YesNoOk

Neogeo Battle Coliseum 2 (move to right section please) (Read 31579 times)

Started by CCIronmugen, October 01, 2017, 09:28:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Neogeo Battle Coliseum 2 (move to right section please)
#21  October 03, 2017, 05:10:53 am
  • "I'm...The Champion"
    • USA
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

The game was made in July 27,2005.It's said the tournament been held in 2017(The year we in right now)

I played this game,and from how this is going,It's a 50/50 chance they going to make another one.

Although I do wanna believe so hard that they going to make another one,I don't care about the graphics,Just gimme at least an official announcement!   
Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 05:15:32 am by RuckFules
#22  October 03, 2017, 05:14:03 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Then he probably won't be hype anymore.

However right now, no matter the outcome, he is currently hype.

Yeah, exactly!

If it is fake I will just be sad and move on. But right now, entertaining the idea of a Morden boss on a fighting game is definitely something else.
Chilling
#23  October 03, 2017, 10:57:38 am
the first neogeo battle coliseum is my forth top favorite fighting game  ;D looking forward to see the sequel if this is real and official  :truestory:

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#24  October 03, 2017, 04:10:52 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Eh, if this is real I hope they can make a better roster with characters from their more underrated games like Robo army, Magician Lord, Shock Troopers, heck even Fighters History or Waku Waku 7 would be nice.
#25  October 05, 2017, 04:09:28 pm
Things have escalated for the last 24 hours.

Someone at 4chan leaked a few information.
(via Dark_Tzitzimine)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250898645&postcount=180
Looks like SNK is leaking again, huh? Guess I don't have to feel guilty about sharing this.

Most characters from the first game are returning, these are the ones that aren't.
>Mudman
>Cyber Woo
>Asura
>Shiki
>Shermie
>Goddess Athena
>Chonrei
>Chonshu
>Mars People
>Tung
>Lee
>Hotaru

Now for new characters, that imgur post from earlier caught most of them, but it missed a few. This is the full list, as far as I know.
>Fio
>Andy
>Ash
>Krauser
>Joe Kusanagi (AoDK)
>Rimururu
>Ralf and Clark (Ikari Warriors style)
>Ukyo
>Hibiki (Last Blade)
>Sho, Rosa and Sue-il (Kizuna Encounter)
>Kagami (Last Blade)
>John Crawley (AoF)
>Kula
>Captain Kidd (World Heroes)
>G-Mantle
>Elta (Magician Lord)
>Kain and Grant
>New boss

Game is still 2 vs 2, this time with assists. Your assist's special is chosen on the select screen like in MVC. You can get "happy birthdayed" too so don't spam your assist. Every character has a "V-Trigger" like in SFV that powers them up temporarily. Kyo gets EX specials, Iori goes orochi, Geese gets his boss moves, Haohmaru enters concentaration one state and Genjuro enters rage mode.

Game uses an anime aesthetic instead of the realistic style from XIV. A good comparison would be that J Stars game on PS3 and PS Vita. Story mode is similar to SFV and MVC Infinite in terms of style and presentation.

Expect an announcement at Playstation Experience and a release some time around Summer 2018. There will be a DLC season pass with four characters and six costumes because SNK saw how successful this strategy was for other FG devs. I do not know
who these characters are or who the costumse are for.

For character stuff, Kyo is based on the Ash saga in both design and gameplay. He has both the fireball and rekka, including the new rekka chains from XIV. Instead of RED Kick he has the rising kick.

Iori uses the XII design but has his usual fire gameplay.

Ryo's design takes some elements from the 3D Fatal Fury Wild Ambition by giving him some stubble and removing his gi top.

Robert is the same as the last game but with an XIV styled goatee.

K' and Kula have new designs that make them look older, K' in particular wears a black trenchcoat and his intro has him throwing away a cigarette.

Mizuchi looks very different with scars and veins that seem to imply that the orochi power is overwhelming his body. His "V-Trigger" turns him into his boss form, with an animation that looks like he's in a lot of pain.

Goodman's playable version is closer to a puppet character like SFV's Menat, with the ability to position his ghost on screen and pressure with it.

The new boss is the leader of a terrorist hacking group trying to overthrow the world governments by obtaining the powers and techniques of all the Neo Geo characters. In the final boss fight he wears a suit that looks like a robotic gargoyle and uses various signature specials from the cast. He can also use techniques that kidnap your other character to prevent you from tagging, and when he kills one of your characters he brainwashes them to be his own personal assist. His ultimate is a transforming special like Yuki's, where he becomes the giant scythe wielding demon from Metal Slug 5.

