YesNoOk

Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (Scott finished!) (Read 56762 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, October 15, 2012, 10:27:47 pm
Share this topic:
Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (Scott finished!)
#1  October 15, 2012, 10:27:47 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

As I said before, the version I made is more like a joke release than a normal one because there aren't enough sprites to make him (or any of the game) for MUGEN, so I promised myself to get those sprites at any cost to make a proper Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN. So, after looking without results some good (or any in this case) Xbox Live/PSN emu, I decided to compile screenshots and videos in all the net to resprite them by myself.

Well, this thread is made to show you my advances respriting Scott using various screenshots and videos of the game, here're some of the ones I made:

*NEW*
As you can see, also I'm interested in respriting sparks and other stuff from the game. And of course include real Scott's strikers (Ramona, Stephen, Kim, Knives and Wallace) as well various of these finished anims in my Scott char. My advances are faster now so I've been updating this thread to show you my new anims :D

That's all for now. Just enjoy the sprites, people ;)

Scott's sprites finished!! Get them here: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/scott-pilgrim-the-spritepack-154036.0.html

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 06:32:31 pm by Basara Cash
Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN
#2  October 15, 2012, 11:03:01 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Very cool and I'll keep lurking here ;)!
#3  October 15, 2012, 11:07:41 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
This sounds kind of... insane? I think it'd take less time to figure out how to extract the sprites from the game itself rather than try to redraw everything. :-\
#4  October 15, 2012, 11:14:10 pm
Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 11:20:48 pm by Titiln
#5  October 15, 2012, 11:47:04 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
That dude is basically doing the same thing as Basara, tho
#6  October 16, 2012, 12:44:03 am
    • Chile
Very cool and I'll keep lurking here ;)!
Thanks man :D

This sounds kind of... insane? I think it'd take less time to figure out how to extract the sprites from the game itself rather than try to redraw everything. :-\
The first thing I tried to do is looking for a XBLA emulator (even when I found the SPvTW game "emulated") and there's none actually. So my only option is resprite him in order to convert for MUGEN

have you tried extracting data from the xbla game using le fluffie or such

edit http://demonicbounty.deviantart.com/#/d58q6gb
Interesting, tell me more about it (also, thx for that link)

Now I'm working in gethits, as you see only I made one sprite and I'm working in a few more to get in the SFF. Also, all those sprites I show you (but the spark) already have the palette I used for my char :P

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  October 16, 2012, 12:58:02 am
    • USA
The first thing I tried to do is looking for a XBLA emulator (even when I found the SPvTW game "emulated") and there's none actually. So my only option is resprite him in order to convert for MUGEN
No, not extract through an emulator. :|

I meant extract through the data files, it's been done lots of times.
#8  October 16, 2012, 01:51:19 am
    • Chile
The data?? if were that easy, those sprites were already online time ago and not by me. Also, a gift for you:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#9  October 16, 2012, 01:57:12 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
lets say there is no emulator
lets say there is no way to hack the data

wouldnt it still be easier to get a tv input in your computer and load the game from the console and then take hd quality screenshots of it?
#10  October 16, 2012, 02:14:24 am
    • Chile
You forgot one, Iced...

Let's say there's no Xbox360 (and of course, no XBLA) to run the game :( all my work is based in screenshots and videos only

#11  October 16, 2012, 02:24:20 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
:gonk:

That doesn't sound good
#12  October 16, 2012, 02:48:04 am
    • Chile
Yeah, that's why I'm using this method of respriting by myself. Although it's fun and makes me work once again making sprites, stuff I didn't make since eons :) (I would like to "draw" sprites from scratch like many of great spriters here)

#13  October 16, 2012, 03:06:56 am
    • USA
Dont blame ya. Keep up the good work Basara.
#14  October 16, 2012, 05:15:04 am
    • USA
The data?? if were that easy, those sprites were already online time ago and not by me. Also, a gift for you:
I didn't say it was easy. But it can be done. Insanius has done it for many games, and it'd still probably be easier than trying to find every footage of sprite and then redrawing them.
#15  October 16, 2012, 06:23:46 am
That dude is basically doing the same thing as Basara, tho
that's why i posted the link dunderhead, so he doesn't have to do the same sprites.

