WOO! WOO! WOO!
PSN / XBLA - ViewtifulSuxx
Re: SAMUS ARAN
#62  July 21, 2007, 04:21:31 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Reu you shocked the hell out of me with this WIP, I hope your Samus is as much kickass as your other chars

also Samus's Final Smash happens to be the Hyper Beam only after she fires it her armor comes off leaving her as Z-Suit Samus

Yup. But unfortunately, Reu would have to do a lot more work on sprites/modeling for both forms. That was why I said wishful thinking. It would take Reu longer to make both Samus forms to do this correctly.  :S

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."

MachinaWeapon

#63  July 21, 2007, 04:34:07 am
Uh, no. It does come out her left arm in the Prime series. I've played Echoes recently. It only comes out of the cannon in Super Metroid.

EDIT: SSBM: Cannon.
Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:51:23 am by MachinaWeapon
#64  July 21, 2007, 07:27:18 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Reu you shocked the hell out of me with this WIP, I hope your Samus is as much kickass as your other chars

also Samus's Final Smash happens to be the Hyper Beam only after she fires it her armor comes off leaving her as Z-Suit Samus

Yup. But unfortunately, Reu would have to do a lot more work on sprites/modeling for both forms. That was why I said wishful thinking. It would take Reu longer to make both Samus forms to do this correctly.  :S

So true, oh well he could do what POTS did for his Ryu, after firing the Hyper Beam Samus could slump down drained of energy from the attack

Reu

#65  July 21, 2007, 01:28:27 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
re: Zero suit final smash attack.

N-Mario is right... way too much work to model texture rig and animate zero suit samus just for one move. >_<

re: grapple

Ok, so the grapple comes out of cannon in the early metroid games and SSBM, but her hand attachment in Prime series? Figures Nintendo still can't make up their mind about some things. Though I quite like the idea of it coming out of her hand attachment. Gives that glowy green thing some semblance of purpose.

edit:

I've been studying Samus' animations lately and.... my god she moves like a man.
Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 01:32:26 pm by Reu
#66  July 21, 2007, 01:43:24 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.

I've been studying Samus' animations lately and.... my god she moves like a man.

She's in a robot suit killing various aliens and is a bounty hunter. How feminine do  you *want* her to move?
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#67  July 21, 2007, 02:31:02 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
watch haloid for some good attack ideas XD
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#68  July 21, 2007, 05:08:23 pm
Can't wait to see this WIP in motion. It's a shame we didn't  see more of Ryoga's Samus. But this looks to be nice to. Good luck on your WIP and your research for moves.
#69  July 21, 2007, 05:12:17 pm
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#70  July 21, 2007, 05:22:51 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I haven't seen anything in Haloid that Samus did in suit that was more than just slight alterations of her normal attacks.

Oh, and, can we try to avoid any "OMG YOU DON'T LIKE HALOID!?" comments? I could just sense them.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 07:17:54 pm by Wujizah Panzermanathod

intense_mc

#71  July 21, 2007, 05:38:06 pm
Implement Crystal Flash (Power Bomb Energy Recharge) as her final move or something special.

It's true what KFM said...you need to play and know the series to get a harmonic understanding...

But because you haven't - back on the SNES this move was like the Philosophers Stone of moves.
For a while it was a rumor. You need everything plus the kitchen sink to see it. Only lasts seconds
but it fully recharges her life + energy tanks.

I think the main stigma of it is that Samus is naked in a white ball during it - all the nabs love
naked women in video games --;

Anyway, linkage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alepBscgUX0

Oh and

the shoulder pads are way too bulbous

+28437

Even in that screenshot of SSBM you posted you can see that.

In the graphic you made the top of the shoudlers are above her head! They should at the most,
be level with the middle of her head vertically when standing like that.

I.e.

Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 05:55:06 pm by intense_mc
#72  July 21, 2007, 05:51:16 pm
  • I like to sing with the radio.
    • internetjesusvtheworld.blogspot.com/
Crystal Flash should go well as an Otoko Michi-type desperation move.

Reu

#73  July 21, 2007, 06:43:30 pm
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Wrong model reference....

Crystal Flash involves showing Samus as a woman.... same problem as zero suit final smash attack >_<

Pretty neat that idea though... maybe a opportunity will present itself to make it possible.

I think that the Haloid movie had some of her moves executed pretty close to what I've seen her do in the NES game and SSBM.... Zero Suit Samus is just crazy tho. XD

Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 04:05:22 am by Reu
#74  July 21, 2007, 07:28:58 pm
  • DAT SAX
Lol direct linking.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)

intense_mc

#75  July 21, 2007, 07:36:39 pm
Wrong model reference....

Yeah but - she's standing different and the view is slightly tilted from below.
Bro look at the SSBM pic you posted - none of them have the shoulders above her head!
In most cases they are midway between her head. If you make it so they are always that big
it'll look ridiculous IMHO.

Crystal Flash involves showing Samus as a woman.... same problem as zero suit final smash attack >_<

Pretty neat that idea though... maybe a opportunity will present itself to make it possible.

Well it doesn't show her detail just a silhouette :P In any case I think it's the ultimate easter egg and
I'm sure alotta metroid fans would agree. 1990's you had to be there to know! >:(

Anyway hope the project goes well...

FusionAX

#76  July 21, 2007, 07:47:32 pm
I have the model he posted.  None of the screenshots have her shoulders in the proper position: It's the way the model was rigged for Garry's Mod, the only reason.

Canonically, the shoulder... Whatevers... Always peak off at her head or above it.  I have not seen an instance where her Varia suit has ended up shorter than her.

intense_mc

#77  July 21, 2007, 07:55:13 pm
*looks at front and back of Metroid Prime Gamecube*

They're below the top of her head.

FusionAX

#78  July 21, 2007, 08:27:47 pm
Using Metroid Prime's model as a reference wouldn't count in this instance: It's Retro Studios' interpretation of her, not Nintendo's.
#79  July 22, 2007, 01:51:55 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
I wonder how weird it'd look if her Zero Suit self used true sprites rather than a 3D model. Would be more feasible, I guess, issue is just that it might look weird.
Personaly, that wouldn't bother me as long as the sprites were nice, because her suit and suit-less versions are so different already that the differences in sprite style wouldn't be so apparent.

And I don't know if it was asked already, but are you going for high res or frame count?

Also, random suggestion, if you use lo-res sprites could you make those green stripes on the armor's chest slightly bigger? 'Cause I think they're a neat detail that could go unnoticed given the sprite's nature.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.

Reu

#80  July 22, 2007, 04:00:00 am
  • Ssssslash!
    • www.reubenkee.com
Hrm... it seems true that the models in the prime series have the shoulder bulbs lower than in SSBM. Yet again in the sprites for Metroid/super Metroid the head is above the shoulder bulbs (probably because you won't be able to see her head if they were the other way around) YET the artwork from those games shows the shoulderpads above the head.

Doh!

P.o.t.S.: Yeah, true sprites may work out, problem is getting those sprites. I'll probably go for lo-res, since I've always been more inclined to cvs style... wouldn't want her to stand out too much. Aight, those green stripes could get bigger indeed, consider it done.