verge of tears or just straight up ugly sobbing throughout the entire movie; the revelation of what happened to Finger's body was especially emotionally devastating.

It's real real real good. I really can't recommend it enough.
#5009  June 05, 2017, 12:53:59 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Wonder Woman

This movie was a very good superhero movie, and I'm glad DC finally has one of those under its belt this decade. Gal Gadot is a treasure, and Chris Pine is so likeable
It's got a beating heart and a clear focus and theme, which is probably down to its director who I can only hope becomes a central voice of input on this universe moving forward.

That being said, it devolves into the same old Sturm und Drang in its last 20 or so minutes which is unfortunate in a movie like say, Guardians 2 but is almost heartbreaking here. I wish these movies could figure out their endings a little better than people flying at each other amidst explosions.

Fighting for your rights/Old red white and bluuuuue
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#5010  June 05, 2017, 04:08:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Wonder Woman
It's really fucking good. One could even say it was... wonderful.

I had a few quibbles with it, but it was ultimately a great watch. It was so, so thrilling to see the character on the big screen, without compromising any aspect of the character, without any reluctance to show sincerity or hope.

This movie was a very good superhero movie, and I'm glad DC finally has one of those under its belt this decade. Gal Gadot is a treasure, and Chris Pine is so likeable
#5011  June 15, 2017, 01:30:03 am
dunno why WW get so hyped, it was just Capt. America with tits and comedy.

I'm not a hater, it was a fine movie, and I appreciate how the bust armor is modeled with feminine look with curve and breast and everything, unlike how lately video games desexualized armor designs.
#5012  June 17, 2017, 12:04:22 am
  • SNK is life
Why? Because it's the first superhero movie with a Female Lead. Just like this year we'll have the first Marvel Movie based on a Black Super hero. It's all about the milestones.
#5013  June 17, 2017, 12:16:36 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#5014  June 17, 2017, 04:06:25 am
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Elektra never happened.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#5015  June 17, 2017, 04:26:40 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Was thinking the old Supergirl movie personally (even if that's a guilty pleasure).
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#5016  June 17, 2017, 06:25:17 am
#5017  June 21, 2017, 06:49:18 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The Mummy

Yeah, I didn't like it at all, and I admit I'm a bit bitter here, I was a fan of The Mummy movies and while they had their flaws, I still had fun watching them. I thought the last one would be the lowest point but oh boy I wish I could go back to the past and tell my past self of how wrong I was for thinking this.
#5018  June 26, 2017, 02:09:21 am
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Resident Evil Vendetta
Spoiler: The good (click to see content)
Spoiler: The Bad (click to see content)

This is a giant dissapointment compared to the CGI movie with Claire tbh
Plot is like a bad fanfiction
Characters just appear and then they're suddenly gone and not important anymore.

Watch this with yo mates for a good laugh
Try to guess cliches . One up each other
Or just watch it on your own and hope that the live action reboot won't suck
edit:Made every 2nd bad part be bold for easier reading
Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:16:24 am by Erroratu
#5019  June 27, 2017, 12:37:09 am
  • SNK is life
#5020  July 02, 2017, 12:35:22 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Baby Driver

This is a cool, cool movie. It's got a strong soundtrack, the car stunts are some of the best around, it's got a strong heart and when it gets to moving it can't be stopped. I like Edgar Wright movies and this definitely feels like and Edgar Wright movie, but damn if this doesn't feel like the Dempsey Roll he's been building up to for over a decade. The kinetics of the Cornetto movies combined with the musical soul of Scott Pilgrim with a little Reynolds and McQueen for flavoring. Catch it if you can.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah/Do the Harlem Shuffle
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time