YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17371805 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#1841  July 05, 2018, 12:50:29 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Really not a fan of how much of their decision was speculative power scaling based on other character's feats.  "Akuma/Kazuya did this, and Ryu/Jin beat him, which means Ryu/Jin can do that."

I don't know anything about Afro Samurai except for that one game that was so shit they pulled it off the marketplace on all platforms, deleted it from everyone's hard drives who had already bought it and gave a full refund for every single purchase.  Still, I'm actually really looking forward to this one.  Thematically, it's a really cool matchup that should be really interesting. 
#1842  July 05, 2018, 04:58:53 am
it was an edgy two volume manga that was adapted to a 5 episodes anime and a movie, that somewhat toned down how much of a ruthless shitbag afro in the manga was.
which was the right decision, who would cheer for a psychopath who uses a woman as a human shield and decapitate her afterwards.
the first game and the anime are pretty cool tho, samuel jackson is great in them.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#1843  July 05, 2018, 05:25:22 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
That was another good 3D animation.  It's a shame they can't do those more often, I would have liked Strange vs Fate to be like that.  Though I don't get what the deal was with the underground World Tree, was that some Tekken homage?

It's them taking full advantage of the Rooster Teeth ownership because that was a reused environment from this past season of RWBY

Which of course means it's the most action that environment has seen

That's a joke about how boring the fights in RWBY are now
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1844  July 05, 2018, 07:27:05 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
I wasn't aware they were ever good.  I thought it was anime Harry Potter.  Which seems to be a thing in style, nowadays.

Yeah, though, I did kinda blank on how horrible a person Afro was, I dunno why I was worried about Jack's sword at all killing him, if the technecally still innocent Daughters of Aku could be slain by it.  Never mind, then, Jack's got this thrice over.

Really not a fan of how much of their decision was speculative power scaling based on other character's feats.  "Akuma/Kazuya did this, and Ryu/Jin beat him, which means Ryu/Jin can do that." 
I just want to say while yes, power scaling often has its faults, in this case it seems logical because both of the characters each are respectively being compared to have the same powers as them and are related/supposedly related.  It's not like, say for random example, Superman got hit by two planets crashing into one another and survived but hurt him, then Green Lantern punched him with his ring and it hurt, thus Green Lantern ring punches hits relatively around the force of two planets colliding.
Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 10:00:42 am by Long John Killer
#1845  July 05, 2018, 12:26:17 pm
  • Was it something I said?
I don't think Jack has killed anyone (living, not robotic-wise) with his sword. But that didn't stop him from killing the Daughters of Aku with other weapons, so he could probably use Afro's own sword to kill him.
#1846  July 05, 2018, 08:55:46 pm
    • UK
the fight and music was good
next time is one sided for jack

as for the actual results
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
A lot of VS debators, shows and communities said this one is wrong
#1847  July 06, 2018, 12:17:40 am
  • See you in your nightmares!
    • Sweden
    • bley43@gmail.com
^
Honestly very disappointed with the results. Instead of giving petty wins and cherry picking, they should be straight and honest.
#1848  July 06, 2018, 01:45:46 am
  • Niigasan
the fight and music was good
next time is one sided for jack

as for the actual results
A lot of VS debators, shows and communities said this one is wrong

A pity win indeed, exactly my thoughts
#1849  July 06, 2018, 03:12:22 am
    • USA
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:15:45 am by Long John Killer
#1850  July 06, 2018, 03:16:14 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Why does every result you don't like have to have some kind of ulterior motive?  Why is it that hard to just accept that your favorite character isn't invincible and hold the L?  If you wanted to make the case that they specifically picked an opponent he could beat, sure.  But there's not really any gain to skewering the result in favor of either party.  It's not like there's a conspiracy to somehow kill your favorite series by making the main character lose.  I think maybe these "vs debator communities" are upset that a third party did not adhere to their confirmation bias.
#1851  July 06, 2018, 03:21:31 am
    • USA
Not for nothing, Death Battle specifically does have a bit of a stigma around it for that very specific reason thanks to Yang vs Tifa. (And to an extent Superman vs Goku looking for hype more than accuracy, but that's old news and that's a match-up without any singular solid outcome anyways)

