YesNoOk

MegaMan Zero help: Death Animation (Read 646 times)

Started by RedDragonCats17, December 06, 2018, 10:40:04 am
Share this topic:
MegaMan Zero help: Death Animation
#1  December 06, 2018, 10:40:04 am
  • Part-Time MUGEN creator
    • USA
    • Skype - reddragoncats17
    • reddragoncats17.weebly.com/
Ooooohhh boy, we're back to the complicated stuff. Whoopie! (not)

I was going to do a help thread on Zero (and the other characters) getting hit, but that'll come another time since it's, more-or-less, a dilemma.

On to the topic at hand. You know how MegaMan characters die, do you? They explode into particles like this one? Well that's what I'm trying to go for.

How do I achieve this?
Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:38:48 am by RedDragonCats17
Re: MegaMan Zero help: Death Animation
#2  December 06, 2018, 10:00:03 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Prob could just make the character shoot many projectiles in multiple directions at the same time.
I believe both my NES MegaMan, and Player state Omega Zero has a similar state for those explosions.

Since you're going for the MegaMan Zero player death, Here's a copy paste from my Omega Zero (playable state).
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

If you don't get it, it's pretty much what I explained, to just use multiple projectiles.

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#3  December 06, 2018, 10:23:47 pm
    • USA
Thanks, N-Mario.

Also, I hope you don't mind me using your Omega Zero's aura and Tenshouha code. For me, there's no other way to make a different code for them and make them have the same effect as yours. I will give you a shoutout, I promise.
#4  December 06, 2018, 10:39:40 pm
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Sure...... :)

#5  December 06, 2018, 11:50:34 pm
    • USA
Small update: I've tried your code, N64Mario, and the particles didn't appear. I should tell you that I've kept the hit states the same because idk how the characters are going to get hit, and it's more-or-less a dilemma, since this game is a boss rush type of game.

I'm thinking about making another help thread about hit states, but at the same time I'm betting that you've got a different method. I can't read minds, y'know.

Do you have another method, or should I change the hit states?

Another update: I'm gonna try putting the particle projectiles into state 5150 and see how that works.

Update #3: I've added 4 particles, and they work, but one of them is missing. I'm willing to bet that the culprit is this piece of code in the Buster Shot's command:

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
;Buster Shot
[State -1, Buster Shot]
type = ChangeState
value = 240
triggerall = !var(10)
triggerall = command = "y"
triggerall = command != "holddown"
triggerall = numproj < 3; <===============
trigger1 = statetype = S
trigger1 = ctrl

numproj < 3 is supposed to make Zero fire no less than 3 shots from his gun, and I wanted it to just affect the gun, but it seems that it's affecting the death particles.

The funny thing is that Omega Zero's somersault sword beams are projectiles, and all of them fire at once. So it's quite odd that only 3 particles appear instead of 4. What theories do you have for this issue? And how do I fix it?

Update #4: Aight, so I've added 2 more particles that go diagonal, and they do appear, but not the one that's supposed to go straight down. Maybe it's not from numproj < 3, but it's something else.

Update #5: I found the cause. I changed the offset for the projectile, and it turns out that the projectile is hitting the floor, and therefore it disappears. I'm gonna look at the projectile code in the MUGEN class and see if I could find something to prevent that from happening.

Update #6: Fixed. I used your code as a reference and put in projheightbound = 1000,1000 on the projectiles going down, and it worked.

Now there's one more thing to adjust. Zero doesn't turn into particles immediately. He'll only turn into particles after he bounces off the ground a couple of times. I want him to turn into particles as soon as his life turns to 0. How can I achieve this?

Oh, here's what the effect looks like: https://streamable.com/2l2du
Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 03:41:33 am by RedDragonCats17
#6  December 07, 2018, 06:21:05 am
  • Video Game Veteran
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Well you're not just gonna be able to copy paste into your own script and expect it to work. You have to experiment with the conditions that make the projectiles throw to your liking.

You also need to force the player into the explosion state right away when defeated, which is prob what I did not provide here.

What I did was have something like this in the override [statedef -2]
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:26:38 am by Sheng Long
New #7  December 07, 2018, 06:38:26 am
    • USA
I replace 5151 with 5150, since I'm using that state for the projectiles, and Zero turned into the particles on the spot.

Well, that was easier than expected. Thanks.

I am planning on making 2 more help threads regarding MegaMan Zero, so I hope you could help me with 2 things at once.
Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 06:45:45 am by RedDragonCats17