YesNoOk

SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy (Switch / PS4) (Read 332151 times)

Started by Titiln, January 11, 2018, 03:26:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: SNK HEROINES Tag Team Frenzy (Switch / PS4)
#121  February 20, 2018, 09:15:45 am
  • Hey four stars, whatever that means
    • Canada
    • amidweiz.neocities.org
#122  February 20, 2018, 04:20:33 pm
I'm really happy SNK cares for the fans, not the journalists. It seems to me that a lot of these so called "Video game journalists" are just a bunch of greedy no-lifers making a living by making other people's lives miserable.

Some are, but it's mainly how many of them (and their outlets) have proven to be hypocrites of the worst kind. On top of just being crappy websites in general.
#123  February 20, 2018, 06:40:29 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
More gameplay:

The select screen showed up for the first time:

#124  February 20, 2018, 07:31:01 pm
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
That's a lot of empty slots.  Do they plan on filling them all in, or did they ever announce how many characters would be in this game?
#125  February 21, 2018, 12:28:00 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
I counted 29 full boxes. If the eight triangles are characters too, a possible 37 characters could make the list.

KOF XIV has 20 female characters. This includes the DLCs Whip and Vanessa, and the new one Nadj. And we haven't heard about the other DLCs coming to XIV yet.

Me thinks there were be new characters exclusive to SNK Heroines.
#126  February 22, 2018, 01:42:39 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I counted 29 full boxes. If the eight triangles are characters too, a possible 37 characters could make the list.

KOF XIV has 20 female characters. This includes the DLCs Whip and Vanessa, and the new one Nadj. And we haven't heard about the other DLCs coming to XIV yet.

Me thinks there were be new characters exclusive to SNK Heroines.

I would think that they will bring in girls from other SNK franchises before they do game exclusives.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#127  February 22, 2018, 06:56:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
kof has been around for so long that is very easy to forget that kof itself is a dreammatch-multi franchise thing..

[EDIT]
I did not meant as an insult, or at least not as a "I am better than thou " one, since it also happens to me >.<

Anyway, with the size of the cast I am wishing we get some (more) rule 63 characters,; Rock howard would be beautiful.
Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:43:59 pm by Bastard Mami
#128  February 23, 2018, 03:25:49 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

Would Capcom be kind enough to get Ingrid in as future DLC?  :clown:
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#129  March 27, 2018, 03:55:06 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/25/snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-shows-off-characteristics-game/

* According to Travis, this game is SNK’s approach to a more approachable King of Fighters, in a stress-reliever sort of way.
* The execution of attacks is simplified into a Light Attack and Heavy Attack button, and special attacks are done all on one button with directional inputs like Super Smash Bros.
* The Dream Finish (the finishing attack) attacks are mapped to R1 by default. Most characters have two of them, either by pressing R1 or Down + R1.
* Auto-combos are not the most optimal way to play.
* The green bar at the top is the life bar. Health is shared between both characters. The rainbow bar is the special meter, and Dream Finishes cost four sections of meter to use. The character in the background charges their special bar automatically. When characters use specials with no special meter, they have reduced effects, so that’s when characters should switch out.
* The cap on the special meter goes up as health goes down, giving the losing power a way to come back easier. Also, switching characters mid-combo costs special meter.
* There is a bit of emphasis on air combos. There is a dedicated Throw button, and Throws can be done on the ground or in the air. Sweeping have been taken out entirely.
* New to SNK Heroines is an optional item feature, where items with various effects can be picked up by attacking yellow glowing orbs. These are activated with the right stick, and are on by default. They add a bit of unpredictability to the game, and Travis recommends keeping them on.
* When a character gets into critical health, an SP icon comes up, and this lets players use a special from the character currently in the background. (Eg. If Mai is in the background, the SP item will send one of her fans across the screen.)
* For online mode, there are traditional lobbies and also quick matches. Four people can play together locally in 2v2 mode, and players can also team up with friends online as well.
* There will be Story, Tutorial, and Training Modes in this game.
* Travis hints that there may be a guest character in the game. SNK also knows that Miss X from SNK Gals’ Fighters is highly requested by fans.
* SNK Heroines will have a panel at PAX East on April 6, and another character will be revealed there. (already confirmed to not be a character from KoF XIV)
#130  March 27, 2018, 04:55:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
a dead or alive character as guest ?
#131  March 27, 2018, 06:49:19 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Its gonna be Akuma in a dress
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#132  March 27, 2018, 07:18:01 pm
#133  March 28, 2018, 05:17:44 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#134  March 29, 2018, 12:29:30 am
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
Olaf Redland has some notes on SNK Heroine's mechanics: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqfpa9

Key takeaways are quoted from a Shoryuken article: http://shoryuken.com/2018/03/28/olaf-redland-breaks-down-snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzys-latest-build-from-wnf/

Franz Co said:
Among the things he goes into depth about is the game’s item system. For those who may not have heard about this, in this game, boxes randomly spawn during a match and players can use this to equip certain items. Currently, item usage is mapped to the right analog stick — this makes it tricky to use for arcade stick users, and SNK is apparently looking into solutions for this. In the breakdown, Redland lists all of the known items so far, and their effects.

For special moves in the new “Smash-like” system (direction plus the S button), he notes that there is a general theme to what combination of S and any direction does. For example, forward and S always seems to put out a projectile (if the character has one) meanwhile down and S is an anti-air.

As for blocking, as previously mentioned, the game uses a block button (again, like Smash). This produces a shield around the character that blocks all attacks, except for throws. Pressing the block button in the air, however, will instead produce an air dodge.
#135  April 06, 2018, 07:06:54 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
A new fighter has entered the fray.
#136  April 06, 2018, 07:13:54 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Oh shit! Preparing fo KoF XV I guess!
#137  April 06, 2018, 08:13:04 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
MY GIRL IS HERE!
#138  April 06, 2018, 09:46:29 pm
  • SNK is life
Nothing says HEROINE like trying to revive a millenary deity that wants to destroy humanity's existence.
#139  April 06, 2018, 10:44:08 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
In the previous game she wanted a cage for her hamster.

By the way, this trailer gives us a better look at the silhouettes:

#140  April 06, 2018, 11:47:52 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Nothing says HEROINE like trying to revive a millenary deity that wants to destroy humanity's existence.

I, too, want to know what a tribeswoman of the Hakkeshu doing in the game.