le fluffie is a program that lets you extract and modify files from xbox 360 files. you can download it at http://skunkiebutt.com/?page_id=362 (it unfortunately has a lot of furry images). you would have to download that and the xbla game from some illegal site. that's all i know however, you'd probably get some data files that would require some other program to view. there's probably a similar procedure for the ps3 version but i'm not familiar with it.
#16  October 16, 2012, 09:58:55 pm
    • Chile
Wow, interesting. I'll download that program and see what's happen with it (about the game, I'll see how to get it), thanks Titiln

Dont blame ya. Keep up the good work Basara.
Thanks man ;)

Also, finished the sprite I showed you in works, I'll keep spriting the rest of the anim to get the new move for Scott (and downloading the gifs of Scott's friends for strikers), I hope to get the entire anim during this week ;)

#17  January 25, 2013, 05:29:18 am
    • Chile

Yes, I'm back respriting Scott. But this time with a new technique and the help of Rolento, who got shots from the game itself :D also, the sprites I already sprited has been added to Scott' SFF, as well Ramona, Stephen and Kim added as strikers (maybe you've seen them in Screenshots thread time ago).

So yeah, Scott is back... and stuff :D

#18  January 25, 2013, 03:30:30 pm
  • Whats a girlfriend? its something you can eat?
    • Spain
This is great, that reminds me i wanted to make a mini mugen fighting game with edits of Scott pilgrim to look like my friends and I XD
Looking foward to this!
#19  January 25, 2013, 07:16:47 pm
    • Chile
Well, about my last post, I got 2 words for you:

IT . WORKED

Soon the entire anim, as well other Scott sprites ;)

EDIT: Sorry, don't like the "attached file" and stuff

Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:35:29 pm by Basara A-17
Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (new walink ani
#20  January 30, 2013, 03:23:37 pm
    • Chile
They see me walkin'

They hatin'

Also, working on jump, made like 4-5 sprites, I hope to finish it this weekend. And thanks for your comments, sorry for don't say it before :P

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (jump & fall ready)
#21  February 13, 2013, 05:28:43 pm
    • Chile
They said I could be anything

So I became Paul Robertson :glasses2:
Jump and fall anims are ready (well, not much in jump, but it's usable now), I mastered the technique I used for making Scott sprites, now making KO anim and later the normal punches and kicks ;D so now you'll see more advances in short time, stay tuned!!

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (jump & fall ready)
#22  February 14, 2013, 12:35:47 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Sounds great Basara, are you planning to make his Tatsumaki and Hadouken as Specials or just kept to Supers?

Also do you have palettes done for some of his other outfits? I'd be honored to help out with that if you don't
#23  February 14, 2013, 01:36:27 pm
    • Chile
Well, the Tatsumaki special will be added for sure ;) as for Hadouken one, Nega Scott already has it, that's the attack I'll put for his striker move :P about palettes, I made like 5-6 based on the comic and the movie, also I made some based on the crew (Ramona, Sex Bob-Omb, etc) but I don't like too much. Yeah, I could get some palettes :P

And about that, starting to make the gethit sprites, last night made 1 of 4

#24  February 14, 2013, 05:10:39 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
!!!

Loved all the sprites, you did an awesome job on them :D!!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#25  February 15, 2013, 02:02:19 pm
    • Chile
Thanks Felo :D I'm glad you like them ;)
I hope tonight or tomorrow can show you some new advance of Scott.

And... I made a decision: when I finish with Scott, I'll release the complete sheet of new sprites as open source, so anyone can enjoy these sprites ;)

#26  March 05, 2013, 02:43:48 am
Just got the news of you having all the sprites! That's great progress! Looking forward to some screenshots/videos/beta :D
Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (all gethits ready)
#27  March 07, 2013, 06:14:13 pm
    • Chile

AND ALL GETHITS ARE DONE!! :D
Now making the normal punches and kicks and fixing the sprites I made in a beginning...

And, I'll add Wallace Wells to the strikers list!! :D I've a couple of videos of his recent addition as selectable character in the new SPvTW's DLC, so I'll add some anims of him as striker ;)

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (all gethits ready)
#28  March 18, 2013, 08:49:50 pm
  • Cool guy,ripper and sometimes spriter
Great job Koshi,what about on fire sprites,stunned and such?
Don't have cocaine,have cookaine
#29  March 18, 2013, 10:47:46 pm
    • Chile
I'll see about those sprites later, I'll need some shots with those states (hey @Rolento ~~ <3)

Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 09:33:26 pm by Basara-kun
Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (new moves ready!!)
#30  May 20, 2013, 09:36:05 pm
    • Chile

