Share this topic:
Update.
#1  June 19, 2017, 10:31:17 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
It's been been over half a year since last time I posted here, I think.
In february I made a pretty long post, but my Internet connection failed for a momment and the whole thing was lost.
So, as writting on phone is so damn PAINFUL, I was frustrated and didn't bother to try posting it again.

PC
I still haven't got a new PC.
The last updates for the characters, in November, were done on a friend's PC, at her house, while she was on another city.
Her PC also died about a week I made the update.

So here's the thing. I've got a job now (yay!...), bought a 3DS and 2 games, and currently I'm saving money to get a PC.

I've been on a mental downhill of (literal) crippling depression since that PC died, lmao.
Realized that because of my disability to understand other people's emotions and the lack of affection I've received IRL, making MUGEN characters was the only way I could feel "appreciated" and therefore happy in life.

That's the reason I've left Mugen so many times, only to come back months later.
Realized this only a couple weeks ago.
(I'm still 1~2 years away from living on a temple, so, got enough time to make more content...).

SO, as soon as I get another PC I'll start making Mugen characters again.

Updates
The first thing I'll do without a doubt is update the 1.1 version of Ryu.
(Or maybe both versions).

The other day I installed Mugen on a friend's PC at school, and noticed that the explosion that happens from Master Ryu's Classic Shakunetsu Hadouken after impact, was incredibly huge.
I updated the char on a really small amount of time under inconvenient circumstances, so I wasn't able to test him enough to notice.

The other thing I was planning was re-making Akuma from scratch (kind of).
When I made the last update, someone told me what "debug flood" was. I have to fix that on all 5 chars, but ESPECIALLY Akuma.

Since I started making that char when I was like, 11~12, the code is a complete mess.

Not to mention how slow he runs in Mugen 1.0

I was thinking in making him much more balanced, removing the unfinished and useless "Game Selector" thing, adding some more intro-dialoguess, adding a Palette Selector (like Dan/Dudley, based on Infinite's chars and... y'know), MAYBE (maybe) some Color-Separation on the sprites, removing the clunky unfinished Cyber Akuma mode, and optimizing it for Mugen 1.0.

As well as adding a bunch of stuff from SFV and Tekken 7.
(Mainly his new moves; Sekia Kuretsuha, etc).

New Characters
Playing a bunch of Injustice on PS4, I got a liking for comics. Mainly DC and their characters.
Since the Injustice 2 trailers, I've been pretty hyped on making a Dr. Fate char.

(Some screenshots in case you don't know  the character):

He quickly became my favorite Comic character (along Dr. Manhattan), but as I have little to no creativity, I wouldn't be able to make a Dr. Manhattan char.
(In other words, Dr. Fate's probably be the first char I make next, using his Injustice 2 moveset).
I would make Zod as well, just for the fact that he's fun as fuck to play in the first game.
(But there's not enough sprites for him).

What about the planned SF chars?
Yeah I mean, I was going to make Oro, Dhalsim, Jinpachi Mishima (Tekken), Maximillian Dood, and... Makoto? (I think Necro, too...)

But it's been long time already.

I've got no idea if someone already made those characters.
I know someone made a Makoto char already (varo_hades, I think?) And last time I checked, Trololo was making a Dhalsim char on this style.
Chuchoryu also told me he's been working a lot on the sprites for Maximilian and Jinpachi. So they're most likely, pretty much done (I'm aware Chuchoryu is pretty infamous here, but I'll handle the characters' code).

So I have 3 questions for you guys...

- Which characters have been released on the >"CvS3" (Modern-PotS) style over the last 6 months?
(Or last year... I moved away from the community in April of 2016).
- Would you guys actually like a Dr. Fate char on this style?
(Maybe I could start making some more comic characters, like Venom)
- And last, do you agree with the changes for the Akuma char?

Thank you for even caring enough to read through all of this, really.
Have a nice day! :D
Re: Update.
#2  June 21, 2017, 04:22:41 am
The other thing I was planning was re-making Akuma from scratch (kind of).
When I made the last update, someone told me what "debug flood" was. I have to fix that on all 5 chars, but ESPECIALLY Akuma.

Since I started making that char when I was like, 11~12, the code is a complete mess.

Not to mention how slow he runs in Mugen 1.0

I was thinking in making him much more balanced, removing the unfinished and useless "Game Selector" thing, adding some more intro-dialoguess, adding a Palette Selector (like Dan/Dudley, based on Infinite's chars and... y'know), MAYBE (maybe) some Color-Separation on the sprites, removing the clunky unfinished Cyber Akuma mode, and optimizing it for Mugen 1.0.

As well as adding a bunch of stuff from SFV and Tekken 7.
(Mainly his new moves; Sekia Kuretsuha, etc).

