YesNoOk

Changing character portrait disables pallete use  (Read 295 times)

Started by 8i9oy, February 12, 2019, 06:18:47 am
Share this topic:
Changing character portrait disables pallete use
#1  February 12, 2019, 06:18:47 am
  • PANTERA: VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER
  • Ho' it up
    • New Zealand
So for example, im working on a sprite edit for Moryia from Last Blade 2, character portrait is changed in colors (hair and cape are black but inner clothing is a slight shade of blue) and i had made a set of palletes to use once in-game, .def file set up, i head into game, but when choosing a pallete, they don't seem to work. The portrait works fine but the palletes are overwritten by the current pallete saved in the ssf file, any advice?
ALL YOU NEED IS A KICK IN THE a e s t h e t i c s
Re: Changing character portrait disables pallete use
#2  February 14, 2019, 02:03:45 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
It could be different things depending on if you're using Winmugen or 1.0+.
Before doing any changes make sure you make a back up. Messing with changing palettes can reduce colors in the character.

Using Fighter Factory 3, go to your portrait. Make sure switch to sprite palette is checked before switching. Take note on what palette number is being used.
Now scroll over to sprite 0,0 and see what palette is being used. Check out a lot of your char's sprites. They should all be the same. Something like  palette 0,0 or palette 1,1 or 1,0. Something like that.
More than likely the portrait isn't the same as the character's sprites. Scroll back to your portrait. Now on the palette selection bar, scroll to the palette your sprites use. Hit the Apply Palette to the Current Sprite button. It looks like a 3.5 disc on top of a picture and palette icon.
Save the char and test.
Some times palettes can be weird in FF3/Mugen. You may have to close the char in FF3 and reopen it to see the changes happen.

This may or may not fix the problem, but it has a chance in both winmugen and 1.0+.
vVv Wheat Stage Released vVv