YesNoOk

Hatter's Stuff. (Read 650522 times)

Started by hatter, August 29, 2015, 02:51:02 am
Re: Zaitsu's Art Vault.
#121  November 07, 2015, 10:49:14 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That is some spiffy looking SFX, lemme tell ya. Feminine faces in JoJo style are quite the thing to try, I know that much lol. It does look better than before at least (and better than Prishe's!), and I can't really imagine making it more feminine because of the way the style is. The only other thing I can say that MAY need adjusted is the way the dress at the top flows, mostly because it flows in a reverse U shape (if you know what I mean) and isn't like a shirt as you have it. I don't...THINK her arms need trimmed down at all, dunno if those are too muscular or not because of JoJo's style, but everything else seems perfectly fine to me! A really good job overall! Glad you were able to tackle a rather complex design in another sprite style. ^^

I'm glad you liked it! I do agree with you in the top dress (I can't believe I missed that). About the arms, that's actually as best I can get them, before I added her golden ornaments, the arms were actually quite skinny, but any more and she'd look anorexic.

I was gonna mention the same thing about the style. I can't see the sprite closely because I'm stuck at work but it looks nice from what I see.

FX looks pretty damn good. I can't see much of Palutena's details when she's zoomed out like that, though.

Yeah, I wanted to say that as well, the style kinda hampered me from going about the face the way I envisioned it. And sorry for the size next time I post any pixellated character, I'll make sure to add a %200 percent sized version next to the original for those who want to critique.

Thanks all, I'll try to do something about the dress on Sunday. In the meantime, I'll scratch Xenomic's request off the list and go to Ding's.
This is a generic forum signature.
#122  November 11, 2015, 01:10:47 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Cecilia Halee for First Lt. Ding, drawn completely with colored pencils.

I'll admit to you, I tried going for a cross-hatch shading style with the colors, but that did not work out except in certain intervals. Drawing with only colored pencils is tough, but I'll let you be the judge and jury.

I actually had to play with the brightness and contrast just to get the colors to look like how they were before scanning.

With that, I'll move onto Ioan Trafalgar, the OC who I should have redesigned/resprited ages ago.
Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:36:53 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#123  November 14, 2015, 02:28:51 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Thanks to everyone who gave feedback.
#124  November 14, 2015, 07:18:36 am
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Face looks better. THere's still other minor stuff that could be fixed but good job overall ;D
(referring to the arm and foot on our left side)
#125  November 15, 2015, 07:30:17 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Face looks better. THere's still other minor stuff that could be fixed but good job overall ;D
(referring to the arm and foot on our left side)

Thanks, I'll probably redo those stuff again next weekend (or I'll most probably do it from scratch to try out something new). Hopefully I'll have some downtime then.
Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:13:53 pm by Zaitsu Hatter
#126  November 20, 2015, 04:27:19 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Finalized Ioan's idle/design. And just as a treat, here's the finalized idle/design of my second OC, Mikayel (Ioan's only confidant):

Now I have to figure out how to put them in hi-res sprite terms. :S

EDIT: I just realized that part of Mikayel's left (viewer) sleeve isn't inked. Ignore that, I'll fix that when I start spriting both.
Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 04:53:48 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#127  November 22, 2015, 04:54:18 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Slowly, but surely making progress.
#128  November 23, 2015, 02:15:17 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

I'm aware of the chest problem, but that'll be handled once I polish this. Fuck it, referenced Yamazaki's chest, hopefully it's better?
Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 03:54:57 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#129  November 25, 2015, 12:06:41 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Any C+C before I move on to the shoes tomorrow?
#130  November 25, 2015, 12:29:13 am
Maybe adjust the head a little (the jaws)* and the outlines on his arms.

*it might be because of your style, I don't know
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:52:08 am by Sin-
#131  November 25, 2015, 12:51:29 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
By adjusting the outlines on his arms, you mean make them more apparent on the light/shaded parts?