- And last, do you agree with the changes for the Akuma char?
I am a big fan of your Gouki  :gouki: I have finally figured out how come your Gouki crashes in my Mugen game due to memory issue, I reformat my computer as it had harddisk crash last year on December. After reformatting it, I played as your Gouki and my Mugen doesn't have memory issue and he load very fast :truestory: a pity that I can't run Mugen 1.1 because of reformation of my computer and most of the drivers were gone which cause my Mugen 1.1 to have a blank white screen all the time :(

I actually like the game selector thing in your Gouki which makes him unique. I am curious on seeing how he will be played in his SFV and Tekken 7 in your Gouki  :D it is gonna be awesome  :truestory: glad to see you around  ;)

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 04:29:51 am by tehdevil
#3  June 21, 2017, 06:16:10 am
    • USA
Make that SFV FX and I'll give you a new CS. All the SFV moves are too easy to replicate, not much to take from Tekken.You haven't missed anything, go forward 1-2 pages won't take long, you'll quickly hit that 2+months ago since you stopped. As for suggestions you have a ton of unnecessary junk in your sff. It's a mess in general, but you already know that. No need for a lvl1-5 super. Lower it to lvl3 and not 5. Then again that's kind of the appeal with your version I've heard, people like that crazy-ness. I don't personally use it, but that's my opinion.
#4  June 24, 2017, 01:56:53 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I definitely agree with changes made to Akuma,You need to balance him,I think you could make a in game selector to choose his Supers if you don't want to remove all of them so with this way he can have 3 Bars and anyone can choose Supers.
Yes pls Dr.Fate would be good(and yes Venom is ok too)
#5  June 25, 2017, 03:19:51 am
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
Be safe.......... please come back soon... your work is soo Great........... it should be IN ps4 future games or ideas =)    =)  lol

cant wait for venom and more of your  chars u thinking off..!!!!!!!  have a great summer   GO MUGENNNNNN
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#6  June 26, 2017, 05:52:08 pm
  • AS ABOVE, SO BELOW.
  • As within, so without.
    • Chile
    • cornetaneitor@gmail.com
    • ansatsukenmugen.webs.com/
Sorry for the late reply, I hade another post but I ran out of battery and again, the whole thing was lost...

Make that SFV FX and I'll give you a new CS. All the SFV moves are too easy to replicate, not much to take from Tekken.You haven't missed anything, go forward 1-2 pages won't take long, you'll quickly hit that 2+months ago since you stopped. As for suggestions you have a ton of unnecessary junk in your sff. It's a mess in general, but you already know that. No need for a lvl1-5 super. Lower it to lvl3 and not 5. Then again that's kind of the appeal with your version I've heard, people like that crazy-ness. I don't personally use it, but that's my opinion.

Wait, you can make a color separation for him?! ;_;
And yes, the whole code is a mess...
So is the .sff file. But mostly because of the placeholder, unused Cyber Akuma sprites.
That, and maybe 1~2 special effects.

Sure, SFV only added 3 moves to his moveset (the [/i]Sekia Kuretsuha[/i], his V-Skill + 2 follow-ups, and his V-Trigger).
Plus some Normals and variations to his already existing moves (Tatsumaki, EX Hyakki Shuu, etc).

Tekken 7, on the other hand, added a move that's gonna change A LOT how the fight against A.I. Akuma goes.
An A.I.-only move
The Triple Shakunetsu Hadouken (for Shin Akuma).
A.I.-Oni is also getting a Triple Gorai Hadouken, based on Asura's Wrath.

Tekken 7 also added the Joudan Sokutou Geri (Ryu's "donkey kick"), a bunch of Normals, variations for already existing moves (like the EX Tatsumaki), and some follow-ups for the Hyakki Shuu.

Some of Akuma's moves will also be reworked.
His Gouha Ken and Kimonkai feel clunky and underwhelming.

The one thing I'm struggling to figure out... is hius new moveset.
Akuma and Shin Akuma both get new moves, while Oni gets... nothing (other than the AI-only move).
So I need to figure out how to have their movesets include all moves, without making Oni have half as many as the other 2.

Also fixing a couple bugs here and there, like his "Time Over" animation.

Actually, the true reason why I added 5 bars was because of the Shin Shun Goku Satsu.
I mean, the Shun Goku Satsu always costs 3 bars, so how could the Shin Shun Goku Satsu ALSO cost the same?
That was the initial reason behind it tbh, but maybe I could make both moves cost 3 bars, with a lot of technical differences.
The SSGS deals more damage, while it's got less range and it's more difficult to land, maybe.

To everyone else... thank you, honestlty. I always take all your suggestions (and ideas) into consideration! XD
#7  June 27, 2017, 11:07:38 pm
    • USA
Yes I have one, but you'd have to redo your animations as I did it for my own personal sff. I'm also working on a version. Just let know. Also I'm sure you are just the person whom can do this. The trails.

MCX

#8  June 28, 2017, 06:32:57 am
  • Time won't wait for me
    • https://naudamaceno.carbonmade.com/
I'm hyped for Oro, I can provide you with some palettes that resembles the CvS sprites (if you don't intend to use the sriteset  by Marancv).
#9  June 28, 2017, 11:16:46 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
Yes I have one, but you'd have to redo your animations as I did it for my own personal sff. I'm also working on a version. Just let know. Also I'm sure you are just the person whom can do this. The trails.
The trails would be ridiculously simple once you figure out which key frames you want.
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.