YesNoOk

E3 2017 (Season Pass Included) (VR) (Read 75992 times)

Started by Titiln, May 04, 2017, 03:01:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: E3 2017 (Season Pass Included) (VR)
#161  June 17, 2017, 12:51:06 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
I would argue Metroid prime 4 was more of an auto win then Beyond good and Evil 2, but that's subjective... but...

Nintendo
Sure, Mario Odyssey was great, but Ubi stole their thunder on the Rabbids game,

No, it didn't, it really didn't. Almost hates the Rabbids. for a long while it even looked like they killed Rayman, fuck them.
#162  June 17, 2017, 01:08:35 am
Nintendo
Sure, Mario Odyssey was great, but Ubi stole their thunder on the Rabbids game
odyssey's trailer has twice the views mario rabbids has. no thunder was stolen whatsoever

SNT

#163  June 17, 2017, 01:22:55 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I would argue Metroid prime 4 was more of an auto win then Beyond good and Evil 2
It was a fucking logo. No game, not even a proper trailer or teaser. If any of the other big players pulled that shit as part of their presser you'd never hear the end of it.

odyssey's trailer has twice the views mario rabbids has. no thunder was stolen whatsoever
No, I mean that because it was in Ubi's presser with a complete gameplay demo the impact of its spot in Nintendo's was lessened than it would otherwise have been.
Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 01:26:41 am by SNT
#164  June 17, 2017, 01:32:25 am
let me give my thoughts too...

cuphead is one of the most beautiful games i've ever seen. it's classic 2d animation is amazing, but its a shame it's gameplay looks so... uninspired. if this was an a rpg it would've been alot better.
i really didn't like how there one too many shooters and  first person horror games shown, seems like the safe bet for games nowadays. would've loved to see a hack and slash for once but nope, those are too hard for todays gamers and you can't VR with them. (i hate VR but that is a discussion for an other time).
vampyr looks like a very cool rpg, and im excited to play it, i really love the victorian era setting too.

god of war looks good but im not liking how the combat works in it.
this new axe weapon and the over the shoulder camera are mainly the reason. back in the old series you had those bad ass long ranged aptly named blades of chaos, they allowed kratos to dish out attacks to multiple opponents at the same time, they were excellent crowd control weapons and they allowed the developers to flock kratos with as much enemies as possible. cutting them all down truly made you feel like a badass.
but now you have a fixed line of sight and a short ranged weapon, which means you can't fight more than a few enemies at the same time and you can't see (nor counter) if someone is attacking you from behind. additionally, this axe weapon lacks the impact the blades of chaos had, it's blade is so small and it looks so generic, it barely split an enemy in half. the blades used to shake the ground with a simple square, square, triangle combo.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#165  June 17, 2017, 01:38:59 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
If the other big players had respective franchises with such high demand for something more out of the series and they too had just a logo, I suspect the subsequent fans would also be frantically happy.  Beyond Good & Evil 2 here is actually a good example of perhaps going in with just a logo rather than a misleading teaser trailer, as it is such a franchise (Well, now it can be called one, before it was just a beloved title) that many would kill for something more of.  And while the trailer was a spectacle, it was also very disconnected from what players of the original identify the game as, as well as it forgo mentioning the slight detail that the game's not designed like the original at all either, being online multiplayer.

It all just depends on the size of the franchise if just a title drop is good enough or not, I'd say.  And one of Nintendo's big original NES trio I think qualifies.  Now we know about it being official, so if there is some sizable changes being done the sting's a bit lessened.  Unless it's changing Prime to a defend your teammate game long mission and you're trying to save The Baby, then screw that noise.
#166  June 17, 2017, 01:43:16 am
The FF7 logo was enough to make everyone go crazy the first time the remake was announced.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#167  June 17, 2017, 01:48:24 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1

god of war looks good but im not liking how the combat works in it.
this new axe weapon and the over the shoulder camera are mainly the reason. back in the old series you had those bad ass long ranged aptly named blades of chaos, they allowed kratos to dish out attacks to multiple opponents at the same time, they were excellent crowd control weapons and they allowed the developers to flock kratos with as much enemies as possible. cutting them all down truly made you feel like a badass.
but now you have a fixed line of sight and a short ranged weapon, which means you can't fight more than a few enemies at the same time and you can't see (nor counter) if someone is attacking you from behind. additionally, this axe weapon lacks the impact the blades of chaos had, it's blade is so small and it looks so generic, it barely split an enemy in half. the blades used to shake the ground with a simple square, square, triangle combo.

