YesNoOk

BIRDIE (Read 32354 times)

Started by JustNoPoint, April 13, 2014, 08:05:45 pm
BIRDIE
#1  April 13, 2014, 08:05:45 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
All coding focus is still on Ryu, but Birdie will be one of the next 3 focus characters.

Here's a preliminary move list

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Bull Drop
f+SK - Birdie puts a hand in his pocket while lifting his left leg almost straight up.  He then drops his leg down. Over head attack
Bad Hammer
press u after both hits of his close standing SP - Birdie performs a jumping HP attack after his close standing HP
Body Slam
in air d+SP - Does a body press slam in the air
Punch/forward Throw = Bull Spike
Kick/backwards Throw = Bad Throw

Comeback Technique 1 (defence type) = Chain Wall
- db+2P (backwards) or df+2P (forward) after being knocked down. Costs half a bar.
- Birdie hits the ground rolling forward or backwards leaving a small wall of chains where he landed. This wall stays in that location until it absorbs up to 3 hits. It has it's own push box against the opponent that does not effect Birdie.
Comeback Technique 2 (attack type) = LVL3 Bull Horn.
- d+2K after being knocked down. Costs a bar.
- Birdie lands straight into his LVL3 charged Bull Horn attack
Guard Break Attack = Overhead Knife Swipe
Zero Counter Punch = LVL1 Bull Horn
Zero Counter Kick = UHHH I don't like the kick one he has in SFA
Bull Head
b(hold), f+P - charges forward
[EX] Bull Head
b(hold), f+2P then p -charges forward press one of the following punch buttons to follow the move
-LP makes him do another dash forward with an extra hit
-MP makes him dash back for 1 hit
-SP makes him do his Bad Hammer

Bull Horn
hold 2P or 2K - More damage and hits the longer you hold the button. Initial head turn frame is immune to projectiles.

Murderer Chain
360 + P - Birdie wraps his chains around his opponent's neck and slams them to the ground, once in one direction, then again in the other. Keeps the opponent close.
[EX] Murderer Chain
360 + 2P - Slams a third time for more damage. Has slightly more reach

Bandit Chain
360 + K - Birdie uses his chains to slam his opponent into the ground once, twice, or three times, then flings them behind him.
[EX ]Bandit Chain
360 + 2K - Throws his chain out to grab the opponent and pulls them in. Less damage than SP version. (chain doesn't go super far, maybe another Ryu's distance)
[Super 1] The Birdie
-QCFx2+P ~Birdie performs multiple Bull Heads and finishes with a Bull Horn. He will dizzy his opponent after the first three hits, pause to taunt, then hit them with two more Bull Horns.

[Max Super 1] The Birdie
-QCBx2+2P ~Birdie performs multiple Bull Heads and finishes with a Bull Horn. He will dizzy his opponent after the first three hits, pause to taunt, then hit them with two more Bull Horns.  With this move you can cancel the move before the taunt while the opponent is dizzied.

[Super 2] Bull Revenger
-QCF+P orK ~He jumps forward, about the distance of a normal jump if Punch is used,or the distance of two jumps (across the screen) if Kick is used. Upon landing, he grabs his opponent and uses multiple Murderer and Bandit Chains on his foe, always finishing with a Murderer Chain.
[Max Super 2] Bull Revenger
-QCF+2P or 2K ~He jumps forward, about the distance of a normal jump if Punch is used,or the distance of two jumps (across the screen) if Kick is used. Upon landing, he grabs his opponent and uses multiple Murderer and Bandit Chains on his foe, always finishing with a Murderer Chain. Adds more slams/damage. Can also control the distance even more with forward and back ala El Fuerte's Ultra 1

[Super 3] Rampaging Chain
-720 +P ~close range super throw that we get to attempt to concept
[Max Super 3] Rampaging Chain
-720 +2P  -More reach More damage?
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:22:37 pm by voidednumb
Re: Birdie, our British Punk Rocker
#2  April 13, 2014, 11:41:32 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
I pretty much give up working on the 1st post with my phone. It's just too hard. I'll complete it later.

In the meantime: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no one has created a properly aligned Birdie thus far have they? If not it looks like this one'll be from scratch. @Warioakuma: what all edits do you have for this fine chap?
#3  April 13, 2014, 11:52:26 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I have a running animation I commissioned from Diepod, but that's about it.