In the story mode, Dr. Brown from World Heroes gathers the Neo Geo characters to assist Yuki and Ai's organization in the battle against the hacker's group, who have recruited a fallen Goodman and his corporation to their cause.

That's all you're getting for now. Be patient and wait for more details like good little boys and girls.

However. the Original Leaker says "Objection!"
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11452324/#Comment_11452324
Discard this, only info is these in this topic. Someone is taking advantage and giving wrong info. Please, game is in very early development.

Then the 4chan leaker countered:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250982207&postcount=241
Hello again /neog/, I trust that you've all been good little boys and girls like I asked, yes? Then have some new info.

I see that the leaker from SRK is calling my info false. Based on what he posted, I believe that his source is legitimate, but I don't know why he's trying to discredit me. I guess that his info is outdated or he wasn't given all of it. I didn't want to have to do this, but I will test this leaker...if he is as informed as he claims to be, he should know the meaning of the phrase "Neo Shock Engine" and what it refers to.

First of all, I see a lot of anons asking about Mars People. I haven't seen this character in any playable capacity. Same for Athena, Kensou and General Morden. These characters could be the four DLC that I wasn't told about, or they could be scrapped in the planning stages. I'd also like to note that I haven't seen these "alluring woman" or "serious otaku" characters either. I'm not denying that they might exist, but they aren't in the build I've seen.

To elaborate on K' and Kula's new designs, K' is dressed similar to Liquid Snake, with a long black coat and shirtless beneath it. He still has the leather chaps, the glasses, the pendant, the gloves, everything else is the same. Kula wears a pink leather hoodie with black sleeves and a pendant similar to K's in the shape of her heart sigil. She pulls the hood down in her win pose to reveal that her hair is cut short.

Yuki can transform into characters from Shock Troopers and Sengoku now.

The music is tied to characters instead of stages like the first game. When a character dies it changes themes to the other character's theme just like in MVC. You'll probably be happy with the OST, it has a lot of variety in styles, some songs are heavy metal and some are techno dub-step style but there's also orchestra and traditional style music for the SamSho and Last Blade characters. If you're a longtime SNK fan, you can probably anticipate what characters get what themes.

Stages are based on iconic backgrounds from classic Neo Geo games, like the Esaka station stage from KoF95 and Ukyo's seaside stage from SamSho 2. The arena-styled boss stages from the first game return for the sub bosses, just in case you were wondering. The final boss's stage is similar to Apocalypse stage from the MVC series with all of the cut characters trapped in stasis pods in the BG and each of them reacting differently, ie Mudman is snoozing, Cyber Woo is banging his fists trying to escape, Hotaru is scared and crying, et cetera. I should note that Mars People is there, but obviously this doesn't rule him out from being playable.

And just so we're clear, I have no relation to JohnXuandou or any of the anons who leaked XIV shit. I'm just a guy who knows other guys.

I don't know a lot about the story beyond what I've already shared. If you've played SFV, you should know what to expect. Cutscenes that lead into fights that you have to win to see more cutscenes. I haven't seen much of it, so it's probably still in development.

As for the season pass, I was told that they saw how well those sell for companies like Capcom, NetherRealm Studios and Namco-Banbai, so they saw it as a profitable venture.

Yes, 2d with teams of two characters, tagging and assists. It's almost identical to the first game, but with assists.

The reply:
http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11453400/#Comment_11453400
What? Haha, I don't need to prove anything to anyone, if it wasn't me giving news about this game development this person wouldn't be trolling with fake info.Let's wait until PSX then,NGBC2 presentation there will be big surprise,even for me.I hope that person doesn't say that presentation got misteriously cancelled later :)

Only time will tell (either at Paris Games Week or at PlayStation Experience) on who's telling the truth... or shall we get a double whammy?
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#26  October 05, 2017, 06:10:07 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
No Marie Bee :(
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#27  October 05, 2017, 06:14:06 pm
no shiki?

solid line new characters except for andy.
#28  October 05, 2017, 06:16:50 pm
this just makes me regret that i didnt jump at the chance to make up and post some bullshit on 4chan so it goes around everywhere
#29  October 05, 2017, 06:20:33 pm
  • Scion of the Flames
  • it aint over when you lose its over when you quit
    • Australia
    • DBZxprodigy1994@gmail.com
man i miss using Krauser Kaiser wave was hype as shit.......also they should bring in Rugal for the heck of it also no Breakers characters? RIP ma girl Tia then
#30  October 05, 2017, 06:32:56 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Wow, if that new leak seems to be true, then I'm more than exciting for this new release :D especially the new chars like Captain Kidd, G-Mantle and Elta, as well seeing Ukyo, Kagami, Rosa and the Ikari versions of Ralf and Clark (I thought it was the KOF versions instead)

Also, the striker system... maybe even more new chars from other games to be added?? Wow :D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#31  October 05, 2017, 07:44:45 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Ryo's design takes some elements from the 3D Fatal Fury Wild Ambition by giving him some stubble and removing his gi top.

