YesNoOk

MUGEN Releases tact and values refined (Read 20879 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, January 31, 2014, 05:48:14 pm
Share this topic:
Re: MUGEN Releases tact and values refined
#21  January 31, 2014, 09:10:46 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Ohhh? Well that's interesting, I had no idea the forum was going that way. In fact I assumed it was going the other direction with leniency.
#22  January 31, 2014, 09:10:56 pm
    • USA
This is going a bit too far though. You may as well just disallow any kind of posting and just let us use a "like post" system, and even then people will get offended by not getting enough "likes". People will always find something to get offended about, ALWAYS. Heck, putting such lame limit in our txt files will probably offend somebody already.

Of course it's easy to just push people to remove stuff from their txt files. But the rule itself being there will already make people think stuff like "wow this site is full of highly sensitive people! I'd rather stay away from it!". Besides, do you really want people to create a different txt file (Which means a different rar file uploaded to a different link) just for this site? Just to avoid offending somebody, even if by accident? This is so impractical it hurts.
Disregard all of this, we all know NOBODY reads the forum rules.

If the situation is SO RARE, then WHY is this becoming a rule?
#23  January 31, 2014, 09:16:58 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Because we want to keep it rare or nonexistant.
Not for it to get traction, seem edgy, or be cool. I'm sorry if authors being forced to treat people like human beings in a text file is pushing free speech a bit much.

Posted: January 31, 2014, 09:21:41 pm
Ohhh? Well that's interesting, I had no idea the forum was going that way. In fact I assumed it was going the other direction with leniency.
Banning leniancy is the same. The anti bullying thing was gaining traction even while you were admin. You helped in it too :)
#24  January 31, 2014, 09:23:35 pm
    • USA
Is not like we're bound to the laws of freedom of speech anyway. It's a private forum.

I totally agree with Caddie though. It's like if you guys were trying to fix all of this via the least effective way by pushing one useless new rule instead of paying attention to the people who keep being negative around here over and over even though they keep getting chance after chance to behave better.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#25  January 31, 2014, 09:29:24 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Fix all of what? This was just for releases :p
#26  January 31, 2014, 09:33:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Joking aside I don't really see why is this so needed, the
Notes like the "fuck you" lists inside txt files aren't so
Popular. The people who usually have such section aren't
Serious at all. And the people who ARE serious about it
Usually end up leaving anyway
Cause' they get bored of mugen and are dumb or lack any
Knowledge to keep coding
Stuff for it. You can also just hide messages without being explicit.
every single time it lead to some kind of drama, either by one of the persons being mentioned trying to throw down in a release thread or later on it being brought up and creators trying to act dismissively and then raging while everyone told him to fuck off.

It always leads to derails and constant drama and rather explicitely tell people this wont be allowed than to just put up with it repeatedly.

If there are better ways to set that to a rule that solves it ( you know that doesnt pass by straight up barring people that have done it before ) im all ears, who knows we might find a better way to word it.

Vans put it better, the outside communities look at us negatively, and this doesnt help at all, when you can look in a project thread and see a merry bunch discussing which people to tell to fuck off , someone posting a video telling a creator to go fuck himself, or how many monkeys should represent the mgbr in a stage , you got a problem.

Last time we argued about that you were defending mc2 right to act as he did.  Are you doing a 180?

Or do you mean leniency when we dont straight up permabanned people for being dolts?
#27  January 31, 2014, 09:34:36 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
This is not some kind of thought police thing where only positive things can be said. This isn't even a new rule, it's something we've (selectively) enforced before; this topic is merely a clarification that we felt needed to be made because of recent events.

All this is is making it clear that stuff that is out of bounds if posted on the forums is likewise out of bounds if included in a release. That's literally it.
#28  January 31, 2014, 09:36:06 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Ah, you're right Iced. I guess things were going more that way when I left. So this makes sense.
#29  January 31, 2014, 09:43:30 pm
    • USA
Vans put it better, the outside communities look at us negatively, and this doesnt help at all, when you can look in a project thread and see a merry bunch discussing which people to tell to fuck off , someone posting a video telling a creator to go fuck himself, or how many monkeys should represent the mgbr in a stage , you got a problem.

