YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 652425 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: You're Fired! edition
#161  May 27, 2017, 03:27:40 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: You're Fired! edition
#162  May 27, 2017, 04:05:03 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
#163  May 27, 2017, 04:25:37 am
I do not because I did not actually read it. I entirely assumed it to be real and it did not surprise me one bit.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#164  May 27, 2017, 06:16:01 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
in some less important trump news, remember the 1k jobs he saved for carrier ? well

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/05/25/carrier-sends-jobs-to-mexico-workers-say-trump-misled-them?source=facebook&via=mobile

of course it was not his fault.

Trump retaliated on Twitter. “Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers. No wonder companies flee country!” Trump tweeted of the local union leader, adding that “If United Steelworkers 1999 was any good, they would have kept those jobs in Indiana. Spend more time working-less time talking. Reduce dues.”
#165  June 06, 2017, 01:56:24 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/05/us/politics/trump-travel-ban.html
Trump Promotes Original ‘Travel Ban,’ Eroding His Legal Case said:
President Trump has excellent lawyers. They have a challenging client.

In a series of Twitter posts Monday morning, Mr. Trump may have irretrievably undermined his lawyers’ efforts to persuade the Supreme Court to reinstate his executive order limiting travel from six predominantly Muslim countries.

Saying he preferred “the original Travel Ban, not the watered down, politically correct version” he had issued in March, Mr. Trump attacked both the Justice Department and the federal courts.
[...]
Last week, lawyers in the solicitor general’s office filed polished briefs in the Supreme Court. They urged the justices to ignore incendiary statements from Mr. Trump during the presidential campaign, including a call for a “Muslim ban.” The court should focus instead on the text of the revised executive order and statements from Mr. Trump after he had taken the inaugural oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution,” the briefs said.
:stare:

also The Intercept published a top secret NSA document about the Russian election hacking today, and barely an hour later the Justice Department announced charges had been filed against the leaker of said document: a 25-year old federal contractor named... Reality Winner?!?!

Reality Winner is a straight up Gundam character name, like Revive Revival, Allelujah Haptism, or Bring Stabbity.
#166  June 08, 2017, 08:24:10 pm
Comey's hearing is over, and we've basically heard on records and under oath everything that the rumors / leaks said, namely :
- Trump invited Comey for dinner and asked for his allegiance, Comey responded he'd give his honesty
- Trump had people leave the room to be alone with Comey, and asked him to drop the Flynn investigation
- he outright proclaimed that the WH's justification for firing him (mishandling of the Clinton emails) is bullshit, and that he was fired for the Russia investigation
- he himself leaked his memos, which explains why everything he said was everything the rumors / leaks said, he's the one who said it all
He repeatedly evaded answering the "is that obstruction to justice" question saying "that's the job of the special prosecutor to answer that" while laying down the case for Trump's blatant corruption. Paul Ryan is already claiming Trump didn't know that was illegal, therefore there was no intention, therefore it's not corruption.
Trump's attorney released a statement denying everything, but the oath thing and the memos are making the "he said / he said" lean one way more than the other. Speaking of, Comey noted that Trump threatened to release tapes, and went "Lordy I hope there are tapes" and please do release them right now.

Obviously the Republicans tried to underline that it wasn't Trump's fault, that it wasn't a threat, that he didn't know, that he wasn't under investigation so there's nothing against him, and the Democrats simply repeated what Comey said to prove them wrong.

We're glossing over the fact that corrupted shitstain Jeff Session went political manipulative bullshit and suggested firing Comey under the pretense it was for the Clinton emails (even though he praised him for the very same reasons after the elections), but let's sink one turd at a time for now.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:33:48 pm by Byakko
#167  June 08, 2017, 10:23:22 pm
  • SNK is life
I tried to follow up the hearing on Twitter, but I kept getting all kinds of mixed signals and I really didn't understand if this meant a triumph and a step forward towards an impeachment trial.