Fuck you don't toy with my heart like this!
#32  October 05, 2017, 07:54:28 pm
it's probably fake,  or a mobile card game NGBC GO or some shit like that.
#33  October 14, 2017, 09:01:08 pm
  • Jurassic creator
  • You ain't nothing but a hound dog
    • iron-mugen.one
this just makes me regret that i didnt jump at the chance to make up and post some bullshit on 4chan so it goes around everywhere

You still have time to make it about KOF XV. :P
#34  October 14, 2017, 11:07:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
If it even happen to be true, I'm glad for Joe Kusanagi, and I'm sad for Shermie...

Anyway, for some reasons this rumor reminds me of this fake MOTW2 rumor poping on neogeo boards around 2005 or something...
#35  October 14, 2017, 11:10:24 pm
It wasn't fake. Well, I don't know what specific rumor was going around, but there really was work done on a MotW2 game but it never made it to the end. We discussed its history a lot through the KoF XIV thread.
edit - found it, not in the kof thread. http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2260986 there's an interview a few posts later that says it was legit.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 11:57:42 pm by Byakko
#36  October 18, 2017, 01:35:10 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
It wasn't fake. Well, I don't know what specific rumor was going around, but there really was work done on a MotW2 game but it never made it to the end. We discussed its history a lot through the KoF XIV thread.
edit - found it, not in the kof thread. http://mugenguild.com/forum/msg.2260986 there's an interview a few posts later that says it was legit.

Don,'t worry, I know that. ;)

The previous rumor from mid 2000 era was based on some mugen screenshot played on a TV.
this was captured as a photography and people started to talk about this rumor of project.
Back in time it was still credible to imagine a sequel in a 2D game.
But it was obviously fake.
Not like the "officcial" unused characters for a possible MOTW cancelled game.
#37  October 19, 2017, 09:51:34 am
More leaks, though this one sounds crazy... I'm not sure if I'm excited about this anymore... (shakes head)

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/11467041/#Comment_11467041

Don't expect a lot this time, I'd much prefer you got to witness most of the game with your own eyes. That, and the build I've played is nowhere near complete, so I fully expect a lot of changes.

I suppose I can share some details on how assists work. When you select a character, you can select between two different assists. Here are a few moves that characters use when assisting

>Kyo: 236K hopkicks and uppercut
>Iori: Projectile and sumagushi (hand swipe)
>Terry: Burn knuckle and round wave
>Mr. Karate 2: Zanretsu ken and short range projectile
>Haohmaru: Tornado and unblockable slash

Also, some characters have assist exclusive moves such as Jill's herb from MVC2 and Morrigan's meter buff from 3. I guess that this is so that there isn't much overlap considering how many chars there are that shoot projectiles, do uppercuts and do charging attacks. For example, one of Fuuma's assists places a seal of fire on the screen, if the opponent touches it they get burned into a crumple state that lets you continue your combo. Also, Kula can put a shield of ice on her partner that makes them temporarily immune to chip damage, but breaks after a few hits.

This is VERY accurate to their new looks, so kudos to the artist! However, there are two details that are incorrect. K's collar is slightly larger/higher than that, and Kula's hair is MUCH shorter. She's almost bald, so I guess a good example would be Charlize Theron's character from Mad Max: Fury Road. There is a story justification for this, but I'd rather not spoil.

I cannot wait for you guys to see this beautiful game that SNK has been hard at work on. I don't want to say too much more, because I want you to see it all with your own eyes and I think my sources might be getting savy soon, since this information has spread throughout the internet. But I am not opposed to answering specific gameplay-related questions.

Kula's reason to cut her hair

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Unlike MVC, you cannot call assists in the middle of an attack. You must be in a state where you can act normally.

As mentioned before by other leakers, they are an animesque style. If you've seen the Dragon Ball, Naruto, etc type of games, you know what you're in for. The game looks absolutely nothing like XIV in any capacity.

This leaker is right on the money, "Neo Shock Engine" is the tentative name some are using for SNK's new 3D engine. I don't believe that it will be the final name for the engine, however. Of course, KOFXIV does not use this engine. It seems this leaker does have more credibility than I had previously assumed, which makes me question why he's attempting to discredit me so hard. Perhaps he's trying to prevent me from spoiling too much, or costing us our sources?

The cast are all in a playable state except for the final boss and the boss versions of certain characters, although specific move properties and balance are of course tentative. The story mode cuts off at a certain point, after only a couple of hours. There are no character endings for arcade mode currently, it just ends on a screen saying the game is in development.