And no, nobody's done a properly-aligned Birdie to my knowledge. I was gonna attempt it, but that's waaaaaaaay down the road, because he has a lot of assets from SFZ2 that I think look superior to the stuff in SFZ3, and mine would basically combine the best of both worlds into one character.
#4  April 14, 2014, 12:07:02 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Can you tell me what those are? Maybe I'll need to rip him from that game too? I don't remember noticing any but I've never really looked either.
#5  April 14, 2014, 03:48:24 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Finished his move list. Besides the kick Alpha Counter. Not sure what it should be.
#6  April 14, 2014, 06:04:53 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Off the top of my head, he has an intro where he scratches his gut and yawns, the chain-licking winpose is done from profile instead of a front view, some of the basics are different. I'll check more when I get home.
#7  April 14, 2014, 07:55:32 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
OKAY bear in mind that I didn't clean any of these, they were just quicky screenshots I took while running both games side by side

Spoiler: L.O.D.S. of E.M.O.N.E. Wuzzat spell?! LOADSAIMAGES! Proably. (click to see content)

There's some more but they're pretty minor changes and I think you get the idea.
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:23:26 am by WarioAkuma
#8  April 14, 2014, 08:14:55 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
During the run of SF Alpha/Zero series, Birdie must have been the only character that had interestingly undergone sprite modification each game.
#9  April 14, 2014, 08:35:34 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Oh my god you're right.

Thankfully the only real notable changes in SFZ1 are as follows. (just refer back to the last post for references)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
As you can see here, though, the spritework is VERY rough, so you'd probably have to make edits to him if you're gonna use anything from this game.
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:41:35 am by WarioAkuma
#10  April 14, 2014, 09:05:18 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Those are very useful, WarioAkuma.

By the way, I made an ALIEN COLOURS palete for Jin Kazama's Birdie. I don't know if it's the best or the most complete Birdie around, though.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

As you can see, Capcom was SO lazy at some sprites, not spriting some details, or keeping others in the shaaaaaadowssss. Crotch is an example, look at the side turn. So, before making the CS, I would have to sprite missing details.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#11  April 14, 2014, 09:16:46 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Almost everything Jin Kazama made is alright. It's just that they're all really fucking old. DOS MUGEN old.

EDIT: To clarify, this means that these are likely in the char

- Sprites that might be misaligned
- Sprites with palettes that won't work correctly in WinMUGEN or MUGEN 1.0/1.1
- Damage values calculated by counting pixels on the lifebar
- Vels calculated by counting pixels
- Inaccurate hitboxes, which wouldn't normally be a problem except that back in those days, good hitboxes meant that Blue and Red hitboxes overlapped completely which is not how fighting games do it at all.

Wait a sec, Jin Kazama made a Birdie?!?!?!
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:44:44 am by WarioAkuma
#12  April 14, 2014, 09:30:43 am
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
Who made this other Birdie?

Or is this the birdie that we are going to use?
My image parsing is stupid.
#13  April 14, 2014, 09:32:00 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
You know that's a screenshot from SFA3 and not MUGEN, right?
#14  April 14, 2014, 09:33:23 am
  • Screenpack Novice
  • *Also accepts laundry service during Sundays.
    • Philippines
oh.

*walk of shame*
My image parsing is stupid.
#15  April 14, 2014, 10:29:51 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I know that stuff is pretty OLD. I didn't threw the old PC, because it's the one I use for spriting or writting my books...and I have some OLD stuff there, including that Birdie(and some others) from the MSDOS era of mugen. And, as said in his Readme, it has nearly EVERYTHING from SFZ2 and Z3. Oh, and we can also use those sprites, we just have to give credit  :D!

So, I made a palete like that for putting the sprites in a BMP, fix what's needed(mostly, some crotches areas D: ) and once done, start the CS I have in mind(it's not a BIG CS though). I'll also add that awesome run too :D!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#16  April 14, 2014, 11:29:47 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Looks like I get to do some ripping from SFA 1 and 2! About to go to work, we didn't have any sprite rippers on the project besides me did we?
Should only take me a day it 2 to rip his sprites. Still focussing on Ryu's basics first.
#17  April 14, 2014, 11:34:33 am
  • The Mad Editor
    • Philippines
BTW, does Birdie have any animation sequence that involves the big bloke himself sneezing?

Perhaps he could have a special victory pose like that, though after some few moments, he turns paler due to getting sick as he caught that weird "nasty flu again".. Something of a throwback to his first SF game appearance where he's first depicted as a lighter skin toned caucasian. (Due to that strange "strain of nasty flu".)
#18  April 14, 2014, 11:45:58 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Actually he does have a sneezing animation in SFZ2. It's his time-over lose pose, but he doesn't get paler. Would be a funny effect though, and could probably be pulled off easily in 1.0 with all the palette options.
Re: BIRDIE
#19  April 15, 2014, 05:33:21 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
For many of his basics that are tweaked it might be fun to just make them come out randomly so they don't always look exactly the same but have the same CLSNs
Re: BIRDIE
#20  April 15, 2014, 05:34:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
you can probably reuse one of those for his focus attack.

Or you can go and use his pocket knife for that