Finally finished 2 of the moves I wanted for Scott: Rushing Fist and Fire Uppercut (as I called them), both of them have been sprited this weekend enterely by me and already added on my Scott character (see the Screenshots thread to spoil you). Now making some more moves like Hurricane Kick, the beta version of Fire Uppercut (which I'll use as a super) and some Wallace sprites to use him as my final striker, soon some sprites of him when I'll get ready ;)

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (new moves ready!!)
#31  May 20, 2013, 09:46:23 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Dude. This looks pretty freaking amazing. And this thread caught my eye with Paul Robertson as I love his "Super Pirate Baby Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006." It's one of the coolest things I have ever seen and the homages Robertson threw in were clever and well implemented. I especially loved the Predator and The Big Lebowski references.

Speaking of which, have you thought of possibly making a character or stages based off of that epic video that should have been a videogame?? That's actually a little in-joke: My friend sent an E-Mail years ago with the header saying best videogame that was never made.

You would do some great justice to Cabana Battle if you spent some time with the sprites. Just saying. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#32  May 20, 2013, 10:45:38 pm
    • Chile
Thanks a lot ;D maybe in a future, by now I'm just focused on Scott sprites only (and also Wallace ones I've to start to sprite), I'll take a look to that game but I bet will be awesome as everything Robertson makes :D

#33  May 21, 2013, 03:20:45 pm
  • SNK is life
Basara - The underrated spriter.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR SKILL! GO FOR IT MAN!
#34  May 21, 2013, 04:34:12 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#35  May 21, 2013, 07:56:33 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#36  May 22, 2013, 07:46:39 am
    • Chile
Hohohohoho, thanks people :swoon: soon you'll see some more gifs of punches and kicks, as well more moves I'm still working ;)

#37  July 13, 2013, 08:31:37 am
    • Chile
With new shots (again thanks to Rolento), comes new sprites...

Now the upper is done!! The last basic I needed (crouching punches) and finally is done with basics :D now making supers and spriting Wallace for his striker attack ;)

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (starring Stacey!!)
#38  July 18, 2013, 06:02:57 pm
    • Chile

Stacey Pilgrim finished, along with Wallace is one of characters who appeared in the intro of the stages running. And she'll be there in my Scott's intro, too ;)

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (Wallace on works!)
#39  August 23, 2013, 05:20:41 am
    • Chile
Well, now it was created, I moved this thread where it belongs: to Sprite Projects :D and to celebrate, I got something to you:

The first Wallace anim made by me is ready!! Will be used for one of Scott's intro (along with Stacey anim) as well for the "Running Wild" super. Now working in 2 more anims for Wallace: walking anim and one of his specials from his DLC release (soon will know what ;) )

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (Wallace on works!)
#40  August 23, 2013, 05:29:00 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Holy shit dude, this is amazing.  Definitely looking forward to your process.
Youre the freakin man.
#41  August 24, 2013, 05:22:32 am
    • Chile
Thanks TRUEMicah ;) well, I don't think I can get Scott complete this month as I said in my WIP thread, but at least I'll keep working on sprite him and Wallace as they deserve. And well, now starting on the walk of Scott's gay friend. This is what I've done by now:

#42  August 28, 2013, 12:30:19 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
This is truly amazing. I've been trying to rip sprites from that game, the day after I played it for the first time. Awesome job!

-[Все слова это только слова.]-
#43  August 28, 2013, 10:38:53 pm
    • Chile
Thanks Alexei :D yeah, I tried to do the same too but without success, that's why I decided to use this system of resprite Scott to finally recreate him for MUGEN. And about that, I'm spriting now some anims still left for Scott, maybe during this week I'll finish and show in this thread ;)

#44  August 29, 2013, 12:30:35 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Thanks Alexei :D yeah, I tried to do the same too but without success, that's why I decided to use this system of resprite Scott to finally recreate him for MUGEN. And about that, I'm spriting now some anims still left for Scott, maybe during this week I'll finish and show in this thread ;)

Oooooo! I'd so make him. XD Can't wait. Keep up the good work, man. :)

#45  September 03, 2013, 08:06:43 pm
    • Chile
Guys, do you remember this??
And well, now starting on the walk of Scott's gay friend. This is what I've done by now:

Well... now it's done!! :D

Finished the rest of Wallace's anims for his striker attack!! First the walking (the only who can walk apart of Kim) and the the grab attack (which I called "C'mon and Kiss Me" for obvious reasons). Those are actually added to Scott's SFF and coded, it supposed to be a grab attack for Wallace (if you're close to him... be worried)

