Not sure if anyone asked this but..... Will it show/support more than 2 lifebars like mvc2 I guess
Some nice progress when it comes to expanding lifebar DEF functionality. Here is what I've already implemented (none of this is possible in mugen from within lifebar DEF):
- BG, BGDef, BGCtrlDef, BGCtrl support (expanded with triggers)
currently supported BGCtrlDef trigger list:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty- optional 8 players support in [Simul Face], [Simul Name]
- new [Tag Face], [Tag Name] sections (if not present vanilla Simul sections are used instead)
- [Round] section now supports more events: Win by normal / Win by special / Win by hyper / Win by normal throw / Win by cheese / Win by time over / Win by suicide / Opponent beaten by his own teammate / Win by perfect
- [Challenger] section ("Here Comes A New Challenger" anim / bg / text, sound and config how soon players should be paused and when to end the match)
- [Simul_3P Lifebar], [Simul_4P Lifebar], [Tag Lifebar], [Tag_3P Lifebar], [Tag_4P Lifebar] - new sections for team 3p and 4p team sizes (matches with up to 8 players) for simul and tag mode, so that we can use different lifebar layout depending on team count
- [Simul Powerbar], [Simul_3P Powerbar], [Simul_4P Powerbar], [Tag Powerbar] (more than 2 players are used only if "team power share" is disabled in options), [Turns Powerbar]
- [Powerbar] levelX.snd now supports 'pX.' prefix in order to optionally differentiate sounds among players (or to disable them for particular player if paramvalue is set to '-1, 0')
- lifebar changing color depending on health (pX.front.spr / pX.front.anim now can store additional value in the name e.g. pX.front90.spr, which is used to swap the current front spr / animation to this one if player's life matches the percentage value. There can be multiple frontX spr/anim assignments (no hard limits).
Here is an example of a simul 3p vs simul 4p match interrupted by challenger (default lifebar using optional [Simul_3P Lifebar], [Simul_4P Lifebar], [Challenger] sections. Only 2 powerbars and faces because adding more with this lifebar design would look even more silly)
There is still some work to make the lifebar DEF file flexible enough to make convoluted explode lifebars workaround obsolete. Next on the schedule are events like "First Attack", "Danger", "Reversal", "Counter", combo text, guard bar, coloring powerbars etc. It's becoming more and more troublesome to implement this stuff using current lifebar due to missing art and sounds, so I'm thinking about porting add004 lifebar (which is coded entierly with common1.cns and fightfx - there are like 2 sprites in fight.sff) to normal fight.def file, so that all new features can be showcased (something that can be used as a reference for those interested in working with ikemen GO Plus). I will contact Shiyo Kakuge if he is ok with this.
edit: tagging @GaziraAgain:, since he requested some of these features.