The supporters on the right kept saying stuff like "Well, that does it, Comey is a liar and #Trump2020 !" and some stuff that Comey said that could misconstrue the objective of his testimony.
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: Liar Liar! edition
#168  June 08, 2017, 11:51:02 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
You can watch it, or just listen while you do something else, here (and pro-tip don't get political news, particularly on Trump or opinions off Twitter, right or left it's basically just retards):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yry9PV3DNfw

Effectively what this proved is Trump-Russia so far was just a masturbatory conspiracy theory by people who just wanted to see him destroyed (also the piss-gate dossier was effectively thrown on a drawer for obvious reasons), this was pretty much confirmed a week or 2 ago as well when Senators on both sides start saying Trump isn't subject to an investigation. He was, as expected and reconfirmed, not under investigation and never was. The only person under actual investigation was Flynn instead of every single person in Trumps administration who were likely checked and cleared. So no chance of impeachment here.

No Trump-related obstruction of the "Russian involvement in the election" investigation, nor the Flynn investigation, both of which were confirmed separate and unrelated investigations as well. The closest thing to obstruction claimed is Trump saying "Flynn is a good man and I hope you can let this go.". As a result Comey kept his people investigating away from Trump and didn't inform the investigators of Trump request out of frustration. He also made clear that Trump wanted Comey or the FBI to tell the media that he himself wasn't under investigation. Pretty much confirmed by the hearing that it wasn't obstruction, but you'll have lawyers on both sides beating their chest over it and ultimately doing nothing. So no chance of impeachment for obstruction, as no obstruction took place.

Trumps reason for firing Comey is still unclear. My personal guess, for what little it's worth, is Trump bitched out because Comey refused to publicly state that there is no investigation on Trump, to effectively counter the continual media firestorm on Trump's involvement with Putin/Russia (this was expressed in Comey's statement on the senate.gov site, don't remember if Trump's frustration was actually discussed in the hearing). Trump firing Comey, while poorly timed, is not being considered as an obstruction to the investigation either, that was made fairly clear at the first hearing Comey was absent from after the firing (you can find that recording on PBS News Hour as well) as well as other great videos depending on how interested you are in American politics and if you want the raw truth surrounding Trump and his administration on any given day instead of bullshit exaggerations and Reddit-grade pseudo psychological analysis on Trumps' tweets by WaPo writers (thinking back to Trump's tweets that were in actual agreement with Gen. McMaster's statement about military intel given to the Russians, but was spun into Trump throwing him under the bus as a fairly recent example of embarrassing journalism).

Anti-Trump idiots still want Trump impeached for essentially nothing.
Pro-Trump idiots want Comey/Clinton/and now Lynch in jail for essentially nothing.

What you can expect out of all this is nothing. You'll get blowhards in politics and the media calling for Trump/Flynn's head or Comey/Hilary's head and Trump-Russia will continuously be brought up as a concern against Trump thru the 2020 election cycle despite it being nothing more than a debunked conspiracy theory much like pissgate and pizzagate. But as of now it's all ultimately hollow and meaningless as far as change goes either for Trump or against Trump. All it helps illustrate is Trump is somewhat of a buffoon when it comes to his Presidential conduct which everyone knew, and Comey is was kind of an airhead which not everyone knew.

Oh you'll also have stories about "Trump expecting loyalty from his administration and the US govt" is bad, if they aren't up already. Despite it being pretty expected for a president to want his workers to be loyal and not seek to undermine him at every turn. Nothing out of line about that, but I'm expecting "loyalty" to be a bad word  for the next week just from the way things like to swing in US news.

he outright proclaimed that the WH's justification for firing him (mishandling of the Clinton emails) is bullshit, and that he was fired for the Russia investigation
Simply not true at all.
Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 11:56:34 pm by Chronan
#169  June 08, 2017, 11:57:50 pm
  • SNK is life
The closest thing to obstruction claimed is Trump saying "Flynn is a good man and I hope you can let this go." which it wasn't. As a result Comey kept his people investigating away from Trump and didn't inform the investigators of Trump request out of frustration. He also made clear that Trump wanted Comey or the FBI to tell the media that he himself wasn't under investigation. Pretty much confirmed by the hearing that it wasn't obstruction, but you'll have lawyers on both sides beating their chest over it and ultimately doing nothing. So no chance of impeachment for obstruction, as no obstruction took place.
I think you should read this thread by an expert
https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/872532952055513088

(18) And under "Obstruction by Intimidation, Threats, Persuasion, or Deception (18 U.S.C. 1512 (b)), Trump DID "attempt to persuade" Comey.