I don't know who got warned or banned because of that but oh boy it was totally worth it lol. So hilarious, I need to find that post now.
#30  January 31, 2014, 09:46:58 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
It always leads to derails and constant drama

Bingo. While not everyone is going to agree with this or see it as us mods do, Iced nailed it with that quote I have above my typing here. You can't enforce everything. That is impossible. However, you can take the best possible steps to avoid massive trainwrecks from derailments of topics and keep drama to a minimum.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#31  January 31, 2014, 09:51:28 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
If someone is worried that their threads will get derailed and then mods intervene there will be less likely chance to get something like that.
at any rate, red, really, i invite you or anyone else to find me a better solution and we will discuss it out. But you go to agree that while you think that monkey quote is "hilarious" anyone else from outside would think of us as being idiots,  its like what happened with "big sally" , no one batted an eye but to anyone from outside that was incredibly incredibly retarded and outdated.
#32  January 31, 2014, 10:23:48 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You're going to start... deleting releases until they're made sanitary? Nothing to stop a user providing 2 links, one here, one off site and the one off site continues to contain said list. The drama will come here still.

I don't agree with this, that's far too controlling. It's also not that common. You're making a rule for 2 people. That's bollocks.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#33  January 31, 2014, 10:34:41 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
You're going to start... deleting releases until they're made sanitary? Nothing to stop a user providing 2 links, one here, one off site and the one off site continues to contain said list. The drama will come here still.

I don't agree with this, that's far too controlling. It's also not that common. You're making a rule for 2 people. That's bollocks.
I completely agree with this, moreso with the whole "rule for two people" bit, as there are literally two, maybe not even two people that I know do this, and this would just be an unnecessary burden to the mods IMO.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#34  January 31, 2014, 10:46:59 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
We're not enforcing anything new.We haven't even changed our minds.
This isn't even a new rule, it's something we've (selectively) enforced before; this topic is merely a clarification that we felt needed to be made because of recent events.

This isn't a 'new rule' as much as it is a 'fair warning'. You can't do something that in the past we would've told you you couldn't do after you did it. 
#35  January 31, 2014, 10:51:34 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Knowledge to keep coding
Classy. :V
#36  January 31, 2014, 11:11:07 pm
You're going to start... deleting releases until they're made sanitary?
nobody said anything about deleting releases. if anything it'll be a moderator saying "hey cut that shit out" in the same vein a moderator replies to an offending post with "hey cut that shit out" instead of outright deleting the post.
#37  January 31, 2014, 11:12:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
yeah its just warning ahead that the shithead rule extends to whatever is inside your characters.
we arent going to be filtering them either. if someone complains about it and we deem you are being a shithead to them you are moderated as if the thing you are being a shithead about is posted in the forum.
#38  January 31, 2014, 11:16:50 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Knowledge to keep coding
Classy. :V

First of all, that's fucking clever. Good eye!!

And I think he is an upstanding lad. :mmhmm:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#39  January 31, 2014, 11:34:39 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I'm fine with this, no one reads my readme's anyway otherwise I wouldn't get the same stupid bad uninformed questions in every release thread. Either way I don't see how something like that is worth moderating unless the char is explicitly designed to be insulting someone. It's not really our business to tell people what they can and cant say in their readme to have a release thread here. Hell I'm pretty sure that's a form of violation toward freedom of speech but since this isn't a US only forum that goes out the window or whatever. Either way it's my personal unimportant opinion that it's a waste of time to bother with.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#40  January 31, 2014, 11:38:35 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I think your opinion isn't stupid at all. Seriously.

The way I see it is just keeping the peace with all of this. The last thing I would want is a directed yet subtle attack aimed at someone causing a gigantic ruckus and ruining Guild's credibility. Not everyone is going to agree with this too. I get that. But we have our reasons.