YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread (Read 1533156 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:49:06 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter Alpha/CPS2 Sprite thread
#81  April 04, 2015, 02:07:53 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
LOL Thank you, man! The fix looks very beautiful in the eyes! I will try my best to shade it. And yes, I should've tried it first. Also, I thought you only fixed his left arm and jeans. Now I found out you shaded the jeans. Then you cleaned everything including the shirt which I should've done. Kudos!
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#82  April 04, 2015, 02:36:59 am
    • USA
SF sprite conversions aren't the only thing I do.

This is Apache Chief, that borderline racist Native American stereotype from that incredibly campy 1970's Superfriends cartoon.

Speaking of DC Comics.

I have no idea why I made this.
#83  April 04, 2015, 02:48:27 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

This is Apache Chief, that borderline racist Native American stereotype from that incredibly campy 1970's Superfriends cartoon.

Speaking of DC Comics.

The Apache Chief sprite needs a lot of fixing. There is practically no muscle detail on the legs, and the muscle details on his arms and torso look abnormal. In addition, the his clothing looks very bland; there are no folding details, and the boots look terrible to be honest. I'd say you should take a look at the SFA sprites of Zangief and T.Hawk himself and get a good idea of how the details on clothing and muscles work in CPS2 sprites.

But I'll admit, that Green Lantern Corps Karin is mighty fine. :)
This is a generic forum signature.
#84  April 04, 2015, 02:59:32 am
    • USA

Speaking of DC Comics.

The Apache Chief sprite needs a lot of fixing. There is practically no muscle detail on the legs, and the muscle details on his arms and torso look abnormal. In addition, the his clothing looks very bland; there are no folding details, and the boots look terrible to be honest. I'd say you should take a look at the SFA sprites of Zangief and T.Hawk himself and get a good idea of how the details on clothing and muscles work in CPS2 sprites.

But I'll admit, that Green Lantern Corps Karin is mighty fine. :)

I appreciate that you actually point out what I did wrong instead of going "bla bla bla this is all bad go drown yourself"

And I'm glad you like that Karin GL costume, I plan on making a "floating stance" and a "transformation" soon.
#85  April 04, 2015, 03:42:42 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I appreciate that you actually point out what I did wrong instead of going "bla bla bla this is all bad go drown yourself"

And I'm glad you like that Karin GL costume, I plan on making a "floating stance" and a "transformation" soon.

Glad to be of service, man! And I'll be waiting on that floating and transformation animations for Karin! :D :D

#86  April 04, 2015, 03:30:05 pm
The full ones are from PrimeOp in the first, second, sixth, and last frames. The upper part with my outlines in the third and fifth frames is from Laslunder. The upper part in the middle and fourth is from Kojunho. I modified the pants on my own. (Did it for testing.)

Just to test the stand-to-crouch and crouch-to-stand. What do you think?
Titiln said:

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#87  April 04, 2015, 04:04:57 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Wow, those are great. Please proceed, I wanna use those for a CvS sprite project man. :D :D :D
#88  April 04, 2015, 05:00:58 pm
Oops, I'm such a show-off on this. LOL

I wish somebody could help me with revamping Cody sprites. I can't be the only person to do everything on the sprites since there are so many. If no one will, then I will do them myself. But hey, maybe tracing is both fun and tough to do on Cody. It's up to anyone who wants to help me with that. Otherwise, not, so it's okay.

Do you plan on spriting him into CVS style?
Titiln said:

#89  April 05, 2015, 01:57:43 am
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Really cool revamp on Cody sprites Enso :laugh:, if you have intention to revamp all Cody sprites, I have some pack with more polished sprites, send me a pm if you are interested.
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#90  April 05, 2015, 10:40:57 am
Let me guess, PrimeOp's sprites? Or Laslunder's? He's using those.

Enso, I'll help you a bit in revamping the sprites. I'm now working on that gif you posted.
Before anything, we have to keep one palette. The palettes of the sprites are slightly different, but the difference is there.
Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:56:47 am by Alex Sinigaglia
#91  April 05, 2015, 02:19:44 pm
OK, I need help with his right arm (viewer's left) plus the shading of the pants which I did it. It can be any other which you think there's something wrong.

Titiln said:

#92  April 05, 2015, 03:40:24 pm
See that shoe? It has blue colours. That's what I was referring to.
In that frame you posted you could have copied and pasted the left (viewer's right) shoe from the last frame, like I did (look below).

I was doing my own edits and fixes + another frame, but I'm still not done.

Please use this. It has the palette (almost) fixed.

I'm almost done with this. I just need to do some touch ups here and there.

Finished:

15 colours + 1 of transparency (the magenta colour).
Use this one instead.
I finished this two hours ago, but I still keep editing my post. :omg:

Anyway, as you can see from the preview I posted before, I added one more frame to make things smoother. And all started with some random doodles. Let me know if you want to make a project and we could make a topic in the Idea Engineering board, as a starting point.
Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 10:13:39 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#93  April 05, 2015, 11:05:36 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Yes, that looks a lot better. Can't say that I understand the movement of his left hand, though. It just looks so stiff.

Edited the hand along some other general fixes.

Shit
#94  April 05, 2015, 11:26:52 pm
I know you were talking about the shoes but I forgot to post here that I can swap shoe colors with actual gray colors. I have no problem with swapping colors though. :) Truth is, I didn't have time to swap, but I wanted to. But hey, thanks a lot! ;D I was expecting some feedback so that I could retweak the arm, but because of what you did, I absolutely appreciate the help you did! :D The animation looks sexy! Thanks again!

MotorRoach, that one is great! I can see the difference with the left hand (viewer's right) you fixed. Thanks!

Thanks Alex and MR!
Titiln said:

#95  April 05, 2015, 11:35:38 pm
Thank you very much, MotorRoach!
I see the improvements: the left shoe (our right), the arms' shading, the right shoe's position (our left) in the third frame, you shortened the jeans a bit in the fifth frame and some pixels here and there.

:thumbsup:
#96  April 06, 2015, 07:21:05 am
  • I like bread
    • USA
Some of my old simple edits from a couple years back.
I do plan to make this a full character someday now that I'm back into MUGEN again. Probably a CvS pots style.

If you guys every remember the XAT chat rooms with the smilies. I'd probably make this too.

All shotos, I'm so original.
#97  April 06, 2015, 10:55:06 am
I notice that brown guy is a frankensprite so I like the way he looks with a sombrero while holding a taco.

You got some good edits too with the shotos. ;)
Titiln said:

#98  April 07, 2015, 04:11:07 am
    • USA
HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER!

Name: Zeke.

Game: Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

And yes, I did use one of PrimeOp's Cody sprites for this base, and I used Cable's gun because I thought it would've been perfect.
#99  April 07, 2015, 08:03:41 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Damn, one of his arms looks so thick compared to the other. And one of his hands look pretty huge as well.

Shit
#100  April 12, 2015, 01:32:18 am
Let me guess, PrimeOp's sprites? Or Laslunder's? He's using those.

I know I'm late on this, but I did mention Kojunho some posts ago.  Anyway, it's not just PrimeOp's or Laslunder's I was using, I also used Kojunho's along with his right hand and arm. Now that I look at it again, I regret using Kojunho ones. It's better I use only Laslunder's sprites instead of Kojunho's.
Titiln said:

Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:35:25 am by Enso