#170  June 09, 2017, 12:09:59 am
Effectively what this proved is Trump-Russia so far was just a masturbatory conspiracy theory by people who just wanted to see him destroyed (also the piss-gate dossier was effectively thrown on a drawer for obvious reasons), this was pretty much confirmed a week or 2 ago as well when Senators on both sides start saying Trump isn't subject to an investigation. He was, as expected and reconfirmed, not under investigation and never was. The only person under actual investigation was Flynn instead of every single person in Trumps administration who were likely checked and cleared. So no chance of impeachment here.
That's not what Comey said. He said Trump himself wasn't under investigation at the time, but his campaign staff was (starting with Flynn, but then it's been revealed in the last few months that it's moved to include others), and he made it pretty obvious that whoever takes over may very well take it all the way to the top if that's where it goes.
The closest thing to obstruction claimed is Trump saying "Flynn is a good man and I hope you can let this go.".
... Well yeah, that's pretty much the entire case, did he tell him to let go or not. After asking him if he intended to keep his job. And making any witness leave the room. And then when Comey didn't, Trump fired him. That's the whole subject of the investigation, if he did that, it IS obstruction, that's the entire basis for a potential impeachment, that's why Comey leaked his memos and that's what the special prosecutor needs to rule on. Paul Ryan's defense on that part was claiming that Trump didn't know he wasn't allowed to do that. This part which you're trying to minimize for some reason is the entire grounds for impeachment.
Everyone, even the Republicans, agree that if it's true, it'll be terrible for Trump, but Republicans are trying to deflect on concluding whether he really said it or not.
Oh you'll also have stories about "Trump expecting loyalty from his administration and the US govt" is bad, if they aren't up already. Despite it being pretty expected for a president to want his workers to be loyal and not seek to undermine him at every turn. Nothing out of line about that, but I'm expecting "loyalty" to be a bad word  for the next week just from the way things like to swing in US news.
Expecting loyalty, asking the chief of the FBI if he wants to keep his job, asking him to drop a case, and then firing him when he doesn't.
he outright proclaimed that the WH's justification for firing him (mishandling of the Clinton emails) is bullshit, and that he was fired for the Russia investigation
Simply not true at all.
He detailed the confusion of the shifting explanations given to him for his firing, and that Trump's administration defamed him after the firing saying the bureau was "in disarray" and the workforce had "lost confidence in its leader". And he called out those "lies, plain and simple". And he straight up said he believes he was fired because of the Russia investigation. This is absolutely true.

And as for the Russia investigation, it's still going and Comey repeatedly said he couldn't comment on it because it was classified. Don't say there's nothing. There's an investigation, and it's serious.
Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:33:23 am by Byakko

OZ

#171  June 09, 2017, 05:40:32 am
  • ಠ_ಠ

only this isn't a business and comey was not trump's 'worker'
he was the head of the highest federal bureau of law enforcement; the one that was actively investigating (former)members of his staff

to say that this whole situation doesn't at the very least look 'very bad' is to live in a cartoon world
ಠ_ಠ
#172  June 12, 2017, 11:26:00 am
So Trump yelled that he was ready to testify under oath and mocked people that they'd be disappointed when looking for tapes of his conversations with Comey
And today, Maryland attorney general is filing a lawsuit against Trump about receiving payments from foreign powers through his companies.
Maybe that'll throw a wrench in his "drain the swamp" support, knowing that Republicans are unlikely to impeach him as long as he still has "his base".
#173  June 12, 2017, 05:14:19 pm
  • SNK is life
Some sources to back this up ^

Attorneys general for the District of Columbia and the state of Maryland sued President Trump on Monday, alleging that he has violated anti-corruption clauses in the Constitution by accepting millions in payments and benefits from foreign governments since moving into the White House.

The lawsuit, the first of its kind brought by government entities, centers on the fact that Trump chose to retain ownership of his company when he became president. Trump said in January that he was shifting his business assets into a trust managed by his sons to eliminate potential conflicts of interests.