I can definitely handle the jaws, I now see where the problem lies. :)

*it might be because of your style, I don't know

The only thing about the style that would be unique are the faces (which I want them to be anime inspired, particularly drawing inspiration from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Gangsta). Anything else being exaggerated/different from what it is in reality depends on the character. For instance, Ioan's big feet were a reference to a joke that particularly follows me throughout life (size 42s rock). But the jaw is a fuck up, particularly on the left portion. So I'll handle that soon.
Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 12:57:55 am by Zaitsu Hatter
#132  November 26, 2015, 09:01:33 pm

I'm aware of the chest problem, but that'll be handled once I polish this. Fuck it, referenced Yamazaki's chest, hopefully it's better?
his belly is too thin and his mouth is following his nose on the same level, which makes him look like a dog or something. draw the face without the nose first and make it consistent then add the nose later, like that second OC, his face looks alright. hope i helped.
also don't want to sound intruding but when will you draw lady?
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#133  November 26, 2015, 10:46:03 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Noted.

About Lady, you can hold me accountable for not getting around to her and Berserker (for Zemilia), I just have to finish work on end-of-semester things (to which I'm almost there), this week was kind of like a crackdown on everything, they were pretty much dumping homework on me, and other shit. But I'll endeavor myself to draw at least a working idea of Lady and Bersker tonight.
#134  November 26, 2015, 11:26:31 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
I have some feedback that may help, but it all depends on whether the artistic choices you've made are intentional or not, so take it with a grain of salt:

I noticed that the character's ear/face extends all the way to the back of his head when, at that angle, it should end at around 5/6ths of the way from right to left. Here's a quick MSPaint edit (I'm not at home, so I don't have anything fancier) of your sketch to give you a rough idea of what I'm saying:

Original --> Modified --> "Anatomy" of the modfied version.
Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:04:43 pm by Graphicus
#135  November 26, 2015, 11:32:59 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
@Graphicus: How's this look (ignore the ear, I'll fix it in the end. There's also the smile, it'll be fixed as well):

#136  November 27, 2015, 12:52:48 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
It's better, but I can't really give you an opinion until the ear has been put in place with the hair (sideburns) and everything. For example, if you had said this was the final version, I'd have done this:

You can see I added shadow right where the arrow's pointing at. That part's going to end up getting covered anyway when you complete it though, so there's not much of a point in doing it.

Regarding the rest of the face, it's fine. I mean, huge mouths and eyes are not really my cup of tea, but that's really just a matter of personal preference and most likely an intentional stylistic choice on your part. You did adjust it correctly, if that's what you're wondering.
Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 08:04:57 pm by Graphicus
#137  November 27, 2015, 01:03:41 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Yeah, the face was meant to be anime-ish , so that's why a lot of stuff looks exaggerated. At least I adjusted it right. (his huge mouth is jut really an exaggerated version of the Joker smile, since I want my sort-of Shotoclone to be psychotic)

I'll have to adjust the hair in order to cover that (I even jut realized I made a boo-boo with the hair as well), but now I see what you mean with the jaw thing. Thanks again Graphicus! :)
#138  November 28, 2015, 02:01:31 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
So I'm posting here to say that I've started working on Lady, I decided to put Berserker as the last traditional art request because I believe his design will take me a bit of a while to nail. I've so far finished Lady's upper body. Tomorrow I'll finish off Ioan once and for all.
#139  November 28, 2015, 04:13:19 pm
make his mouth go a bit up, it's way too low, and resize his eyes they're too big.
thanks for doing lady too :)
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#140  November 28, 2015, 05:02:47 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
make his mouth go a bit up, it's way too low, and resize his eyes they're too big.

I see what you mean about the mouth and eyes. I think I'll give the eyes a small resize, since I meant for them to be big and anime exaggerated. Mouth can be easily handled. Thank you very much for taking the time to point out my mistakes (same goes to Sin and Graphicus).

thanks for doing lady too :)

Anytime, thank you for coming to me for an art request. I'll be working on both tonight.