YesNoOk

Photobucket, what...?? (Read 49125 times)

Started by Xenomic, July 01, 2017, 09:01:40 am
Share this topic:
Re: Photobucket, what...??
#21  July 02, 2017, 02:04:15 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Same thing happened to me with Imageshack a few years back. I, too, have since migrated to imgur, and while there's some technical issues I have with the site, at least I don't have to pay anything.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#22  July 03, 2017, 12:12:13 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
What's going on with Mediafire now?? I don't like the sounds of that since I use that to host my RPG Maker game and MUGEN stuff and the like...
Apparently Mediafire isn't doing a good job scanning their ads since I hear people have been getting viruses from there.

Yikes! That sounds scary. But also odd as I've never had any issues with them. I'm assuming though it's when you click to download the link and a pop-up happens, right? I usually right-click and go to open in new tab, which bypasses that whole ordeal.
#23  July 03, 2017, 12:30:38 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
the interwebz is changing... we have to adapt or get left behind...
#24  July 03, 2017, 12:32:34 am
Eh seems more like people doing stupid things because of greed.
I don't know who at Photobucket thought this would be a good idea.
#25  July 03, 2017, 10:15:30 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
What's going on with Mediafire now?? I don't like the sounds of that since I use that to host my RPG Maker game and MUGEN stuff and the like...
Apparently Mediafire isn't doing a good job scanning their ads since I hear people have been getting viruses from there.

Yikes! That sounds scary. But also odd as I've never had any issues with them. I'm assuming though it's when you click to download the link and a pop-up happens, right? I usually right-click and go to open in new tab, which bypasses that whole ordeal.
I've had the page redirect from the download page itself instead of a pop up. Had to close the tab once what I want to DL actually starts downloading.
But yea, moving out to Onedrive out of principle.
#26  July 03, 2017, 01:05:00 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Yikes, looks like Photobucket's finally crossed the line for me. While I haven't used the service for a couple of years now, I never bothered to move out my materials since it is a bit of work.

But maybe it is time for action. I'll do the same for MediaFire as well. Off to one drive for that.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#27  July 03, 2017, 01:37:57 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
But yea, moving out to Onedrive out of principle.

Shame Microsoft keep reducing the storage for standard users, unless you created a SkyDrive account years ago and thus got the increased storage loyalty benefit thing.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#28  July 03, 2017, 02:34:18 pm
    • Germany
Soo the site seems to be completly broken right now, are some angry users attacking it or did they just fucked up the site with the new update or something?
#29  July 03, 2017, 03:13:57 pm
    • UK
I mean, I would go to imgur, that's where I've been storing some images lately, but there's a looooot of stuff I have over at Photobucket, and the best part? I can't even SEE the images IN MY OWN LIBRARY because it covers it up with that text. I don't even think I can properly view it to save them, so WELP! And transferring everything from my site over to imgur and fixing links is going to be a nightmaaaaare....

If you got to the image, click on the zoom function on the image and you should see your image which you can save. Irritatingly slow method but one way of recovering photos etc ...
#30  July 03, 2017, 07:25:50 pm
photobucket is about to kick the bucket  :mmhmm:
#31  July 03, 2017, 11:00:05 pm
If you got to the image, click on the zoom function on the image and you should see your image which you can save. Irritatingly slow method but one way of recovering photos etc ...
That's not always the case...
#32  July 03, 2017, 11:42:12 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Photofuckit IMO now.

There hasn't been any real reason to use that site in years. I've had loud video ads, constant ads for their $50+ service thrown in my face, them forcibly adding .html onto the end of image links so trying to click view image forcibly redirecting to the image page in the album, etc.

I only made my account with them in 2005 because back then it was really them or Imageshack, nobody else really.
#33  July 04, 2017, 01:02:59 am
every image host dies under its own weight

imgur is next
#34  July 04, 2017, 02:01:03 am
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
testing my avatar via OneDrive link

Shit.. didn't work..!
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#35  July 04, 2017, 11:03:50 pm
#36  July 04, 2017, 11:44:09 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#37  July 04, 2017, 11:46:06 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I normaly use the http://sta.sh/ from DeviantArt.

Dunno if that´s a good idea tho---- But it´s simple and has 2GB of space sooo meh.
#38  July 05, 2017, 06:45:56 pm
Wait, this long line of code is the only way to make it work?

For your image, yes it is.
You have to get the address of the image (like usual), not the link of the page where it's shown.
#39  July 07, 2017, 11:54:15 am
    • Germany
Migrating to imgur too right now, if Photobucket would let me download my stuff already... -.-

The site still makes some problems, maybe to much traffic because everyone is removing there stuff right now after there official statement about the change. xD
#40  July 08, 2017, 02:44:44 am
About Mediafire, it's easy to get the files without getting weird ads:
1- AdBlock
2- when you download something, press the Download button, wait for the About:blank page to appear, close the Mediafire page (not the About:blank page) immediately. Usually when the about:blank page appears your download has already started, that page also does nothing so you don't have to worry about ads from there, it's blank.
The Mediafire page however brings you ads if you let it load enough time, because it changes into another page (advertisement).

Or

2- instead of clicking on Download with your left button, click on it with your right button and choose "Save Link as": you'll get the file without any ads appearing.
Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 11:40:41 am by AlexSin