But D.C. Attorney General Karl A. Racine (D) and Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh (D) say Trump has broken many promises to keep separate his public duties and private business interests. For one, his son Eric Trump has said the president would continue to receive regular updates about his company’s financial health.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/dc-and-maryland-to-sue-president-trump-alleging-breach-of-constitutional-oath/2017/06/11/0059e1f0-4f19-11e7-91eb-9611861a988f_story.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/12/us/trump-lawsuit-private-businesses.html?_r=0
#174  June 12, 2017, 11:21:52 pm
  • The Goddess Returns
So Trump yelled that he was ready to testify under oath and mocked people that they'd be disappointed when looking for tapes of his conversations with Comey
And today, Maryland attorney general is filing a lawsuit against Trump about receiving payments from foreign powers through his companies.
Maybe that'll throw a wrench in his "drain the swamp" support, knowing that Republicans are unlikely to impeach him as long as he still has "his base".

I heard that was the exact thing that required Nixon to be impeached in general. If they don't have that "smoking gun", all of this will be a massive wash since the Republicans will always pretend that it isn't enough.

http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#175  June 12, 2017, 11:35:25 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#176  June 13, 2017, 02:17:45 pm
Hey, remember Kellyanne "alternative facts" Conway ?
A Twitter account KellyanneLeaks showed up posting pictures of her at an embassy party, chatting with reporters (washington post etc.) coming and going for an hour, quoting her talk about Trump ordering her to tell the press "Comey will have to wait and see for the tapes" to hype it up, and she chose to turn that into "no comment" on her own twitter. And then she mocked Priebus telling the staff to not leak WH conversations.
Kellyanne denied everything on Fox News, saying the press would be nicer if she were the leaker. Except she hasn't been the center of attention for a while, it sounds like she wants the spotlight again. Sean claims the press misunderstood the friendly atmosphere at the WH.

In other news, the Public Theater company played a version of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar with Caesar as a blond businessman in a suit with a Slavic wife and his killers as women and minorities. Fox News, Trump Jr. complained to its sponsors, who pulled out.
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:41:14 pm by Byakko
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: COVFEFE Act edition
#177  June 13, 2017, 03:30:26 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: COVFEFE Act edition
#178  June 13, 2017, 03:38:34 pm
Apparently we now know its an acronym
Well, it wasn't, but a Democrat made one up for shit 'n giggles and ran with it for the buzz.
Also I'm still convinced that Trump screwed up and didn't bother, his comm team was asleep, they woke up 6 hours later, saw the tweet, deleted it, and decided "fuck it, let's make a joke out of it".
Also one of Trump's business partners is claiming that Trump is considering firing the special prosecutor assigned to handle the Russia investigation.
The ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, Democrat Adam Schiff, responded forcefully by saying Mueller would be brought back “immediately.”
... If he's firing the prosecutor, can't you just assume there's a reason and already determine that this absolutely IS an obstruction of justice and be done with the entire issue ?
Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 03:44:13 pm by Byakko
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: SCOTUS upholds travel ban
#179  June 26, 2017, 05:25:29 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Surpreme Court partially lifted the injunctions against Trump's travel ban, will make a final decision on the ban this October

The US Supreme Court has partially lifted an injunction against President Donald Trump's travel ban. America's highest court also granted an emergency request from the White House allowing part of the refugee ban to go into effect. The justices said they would consider in October whether Mr Trump's policy should be upheld or struck down. The Supreme Court said in Monday's ruling: "In practical terms, this means that [the executive order] may not be enforced against foreign nationals who have a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States. All other foreign nationals are subject to the provisions of [the executive order]."

The court said it could not uphold lower court injunctions barring enforcement of the ban against foreigners who have no connection to the United States at all. "Denying entry to such a foreign national does not burden any American party by reason of that party's relationship with the foreign national," the court said. Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito and Neil Gorsuch wrote in the ruling that they would have allowed the travel ban to go into full effect, pending a review.
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political MAGAthread: SCOTUS upholds travel ban
#180  July 05, 2017, 03:36:36 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Can you imagine waking up one day and finding out the POTUS shared a shitpost from yours on Twitter?

...and can you imagine having to apologize and delete your internet footprint or be doxed by an assblasted news outlet?

Well, ledditor HanAssholeSolo doesn't have to, he's already experienced it.

CNN's Original article

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change.

Andrew Kaczynski, author of this journalistic masterpiece, is doing damage control on twitter:

Besides Han Solo being over 15 I don't believe any of this shit.