But they have nothing to gain in this case, and it would be ridiculous to suspect that they needed to break any win/lose streak.  It does suck whenever they bring something new and fresh to the series and kill it off to something overall less impressive (Ramona vs Amy still sucks) but yeah, it's just speculation for fun.  I disagree with around 80% of these videos but they're still just fun "what if's?".
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:28:56 am by Long John Killer
#1852  July 06, 2018, 04:51:19 am
  • "I'm...The Champion"
    • USA
For the next DBX(or at least one minute melee) I want:

Mai(KOF) vs Yumi(Senran Kagura)

Or Asuka(Senran Kagura) vs Karai(TMNT)

EDIT: Although I want my SK Waifus to win.
Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 06:35:34 am by ZeroCannon
#1853  July 06, 2018, 02:04:37 pm
    • UK
Why does every result you don't like have to have some kind of ulterior motive?  Why is it that hard to just accept that your favorite character isn't invincible and hold the L?
Rooting for someone and knowing who wins is two different things
I was ok with jotaro and frank losing as i had to stretch far to make the fight seem less one sided

but this was literally a cherry picked fight, no way at looking around the fact that jin was summed down as "that dude with the lasers" with every other power and ability cut from his lineup just cuz alongside the fact that they used non canon feats and scaling from comics and crossover games for ryu. Or do you just think everything death battle says should go without questioning since they are the know all source for VS shows. (Don't you see the irony calling everyone bias while at the same time going on about how DB is always right?)

^Fighting jam.... not even a street fighter game nor a fighter with a story behind it

@Long John Killer

Its canon in T5 that hwoarang got his ass beat by devil jin after holding the advantage against jin in his base
Whether this  is an accurate representation or not still holds enough reference value to be counted... but nope

Since balrog vs TJ i've seen (and i'm sure they've seen) a lot of complaints and comments about how SF is solely on DB just to lose. with their last win being blanka vs a pikachu. I wouldn't even mind had they made a better pity match like ryu vs kazuya/ iron fist/Ryo sakazaki(which would also give SNK an L) but hey whatever.... im just butthurt right?
#1854  July 06, 2018, 04:08:08 pm
    • USA
Yes, you are.  You’re accusing them of cherry picking in favor of Ryu, but you are literally cherry picking in favor of Jin in all of your posts.  You really are coming across as super butthurt and petty because your guy lost.
#1855  July 06, 2018, 05:44:06 pm
  • Was it something I said?
They clearly stated IF (and this is a big IF) Akuma destroying the meteor feat was to be judged, then they would've had used the Jack destroying the meteor feat, and Akuma's meteor was closer to impact and possibly one punch while it took more blows, and further distance for the Jack to blow it up.
#1856  July 06, 2018, 06:40:06 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
I can understand that Kazuya would be a decent point to start when it comes to Jin's powers with the Devil Gene. Kazuya, though, has better control of its powers (as seen in Tekken 7) then Jin does, so it stands to reason Devil Jin might not be as strong as Devil Kazuya.

What I don't understand is comparing Akuma to Ryu. Yes, they have the same fighting style... but Akuma is more brute force in his style. I fail to understand the connection here outside of the idea of them having the same fighting style.

Other then that, I thought it was a great match.
#1857  July 06, 2018, 10:24:53 pm
    • UK
Yes, you are.  You’re accusing them of cherry picking in favor of Ryu, but you are literally cherry picking in favor of Jin in all of your posts.  You really are coming across as super butthurt and petty because your guy lost.
I fail to see how listing what jin literally can do(that wasn't used) before and after the death battle is cherry picking.
If they're going to give everything for ryu, the same should be done for jin
#1858  July 06, 2018, 11:50:09 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
And again Asura’s wrath wasnt included,and Asura did smash Ryu into fucking moon and he survived(he transformed evil but still survived) that feat is bigger than anything Jin can do,Didnt Evil Ryu fix Aagus’s crack on earth with Messatsu Goshoryu? That alone should outpower Jin
#1859  July 08, 2018, 08:51:16 pm
    • USA

Their latest Death Battle Cast goes into breaking down the Ryu/Jin fight as well.  Including Akuma's role between the two franchises.

And I guess the next episode isn't sprites or 3D, they're doing the whole things hand drawn again.  Eh, I guess that's fine, but I thought the 3D models would have less clashing between art styles.  Jack and Afro look just way too different, and it shows that Afro here ended up less detailed.
Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:55:55 pm by Long John Killer
#1860  July 11, 2018, 11:18:03 pm
    • USA
Applejack: