YesNoOk

Fiona [Versus series style] (Read 21518 times)

Started by Nestor, October 31, 2016, 04:09:07 am
Share this topic:
Fiona [Versus series style]
#1  October 31, 2016, 04:09:07 am
    • Mexico
    • https://nestor-2099.github.io/gamedev/
Re: Fiona [Versus series style]
#2  October 31, 2016, 04:10:18 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Wait, what? Just appeared and "boom"

That's a big surprise :D :D :D
- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#3  October 31, 2016, 04:13:59 am
    • USA
wooooooah what the heeeeeeck, now THIS is surprising
#4  October 31, 2016, 05:21:28 am
  • Passing Through
Hm, the iron maiden, is it always supposed to show up on the right?, even if the super is activated while on the right of the opponent?

Also seems to have that problem where if the mines or hewie get hit by an attack it becomes a clone of Fiona
Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:15:21 am by Dark Waifu
#5  October 31, 2016, 05:27:38 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Like a ghost in the night, it rears its head!
#6  October 31, 2016, 05:37:46 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Nice release! The dogs sprite should be a little higher up so you won't see his feet under Fiona's feet.
Also lower Fiona's sprite she look floaty in some stages.

Depending on the character the Forward Mk into QCF Mk or QCF Hk is a infinite combo/block string. Some times QCF Mk or QCF Hk specials start late or just don't come out at all during that string.
Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 05:51:12 am by Insigniawarfare
#7  October 31, 2016, 05:42:34 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Haunting Ground? In MY MUGEN?
Now it's more likely than you think.
Check it later.
#8  October 31, 2016, 07:15:51 am
    • Thailand
Nice release! The dogs sprite should be a little higher up so you won't see his feet under Fiona's feet.
Also lower Fiona's sprite she look floaty in some stages.

Depending on the character the Forward Mk into QCF Mk or QCF Hk is a infinite combo/block string. Some times QCF Mk or QCF Hk specials start late or just don't come out at all during that string.

What the name of stage in pic? and where I can download?
#9  October 31, 2016, 09:52:32 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
Well, now I finally tested Fiona. I really impressed. Here is some feedback:
-When you hit Huwie, he shows his true self.

All in all, really great char. Even if I'm not fan of her tranforming supers, but it mainly because of suits themselfs, so I don't have complains about them.
Waiting for it to be finished and hope you'll take next Scissorman from "youknowwhatgamesomuchconnectedtohauntedground'.
#10  October 31, 2016, 01:07:29 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
MAH BOI THIS PIECE IS WHAT ALL TRUE WARRIORS STIVE FOR!
#11  October 31, 2016, 03:00:12 pm
    • Brazil
    • chng.it/QbGdS8rbnh
Wow, what a real surprise! Just by seein some advance related to CFAS makes me happy.

Didn't have a chance to play the source game itself, but the amount of work you guys put on this char alone already makes it worthy to try her out.
#12  October 31, 2016, 04:29:17 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#13  October 31, 2016, 04:43:43 pm
  • Imagination is the 5th dimension
    • USA
    • sigil777music@gmail.com
Yes! Love her! I've been hoping you would eventually release her ever since I first saw you post pics/videos of her. Awesomeness. Thank you so much for this!
#14  October 31, 2016, 07:37:43 pm
  • Lovely Day
    • USA
    • alexpower333@gmail.com
Hey Orochi. I didn't have anything else to say because I've never been shock as a mugen player in my life.
#15  November 01, 2016, 04:17:15 am
cloning issues when she is attacked

DW

#16  November 01, 2016, 04:08:21 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Hey Nestor. :) I'm glad to see the dream isn't dead. Li_Kun does it yet again. Such a great spriter. DL'ing her now and I'll get back with you asap.
#17  November 01, 2016, 04:26:36 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Hey Orochi. I didn't have anything else to say because I've never been shock as a mugen player in my life.
Just wanting to note that I agree. You were complimenting not spamming :)

Orochi may not have understood the slang is all

OT: this looks beautiful!
#18  November 01, 2016, 07:39:18 pm
  • I want to see more in Mugen!
    • Brazil
That was unexpected, I liked it :D
#19  November 01, 2016, 09:51:31 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
Fiona in Mugen... cool.
My hat is a pancake.
#20  November 02, 2016, 05:07:28 am
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Here's my feedback on her gameplay and concepts:

* All of her level 1 hyper moves feel incredibly out of character to me. I'm familiar with Haunting Ground, and I'm aware that part of her outfits can grant her a specific weapon to begin with, but there's a fine line between something that is a side feature to her origin game, and making what is usually a scared girl suddenly dress like a frog and start hopping as one of her hyper moves while winking at the camera, or dress as a cowgirl and pull Dante's Jackpot on the opponent... it's just overly silly. If I may suggest something else for a hyper move concept, she could have the chandelier from the final fight against Debilitas to drop on top of the opponent, as she stands back in shock.

* Still on the matter of being out of character, there are a couple of attacks that I cannot personally imagine her doing. Some of her basic attacks fit her without much of an issue, then it starts to get a little off character with moves like her s. HK, where she stretches her leg out like an average fighter would, instead of someone fearing for her life. It gets even more unfitting with moves like her grabs, where she throws the opponent in ways you would expect out of Street Fighter characters, instead of a survival horror characters.

* The summons as of now are a little broken, in terms of balance, considering she's completely invincible during them. In fact, I easily beat Kamekaze's Frank West (which has some of the hardest AI out there) by mostly just summoning Riccardo, and then I could just combo from the wall bounce he gives afterwards.

* Her level 3 hyper is kind of a mess, considering how everything in it happens way too fast. Instead of having her to run while waving her arms like silly, I'd just make her desperately push the opponent to the spiked coffin directly, and then have a more impactful sound as it closes on the opponent (I haven't checked Haunting Ground in forever, so I couldn't even remember there being a spiked coffin, or why the move ends with water splashing on her).

The rest of the character is pretty impressive, mostly given her animations. The only letdowns from her sprites are the ones that are too obviously inspired from existing characters (like Maki, Athena, and Elizabeth), and part of her animations being a little too stiff, but it's still a fantastic work that I hope to see further being worked on.

Shit
Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 05:13:12 am by MotorRoach