YesNoOk

NETMugen TE Revival - mugen online/Ikemen Project (Read 67717 times)

Started by TheFclass97, June 30, 2015, 10:24:13 pm
Share this topic:
NETMugen TE Revival - mugen online/Ikemen Project
#1  June 30, 2015, 10:24:13 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
I usually posted this project in places like IMT and MFFA, but I decided to just grow a pair and try this site... let's hope it goes....ok....

HERE IT IS! After long waited (by practically no one), the new mugen online project! With new balancing, screenpack, characters and stages. In addition to some tweaking to the netcode. When you download the game, make sure you download it as a zip!!! To do that, you should have a blue download button, and then another menu will appear with the option to download as zip. So you don't have to download any of them individually.
I never had a tutorial or any help learning how this stuff works (from learning to balance things while keeping characters interesting and fun, learning to code, make screenpacks, etc.), but I believe I may have came a long way...

This project includes:

- WAY better balancing
- Roster changes
- Mostly even system mechanics to prevent mechanic clashing while also keeping the classic Mugen touch
- Multiple edits and changes to the ikemen engine to improve look, feel and netplay.
- MUCH more careful testing
- Better competitive play
- More "innovative" use and upgrades to the overall Ikemen engine
- Online tag (without debugs using UnoTag system)
- DLC & patches
- Upcoming Online Tournament

What's to be expected in future installments?

- Better upgrades, DLC and patches with the use of Dropbox
- New challengers and stages
- And most importantly... a more dedicated community

If you got any questions, feel free to post them! Hope to see you in the servers!

Video Showings/Examples - Just added patch (including the tag system. most recent version 6/30/2015)

In-depth details of how updates are covered (previous versions) -

Some gameplay footage -

And much more are in my youtube channel (TheFclass97) hope you enjoy...

We also have a official skype group (Add my skype to be part of it). - Skype name: PRB AUC | TheFclass97

- Full game:

MEGA Link - https://mega.nz/#!JRYmyZrb!0TFVdAKWf3XLcx7zYzVuabN02Jbh09OUhWzSuGUzon8
Mediafire Link - https://www.mediafire.com/?65kk6eg1b2vddu0

Patch (1.0.5.1) - http://puu.sh/qGiqD/a6de070122.zip
Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:38:43 am by TheFclass97
Re: NETMugen TE Revival - mugen online/Ikemen Project
#2  July 01, 2015, 01:38:50 am
    • USA
Very interesting indeed. I'll  be checking this out.
#3  July 01, 2015, 01:57:13 am
  • still a shitposter at heart
    • USA
this is gun b gud!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
When christans be on thot patrol...

whores need to learn to keep their legs closed.
#4  July 01, 2015, 02:31:05 am
    • Puerto Rico
#5  July 01, 2015, 06:50:23 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I noticed you are using the 2012 version of ikemen. Any reason for that? I say this because a lot of the issues that have plagued the system have been fixed since then in the 2015 version.

I've always been interested in changing the select screen etc, but the developer has made a few changes(I'm currently looking into..) so things work different than before. If we can figure it out it'd open the door to say screenpacks for ikemen etc.

Actually, it was one of the 2014 builds (if I can remember). At this point, I already figured out how Ikemen works for screenpacks (way more beyond something like the select screen), as shown in the project where I made a main menu, short intro, screen for the netplay, netcode, etc. The thing issue, no one wants to work with ikemen, and it's a damn shame since there is SOOOOOOO much to mess with... But yeah, I am familiar that suehiro still updates ikemen...

If it was a 2012 build and I forgot, must have been since I just messed with the same build for years now without knowing. I have recently looked into his other builds, but not much "physical" changes occurred other than a few fixes on fireballs and how combo's string. but the rest of the code is the same... wish people gave ikemen and my little colab project a chance though....
#6  July 01, 2015, 08:21:38 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I noticed you are using the 2012 version of ikemen. Any reason for that? I say this because a lot of the issues that have plagued the system have been fixed since then in the 2015 version.

I've always been interested in changing the select screen etc, but the developer has made a few changes(I'm currently looking into..) so things work different than before. If we can figure it out it'd open the door to say screenpacks for ikemen etc.

Actually, it was one of the 2014 builds (if I can remember). At this point, I already figured out how Ikemen works for screenpacks (way more beyond something like the select screen), as shown in the project where I made a main menu, short intro, screen for the netplay, netcode, etc. The thing issue, no one wants to work with ikemen, and it's a damn shame since there is SOOOOOOO much to mess with... But yeah, I am familiar that suehiro still updates ikemen...

