YesNoOk

Ideas for the request section (Read 20914 times)

Started by Skank88, August 28, 2007, 12:04:29 pm
Share this topic:

Poll

You want the request section closed or open?

Closed, too spamming and leechers!!!
48 (60%)
Open, because i can't make request!
17 (21.3%)
None
15 (18.8%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Re: Survivor: Request section...
#101  September 07, 2007, 06:05:09 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i see bumping as a worse problem, currently.
#102  September 07, 2007, 06:07:54 am
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
i see bumping as a worse problem, currently.

Sadly, it seems that this is the only option.  When a non-retarded request is posted, it only stays on the first page for probably about an hour before it's knocked down by stupid noob requests.  Bumping is the only way to keep said valid requests in sight.
#103  September 07, 2007, 11:00:47 am
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
Interesting ideas.

No's to:

I wouldn't got for "voting off the island" (takes long, makes drama, takes a few minutes to register and unlock another account if you're voted off).

The bumping with double posts and the like has been brought up before, one suggestion was another forum mod that disallows bumping in that section--but

1) could be easily circumvented by two friends who bump each other's topic in turn
2) what Bane84 posted

What could be tried and done:

To improve the situation Valodim will eventually write a forum modification as suggested by L.o.t.F. and agreed upon by everybody here that allows only one topic per user in the request section (... yes but you could still register another account or: if only a third of the users have one request topic that's still 6,000 topics).

No matter the kind of technical restriction we might build... they can only help so much.

What else could be tried? Assigning moderators to the section. Meh. I can think of two ways, both could be tried

1) Giving section moderation power to "users, such as those who actually help the other members" and who are interested in having a better working request section. Depends on how many that might be. Having not checked the section much this week, I can think of around a handful of names at the moment. Hmmm. More? The more the merrier in this case, I suppose. And there's probably not gonna be a shortage of TAKE ME TAKE ME posts anyway. Hm.

2) Give all users moderation power for... okay no. XD
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)
#104  September 07, 2007, 03:33:41 pm
Thanks staff members, I appreciate it.
#105  September 07, 2007, 04:44:35 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
note that if someone is to moderate the requests forums, he will moderate only that section, and he would mdoerate indictator mode, don't want headaches for the guy.
Re: Ideas for the request section
#106  September 07, 2007, 06:33:41 pm
  • can see your halo
    • Germany
    • Skype - panchasell
    • www.mugenguild.com/
"Several times now, Achamian thought he had glimpsed golden haloes about Kellhus's hands. He found himself envying those, such as Proyas, who claimed to see them all the time."
--R. Scott Bakker
The Thousandfold Thought (2006)