Well, in all the god of War games there WERE short ranged weapons, it's not far fetched to assume there will be long ranged weapons in this game. (Maybe even the blades of chaos?)

SNT

#168  June 17, 2017, 01:49:55 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
The FF7 logo was enough to make everyone go crazy the first time the remake was announced.
The FF7 logo also came with a teaser trailer showing off the redesigns and the new art direction. Metroid Prime 4 came with a logo.
#169  June 17, 2017, 01:55:24 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Well, in all the god of War games there WERE short ranged weapons, it's not far fetched to assume there will be long ranged weapons in this game. (Maybe even the blades of chaos?)

This game wants to be Unforgiven, so I guarantee you there will be a moment of no return in the last act where Kratos is going to go ballistic (when the kid dies/appears to be dead) and use the Blades of Chaos and the classic theme will start blaring as you start cutting trolls into brisket
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#170  June 17, 2017, 01:55:57 am
#171  June 17, 2017, 01:57:10 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

They made a redesign.  It was made for the other another Metroid II remake, this time that they're making.  In hindsight thinking about it now, it would actually probably be more of a hindrance to them wanting to get any newcomers showing off two different versions of Metroid gameplay and Samus so soon, and this one's clearly coming up sooner, so better off with this one.  Especially because without a doubt, Prime 4 will look better and people would figure why not skip the 3DS title?

Fans already know what the deal is, but come on, they showed two Metroid titles in one presentation, and went into full detail on the one coming out soon.
#172  June 17, 2017, 01:59:41 am
the redesigns and the new art direction.
To be fair, the new designs for FF7 have been known for years, it's the same engine and style they use everywhere between FF15 and Dissidia, basically a touch up from the Advent Children style and the old PS4 tech demo, that wasn't anything new. We knew it was going to be exactly that, so the logo alone was enough as a confirmation that it was being worked on.
And a confirmation that Metroid is being made is also good enough for the fans, regardless of the exact design. I mean, there will be plenty of time to nitpick and complain that we don't like how it's evolved, as usual, but the official confirmation is enough to make people happy.
Point is a logo alone can be more than enough.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 02:02:54 am by Byakko
#173  June 17, 2017, 06:15:19 am
one of the things people talked about the most after sonys 2015 conference was shenmue 3. a fucking kickstarter project. some games get a free pass when they are highly anticipated
#174  June 17, 2017, 09:29:31 am
there was yes, but they were secondary weapons, the game didn't force you to use them. kratos was also much faster with them than he is with this axe, which is weird because they're far heavier yet he swung them like they're a fucking small dagger or something.
he swings this axe like it's a hammer tho, which might also make for a cumbersome combat but i can't make judgments yet.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#175  June 17, 2017, 04:41:02 pm
  • Winmugen FTW
    • El Salvador
@SNT EACTLY metroid prime was just a single still! YET Some people think its worth mentioning... we've known about that game for a while now way BEFORE e3 still, no release date announced SMH. Meaning its probably still in alpha right now. Now on my previous post, I take back that sony had the best press conference. Nintendo was straight to the point and kept me wanting to see more. So they were KANGZ this year at e3. Last year Sony reigned supreme though.

no it does not.
i had a longer post in mind about jazz but this shit is making me sleepy and i can't write it

new crowby cat
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ-XcWCDfmE[/youtube]

LOL man this was great. Its like every year some of e3 gets cringier.
Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 05:08:39 pm by Speedpreacher
#176  June 17, 2017, 08:54:45 pm