If it was a 2012 build and I forgot, must have been since I just messed with the same build for years now without knowing. I have recently looked into his other builds, but not much "physical" changes occurred other than a few fixes on fireballs and how combo's string. but the rest of the code is the same... wish people gave ikemen and my little colab project a chance though....

Can you do me a favor? See if you can edit the screenpack in the same way with the newest rev.
http://osdn.jp/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen/wiki/FrontPage

Alrighty. Shouldn't be an issue...
#7  July 01, 2015, 08:36:17 pm
    • Puerto Rico

Can you do me a favor? See if you can edit the screenpack in the same way with the newest rev.
http://osdn.jp/users/supersuehiro/pf/ikemen/wiki/FrontPage

Ok, so here's whats popping:

Its practically the same coding. I could just copy and paste the shit and it would work...

See, just copy paste : http://puu.sh/iJIBR/529f5dc146.png

The code works for the ikemen engine, even in newer... told you I know my things a bit...  As for screenpacks, it still there.

As for the something like character select, it also works. thing is, to make the roster look nicer (atleast thats what i though it would be before) the head of the characters you see are just part of the bg sprite of the select. You CAN make it just one table with their real heads kinda like a normal mugen though... But what i did was place the chars in that order. if you didn't you would have something like this: http://puu.sh/iJIOy/e788f9745e.png

But yeah, I can make screenpacks for ikemen... in fact, I was thinking of making a few including the tag patch so anyone who wants to use UnoShen's tag are more than welcome to use it online... Don't want to change topic, so I'll just leave this to ya. anything else you can possibly PM me, make a new topic or something...
#8  July 01, 2015, 08:50:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#9  July 01, 2015, 09:01:44 pm
    • USA
Alright cool just remove those posts I will as well so you can have your space back
#10  July 01, 2015, 09:40:21 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Alright cool just remove those posts I will as well so you can have your space back

it's not too necessary... Any who, we would like to see you around the skype group... You got one?
#11  July 02, 2015, 01:55:56 am
    • USA
#12  July 02, 2015, 03:25:50 am
    • Puerto Rico

it's not too necessary... Any who, we would like to see you around the skype group... You got one?

I don't, but let me know when you want to play. Have a time & place thread just post there whenever you'll be on etc.

I recommend getting one really. has multiple players to face and have WAY better timing and whatnot, trust me.... You should make one. it's fast, easy and free.
#13  July 03, 2015, 08:56:16 pm
    • Thailand
@TheFclass97:

Please do not make so many posts right after the other. There is a modify button for your posts. Use it to add ideas to your posts if no has posted after your last post.
#14  July 04, 2015, 12:22:21 am
No, it's because the others deleted their post (for no apparent reason). So it looks like he kept multiple posting. If you check the posts he quoted (and the ones in the Recycle Bin) you can see it happened. I know because I saw those posts when they were here in this topic.
#15  July 04, 2015, 03:39:35 am
    • Puerto Rico
@TheFclass97:

Please do not make so many posts right after the other. There is a modify button for your posts. Use it to add ideas to your posts if no has posted after your last post.

No, it's because the others deleted their post (for no apparent reason). So it looks like he kept multiple posting. If you check the posts he quoted (and the ones in the Recycle Bin) you can see it happened. I know because I saw those posts when they were here in this topic.

Yeah... My bad if I DID do anything wrong earlier (thanks for backing me up though Alex)... I'm gonna get some videos of TAG Online ready.... ^_~
#16  July 04, 2015, 07:35:01 pm
    • USA
you think we can use evolve instead of Skype? dosen't seen to work for my computer...

#17  July 04, 2015, 07:51:55 pm
    • Puerto Rico
you think we can use evolve instead of Skype? dosen't seen to work for my computer...

yeah, i've got Evolve. I'm still testing it though, since connection wise it's pretty different... but what's the real issue with skype?
#18  July 28, 2015, 11:56:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
So, due to my net acting up for a month, I wasn't really able to share or even talk about what i have been doing. However, having no net also allowed me to try a few things and well... here they are! Version 1.0.4 of your favorite mugen online project is now live! ...In BETA form... Download links are available, as well as a video trailer for it! What's included in this update?

-Brand new characters and stages for DLC
-In-depth balancing (patch notes in the download will explain all/most of the changes)
-New WIP modes
-Netcode improvement
-Innovative ikemen looks (screenpacks and whatnot)
-Stage select
-Online Tag and improvements to online tag (UnoShe Tag System)
-more!

This update (in my opinion) is the most grand of them all!  I'll be putting up some "interesting" content later on, including some showcases for Revival, some mugen modding showcases, different videos and more? Lets see...
Links are below! Thanks for viewing and make sure to share this!

Full game (includes all the updates) http://tinyurl.com/qd7yasc

Ver 1.0.4 BETA Patch (in case you already have the game and just need the patch)
http://tinyurl.com/nac5ahk

Also, we have a official skype group to chat/play with, and get the latest updates there! Add me on skype to get there

Skype Name: PRB AUC | TheFclass97

Hope you enjoy... ^_~
Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:54:37 pm by TheFclass97
#19  August 03, 2015, 06:51:43 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#20  August 10, 2015, 09:43:24 pm
    • Puerto Rico
DLC for the next update of NETMugen TE Revival is live now!

Video display of the characters

Link to vote (ends August 17th)
http://strawpoll.me/5174712
#21  August 18, 2015, 06:32:25 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Now due to some more rising net issues, I haven't got much to show in terms of updates... But that's all gonna change! So what's up?

Congratulations to:

CAPTAIN COMMANDO

For winning the dlc poll! He will be one of the 6 entries for version 1.0.4.1 of NETMugen TE Revival... here is more to come so stick around!

In a few days, I'll try showing early progress of 1.0.4.1 that will be sure to enhance this project even more... hopefully enjoy it and stay tuned (working my ass off here lol... ^_~)
#22  August 19, 2015, 01:00:30 am
    • USA
I'll be trying this next update. Keep up the good work!
#23  August 27, 2015, 03:55:38 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Well, I got a hell of a lot more to show, but that's gonna have to wait...
College started not too long ago for me and my net is making a slow recovery... I'll see if I can make an update video covering more stuff and details on the Revival update. For now, just have fun with these screenshots ^_~
~FCJ

#24  August 31, 2015, 12:01:03 pm
    • USA
College started not too long ago for me and my net is making a slow recovery... I'll see if I can make an update video covering more stuff and details on the Revival update. For now, just have fun with these screenshots ^_~
~FCJ

Ayeee snapz! Someone is actually using the template. Good shit. I have sooo many characters & I have to come up with dialogue for everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! lol
#25  August 31, 2015, 12:02:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
~FCJ

Ayeee snapz! Someone is actually using the template. Good shit. I have sooo many characters & I have to come up with dialogue for everyoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! lol

Great minds think alike...
#26  September 19, 2015, 03:48:15 am
So, first of, amazing work here. I just downloaded it:) Quick question though, shouldn't there be an "Options" setting or something?? I'm trying to use a game pad with this but I can't see where to select that option. Anyway, great work
Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 07:53:52 pm by Kidvulcan
#27  September 19, 2015, 05:32:09 pm
    • Puerto Rico
So, first of, amazing work here. I just downloaded it:) Quick question though, shouldn't there be an "Options" setting or something?? I'm trying to use a game pad with this but I can't see where to select that option. Anyway, great work

Due to ikemens engine, options aren't around on the menu. However, to change controls, you have to go to the ssz folder and open a file named "config.ssz" and open it with notepad. For pad, there is a method but I highly recommend using a program like xpadder or JoyToKey. Those programs allow you to make your controller work with keyboard keys. If any help is needed, let me know. Currently on college duty, some revival 1.0.4.1 work, and ProjectSpinach.
#28  September 20, 2015, 07:55:06 pm
Thanks, so I'm using Pinnacle now:) How do I make the program full screen??
#29  September 20, 2015, 11:12:30 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#30  October 08, 2015, 11:52:24 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Long and overdue... it's the 1.0.4.1 update... Messing with mugen to create greater and better things for myself, as well as college being at top priority, I think it's time to give this update a go...

Link: - http://tinyurl.com/oruz4t5
#31  October 10, 2015, 04:03:23 am
    • USA
Good luck with this!
#32  October 11, 2015, 12:09:05 am
    • USA
My Skype is ready!

#33  October 23, 2015, 10:46:38 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#34  December 07, 2015, 12:53:58 am
    • Puerto Rico

NEWS! UPDATES! DLC! WE GOT IT COVERED!
#35  December 07, 2015, 06:15:55 am
    • USA
Glad you are still going along with this. Lifebars looking much better. Interesred in seeing what else is new. Keep up the good work!
#36  December 22, 2015, 12:31:09 am
    • Puerto Rico
VERSION 1.0.4.2 OF REVIVAL IS OUT NOW!!!

GET THE UPDATE!

Part 1 - (211 MB) https://mega.nz/#!oAQiHTYI!fkat7L_9LTbA3L4xCdzMk0NEZaVEEPyNcGhztcdvKgQ
Part 2 - (120 KB)  http://puu.sh/m48kb/2b90e3ed50.zip

Patch Notes (Check Spoilers)

Previous versions (In case you don't have the game yet, download these before you get the update)

- Full game (contains all but ver. 1.0.4.1 patch) -  https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2up163q7487lvy/Official%20NETMugen%20TE%20Revival%20(ver.%201.0.4).zip?dl=0

- Ver. 1.0.4.1 Patch -
 https://mega.nz/#!FNh2GLzb!LNZJNd9NortW18rGBMzEsaN1_hGdHW0LnFzKE11Ak2U.
Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 07:52:06 pm by TheFclass97
#37  December 22, 2015, 07:10:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
Tournament if anyone is interested... Read the description for rules, dates, prizes, download and more!

*POOF* (Gonna start soon.... edit: 1/3/2016)
Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:32:43 pm by TheFclass97
#38  December 23, 2015, 07:50:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I apologies for the inconvenience...  Since there were some things that slid through the cracks, I had to make an emergency patch. Also, for balance/tournament sake, I decided to do this update. To compensate, I added the netcode patch along with this patch (so no separate download) and a bonus character. Sorry for that, just doing what needs to be done... Thank you...

Patch Notes (check the spoiler)

IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU MUST NEED THE GAME FIRST (AND THE PREVIOUS 1.0.4.2 VERSION) BEFORE DOWNLOADING! IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE GAME, THERE ARE LINKS ABOVE TO THEM! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE GAME (AND ALL THE REGULAR 1.0.4.2 VER. PATCHES), YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD AND ADD THIS PATCH TO IT! THANKS YOU...

Download link to the "plus" patch - https://mega.nz/#!dAY1GCjS!LJVobj9lyLgqkhv1X9F8y5g6tl_vqU9OXIOQkWNunfs

(Also, the rules to the next tournament has been updated a bit)
#39  January 03, 2016, 01:38:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
REMINDER! Tourney is tomorrow... - *POOF* (Gonna start soon.... edit: 1/3/2016)

I will be streaming it also. Feel free to check out! I'll link the stream when ready!
Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 08:32:24 pm by TheFclass97
#40  January 05, 2016, 09:04:37 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Congrats to PRB | Rodknee for winning the R.A.T. 2 tournament! And for his prize, he gets to choose who goes in for the next update... and it's... 

*drum roll*

ASURA BY DICK BUCKUS

This new char will be added to the next update (ver. 1.0.4.3). I'm making the update as we speak, and boy do we have some surprises... Stay tunned and check out Revival... ^_~

#41  February 05, 2016, 02:40:13 am
    • Puerto Rico
Well... Sorry for the lack of updates shown on this forum... been busy with the game, as well college... but guess what... The new update (1.0.4.3) is coming up in a few hours... get hype...

Also, we got a tournament for Feb 13th... check it out:

*feb/13/2016 - JUST STARTED TOURNEY*

New video (btw, lol...):

And it's best to get updates at our skype! Add me so I can add ya to the official Revival group (best way to find players!)

Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:06:12 pm by TheFclass97
#42  February 06, 2016, 02:55:38 am
    • Puerto Rico
Update + Tournament link to sign up! How about that!

if you don't have the game yet, just check the first post for all the links...

Download link to the update -  https://mega.nz/#!5EAQkCqZ!va-BniBliHgEskmKC86xpKmjz5JtBqsprn6HucEEleo

link to the tournament - *feb/13/2016 - JUST STARTED TOURNEY*

Patch Notes (Check spoilers):

Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:05:58 pm by TheFclass97
#43  February 13, 2016, 01:43:53 am
    • Puerto Rico
LAST MINUTE TO SIGN UP!

#44  July 02, 2016, 11:35:23 pm
    • Puerto Rico

Before anything, I just want to say thanks a lot for this. It has been a wonderful journey, and it was definitely all worth it. This might have not been the best patch I wanted to close this project with (for now), but I hope you like it anyways. I will be moving on to Revival 2, which will show much more hard work on both characters, gameplay and the engine especially.
Since i'm coding the chars now, I hope it gets better. I just want to improve, and to do so, I think it's best if I just put this project to rest. Thanks a lot for your support, and credits to ALL of the people who have originally made these wonderful works of art.

NMTE REVival 2 Trailer and Pre-Alpha Video and Download (With info)

Patch is below. Thank you...

Ver. 1.0.5 Patch -
http://tinyurl.com/z6rwvkd

Pervious version links (in case you haven't downloaded the game or the previous patches yet)

New #45  August 08, 2016, 02:46:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
Updated Link to one download only. Not gonna touch the game for a while (update wise). Please check 1st post for download.
Please ignore all other download links for patches. Thanks.

And there's this: *LIVE* (Tourney link)
Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:49:28 am by TheFclass97
#46  August 12, 2016, 12:51:28 am
    • Puerto Rico

Please read description. Thanks...

New #47  August 19, 2016, 10:08:13 pm