I rarely talk about things, but... I think it's a directive rather than a regulation.
A directive lay down certain results that must be achieved but each Member State is free to decide how to transpose directives into national laws.
- Applicable to all Member States
- Sets certain aims, requirements and concrete results that must be achieved in every Member State
- Sets a process for it to be implemented by Member States
- National authorities must create or adapt their legislation to meet these aims by the date specified in each given Directive
A regulation are laws relating to specific cases and directed to individual or several Member States, companies or private individuals. They are binding upon those to whom they are directed.
- Immediately applicable and enforceable by law in all Member States
- As good practice, Member States issue national legislation that defines the competent national authorities, inspection and sanctions on the subject matter.
It depends on the Member States whether if they will adapt the directive or not. If it was a regulation instead of a directive then... GGPO Europe.
Regardless, the impact of this directive in each Member State will be something to look upon in the future.
I'm often busy with other things, so I rarely post.
New av = When SNK dropped Playmore...
Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:42:38 am