With that I'm almost finished with the respriting, now I got a new challenge that will be the last I would resprite for him:

The beta version of Bomb Uppercut (which is bigger than the final one), starting to work on it to be the super version of Scott's special, this one will be tough, I hope to make it, wish me luck ;)

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (Wallace finished!)
#46  September 08, 2013, 09:57:34 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Fuck yea!
It's the final countdown Basara, finish with a bang!  :D
Very, very hype for this project, definitely looking forward to this, good luck bro!  :yes:
Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (Wallace finished!)
#47  September 10, 2013, 03:58:28 am
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
After you're done coding him... I think this might be the first "chiibi" CoTM. XD.

#48  September 10, 2013, 08:21:33 pm
#49  September 10, 2013, 08:37:51 pm
    • Chile
Thanks, but I already used them :P

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (B-Upper on works!)
#50  September 17, 2013, 05:10:07 am
    • Chile
OK, I'm still respriting Scott with the last move for him: the beta version of Bomb Uppercut, but these sprites are really hard to get, I hope to finish them soon... as it now, I leave you some of my advances of them:

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (B-Upper on works!)
#51  September 17, 2013, 05:17:51 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Looking ACE my good man. Keep up the always exceptional work. Scott looks amazing.

#52  September 17, 2013, 11:33:16 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
im pretty sure that you can get the uppercut bomb from pr blog
#53  September 17, 2013, 04:43:41 pm
    • Chile
Nope, I already used the anims from probertson's blog and there's nothing about the Bomb Uppercut sadly :( indeed, there's nothing more about SPvTW:TG apart of this and what I (and the other guy on dA) sprited already :-\

#54  September 18, 2013, 03:48:07 am
    • Chile
FUCK YEAH!! FIRST SPRITE FINISHED!! :laugh2:

1 of 8 ready, go B-kun go!!!

#55  September 21, 2013, 11:14:32 pm
  • Professional Smash Complainer
  • Who What Where When
    • USA
    • warden.chad7@gmail.com
These are pretty amazing rips/resprites. Falling in love with this project, PR is my idol.

Keep up the good work Bas.
#56  September 23, 2013, 06:04:05 pm
    • Chile
Thanks man ;) also, good news: 5 of 8 sprites are ready and added to SFF, still working on the 3 left, I hope during this week I finish the whole anim and then I'll post you ;)

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (B-Upper finished!)
#57  September 25, 2013, 04:00:04 am
    • Chile
BOMB UPPERCUT (BETA VER.) IS FINISHED!!! :D

Well, my work on Scott is finally finished, there's nothing more I should do on him... well, maybe the hitFX but that will be done in a future. Now, as I promised since a beginning, I'll prepare a sheet with all the new sprites done by me until now to be released after I finish Scott, be prepared people ;)

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (B-Upper finished!)
#58  September 25, 2013, 04:05:35 am
Fuck.  Yes.
#59  September 25, 2013, 10:26:03 pm
  • Professional Smash Complainer
  • Who What Where When
    • USA
    • warden.chad7@gmail.com
Looks amazing, keep it up. A set of fightfx from the game would be pretty awesome imo.
#60  September 25, 2013, 10:30:22 pm
  • Target Acquired.
    • Ukraine
    • mugencoder.com
Wow, that looks really awesome!

All mugen devs should make a Scott Pilgrim now lol. We'd have an army of unstoppable midgets. >:D

Re: Feel like Paul Robertson: Respriting Scott Pilgrim for MUGEN (Scott finished!)
#61  September 30, 2013, 06:39:18 pm
    • Chile
Sorry for don't advice this before, but... Scott is finally complete!! :D and as I promised before, apart of finishing a proper Scott for MUGEN, if I got completed the sprites, I'd share with all of you for personal use, color separation, make your own Scott, etc. Well, that day was done this past Saturday:
Scott sprites by Basara-kun in Shared Sprites subforum

By my side, I'm done with Scott... but there're future plans to make the rest of SPvTW cast, starting with Kim Pine and Stephen Stills to be resprited, but that will be later, by now I'm taking a rest from spriting to focus in my incomplete coding works for Balmsold (Frank West) and Felo (Rose a la POTS).

Thanks to all for your hypes in this thread (and in my WIP one), this release is for all of you who supported my work all of these months ;)