YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 646693 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:

OZ

Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom Megathread: Holocaust Denial edition
#61  April 12, 2017, 08:42:23 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
even if it might be a little early to call trump the worst president in US history, I think we can safely mark down sean spicer as one of, if not the most incompetent press secretary we've ever had

it's pretty damn hard to try to out-do trump, but spicer is firing on all 6 cylinders
the man has negative tact; the fact that he's been trusted with running PR for america's great dumpster fire is hilarious

he doesn't do research, he doesn't seem to have a solid line of communication with the president, he talks to the press like they're the opposition, and is constantly slipping out worthless/damning little comments like this one

maybe those things would be less noticeable if trump weren't president
but trump is president, and isn't this beautiful

at least nixon's ron ziegler had the excuse of being the youngest press secretary ever appointed
ಠ_ಠ
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom Megathread: Holocaust Denial edition
#62  April 13, 2017, 12:48:31 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-reverses-himself_us_58ee7ffee4b0b9e98488ea64

Trump said the Chinese are “not currency manipulators.” Just last week, he said they were “world champions” of currency manipulation, and he pledged throughout his campaign to label China a currency manipulator on his first day in office. He tweeted in 2012 that President Barack Obama’s failure to call China a currency manipulator “helped China steal even more jobs and money from us.”

Trump said, “I do like a low interest-rate policy.” During his campaign, he excoriated the Federal Reserve for keeping rates low, and said in 2011 that the policy would lead to hyperinflation.

Trump said he was open to the idea of reappointing Janet Yellen to head the Federal Reserve. On the campaign trail, he said he would “most likely” replace her. “I like her, I respect her,” Trump told the Journal at the time.

Trump said he supported the Export-Import Bank, noting that small companies are “really helped” by the institution. During the campaign, he said the bank was unnecessary.

On each of these issues, Trump’s turnabout puts him in lockstep with the Washington economic policy consensus. And in each case, Trump is walking away ― at least for now ― from the heterodox views he expressed during the campaign. This week’s reversals follow his shift on Syria last week, when Trump fired cruise missiles at an airbase after repeatedly saying he opposed U.S. involvement in the country’s civil war.

Also on Wednesday, Trump reversed his position on NATO, telling reporters, “They made a change and now they do fight terrorism. I said it was obsolete. It’s no longer obsolete.”

It is rare for Trump to admit he is changing positions. During the campaign, for example, he insisted he had opposed the Iraq War before the 2003 U.S. invasion, even though he supported it during a radio interview at the time. 

In an interview with Fox Business Network that was taped on Tuesday, Trump blasted Obama for not striking Syria in 2013 ― even though Trump repeatedly tweeted at the time that Obama should not do so.

In The Wall Street Journal interview, Trump also waded back into the debate over the relative value of the U.S. dollar, saying, “I think our dollar is getting too strong, and partially that’s my fault because people have confidence in me. But that’s hurting—that will hurt ultimately.”

Trump said the dollar was too strong in January, prompting it to fall. 

#63  April 13, 2017, 04:20:50 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
There's go one the promises he made... still won't see the nincompoops that voted for him jump ship.
#64  April 13, 2017, 04:22:35 pm
who the fuck cares about people jumping ship after the election
#65  April 13, 2017, 04:50:18 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
if anything its weird how he is still having concentrations of fans and people waving flags for the dude, its not jumping the ship as much as jumping out of the frypan

OZ

#66  April 13, 2017, 08:02:18 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
a cult of personality is a wondrous thing
ಠ_ಠ
#67  April 13, 2017, 08:10:25 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
I don't see how this is odd... Seems pretty American to me.

To do the obviously stupid wrong thing over and over again without owning up to it. Then either waiting till something goes right and boast that you were never wrong to begin with, or just openly pretend that nothing is as bad as everything around you says it is.
#68  April 13, 2017, 08:43:11 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I don't see how this is odd... Seems pretty American to me.

To do the obviously stupid wrong thing over and over again without owning up to it. Then either waiting till something goes right and boast that you were never wrong to begin with, or just openly pretend that nothing is as bad as everything around you says it is.

much like every kid movie in america?
#69  April 13, 2017, 09:10:38 pm
what
#70  April 13, 2017, 11:29:10 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
they dropped the MOAB on afghanistan

remember when the trump admin claimed to be non interventionist
#71  April 13, 2017, 11:56:37 pm
  • Winmugen FTW
    • El Salvador
come on guys.... Are we really surprised???? All presidents are puppets and trump has shown he is just like the rest of the presidents before him.
#72  April 14, 2017, 12:11:46 am

Guess he heard the real news networks tearing him a new one for flip-flopping.
#73  April 14, 2017, 01:03:56 am
how is this thread not called a MAGAthread
#74  April 14, 2017, 01:04:30 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
[Huffpo]
Yuck.

That aside I'm waiting for Trump to do a 180 on the wall. He's backpedaled from so much not-so-dumb shit  in the last few months and he's still pushing that fucking wall.
#75  April 15, 2017, 07:50:34 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
That aside I'm waiting for Trump to do a 180 on the wall. He's backpedaled from so much not-so-dumb shit  in the last few months and he's still pushing that fucking wall.

maybe he owns a construction company ?
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: Holocaust Denial edition
#76  April 15, 2017, 08:10:13 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Yeah, but we're talking about the US, not Mexico or Brazil. Scrooge McTrump isn't retarded enough to push for a gigantic and quixotic piece of infrastructure going from coast to coast just so he and his cronies can make some money on the bidding process, that's the kind of shit that would actually get him impeached.
Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:14:47 pm by Fubs
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: You're Fired! edition
#77  May 10, 2017, 05:30:25 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Re: The Donald Trump Primetime Political Sitcom MAGAthread: You're Fired! edition
#78  May 10, 2017, 02:54:53 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So, two days before Comey is scheduled to testify about the ongoing investigation into the Trump administration's never ending unethical ties to Russia, he is fired by the Trump Administration, ostensibly over something he did to one of Trump's political enemies almost a year ago, on the recommendation of someone who's already had to recuse himself due to being a subject of that very same investigation.

Well gee willikers, I don't see anything suspicious here!
#79  May 10, 2017, 03:02:16 pm
Eh it's the FBI they like everything else in this country are corrupt and probably evil for the evulz. Honestly without stuff like this i'd forget we had a president due to the fact that when you realize everything is rigged you just stop caring.
#80  May 10, 2017, 05:26:49 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
So, who's Trump going to replace Comey with, and how much will the replacement have donated to Trump before?