The boss difficulty will vary for most players, but I would put Goodman and the new final boss on par with the likes of 94 Rugal, 96 Goenitz, 2001 Igniz, 2003 Magaki, especially the last boss who has various cheap tricks including some moves that break the fourth wall to mess with the interface. He can "hack" the game to alter life values, super bar, even altering your button controls or the properties of your moves, or tthe visuals/sound.

Most of the character abilities are pretty standard if you're familiar with classic SNK, but I suppose I can elaborate on the "V-Trigger" style mechanic. For instance, Mizuchi's playable form starts draining his meter and his partner's life to transform him into his boss form, so you temporarily get to control an SNK boss.

Cel shading is definitely not the right word for the visuals. It's more that the art style resembles anime rather than KOFXIV's realistic style. As I've said, look at the licensed anime games from Namco-Bandai.

King Lion plays identically to the first game. His "V-Trigger" gives him new techniques.

There are redesigns, but most of them are either ones you've seen before such as Kyo and Iori using different looks or are very subtle such as Ryo utilizing elements from Wild Ambition. Captain Kidd has a slightly exaggerated build like Antonov and Robert has his goatee, but very few characters have extreme makeovers like K' and Kula do. The most notable changes are to Yuki, Ai, Andy, and Mizuchi . Yuki and Ai wear tight body suits that resemble the characters from Ton. Andy fights in a new uniform with a classical ninja face mask and scarf. Mizuchi is perhaps the most interesting, in my opinion. His playable form has black hair with a white streak, and he has many lacerations and scars across his body, implying the Orochi power is exceeding his body's limits. During his idle animation, his hair will glow white and he doubles over in pain holding his head. His boss form is the same as it was in the first game. Aside from this, many female characters have more conservative outfits, Mai is dressed as she is in the Chinese port of KOFXIV and Rosa has her mid-drif covered. I can't say for certain if this will be the case in every region.

It's a very, very fast-paced game, on par with Guilty Gear XRD. It controls almost identically to the first game, save for the new mechanics, but it's much more loose and forgiving. Many difficult command inputs are changed to be easier. The game is very easy to pick up and play with your friends, in my opinion, assuming nothing changes.

The build I've played has arcade, story, versus, training and survival modes. That's it. I don't know what else may or may not be coming.

Yes, if you fail at any fight in arcade mode, you can use a continue service, like in most SNK games.

All normally playable characters are selectable in this build, but that may just be for testing purposes. Characters like Mizuchi, Neo Dio, King Lion, Kagami and Goodman have boss forms, but they are unselectable, as is the final boss.

I don't know much about how DLC is going to work, but based on what the other leakers have said I'm going to assume that Athena, Kensou, Mars People and Morden are the four DLC characters, since they don't exist in the build I've played. All I've been told is that there will be a season pass with four DLC characters and six costumes.

I have no idea if the censorship to the female characters will be region based or not, but I have been told that SNK is very aware of the complaints that Western gaming journalists and feminist activists have to their characters, and want desperately to amend their image in the US. That, and the build I've played is in completely translated English. I'm unsure if the censorship will be present in all versions of the game, but I can say with absolute certainty that unless something changes, it will be present in the North American release.

All I do know is that SNK's sales in the United States are abysmal, so it makes perfect sense that they would want to try anything they can to increase their sales. . Through my contacts I do know that many overseas developers think about these things often when considering the release of their games in the West.

If I had to make an estimate, I'd say that this is probably the first playable build. It's still very buggy and rough looking. Maybe it's been in this state for about 6 months? I don't know, I'm not a developer.

Training mode is extremely barebones right now. I assume, and hope, it will get more features later.

I don't want to spoil too many of them, but I want to reiterate that the stages are a serious love later to the history of SNK, instead of the random science fiction stuff in the first game. If you're a longtime fan, you WILL recognize many of them. I had a huge smile on my face every time I saw one of them for the first time.

The character select screen is similar to the first game with characters across from their counterparts, Yuki to Ai, Kyo to Iori, K' to Kula, so on and so forh. The boss characters are grouped at the bottom, and on either side of them are four empty boxes for the season pass characters.
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
#38  November 13, 2017, 11:06:26 pm
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
"Iori uses the XII design but has his usual fire gameplay."

Iori uses the XII design

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  :muttrox:
#39  December 01, 2017, 07:37:32 pm
  • "I'm...The Champion"
    • USA
#40  December 01, 2017, 07:45:05 pm
What do you mean confirmed, that's dated October 1 (same date as this topic), it links to the same images that Iron posted, and it says rumor in the title, that's not confirmed, it's literally the exact same source.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.